What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones II

Game_Breaker

Coach
Yeah, Ned definitely heard him. He turned around, but at that point Ned wasn't used to be called Father (Robb was only just born)

The three eyed Raven didn't want him to interfere with the past, like Doc Brown in BTTF so he just dismissed the notion and said Ned just heard the wind (lame)

DiegoNT

First Grade
Yeah, Ned definitely heard him. He turned around, but at that point Ned wasn't used to be called Father (Robb was only just born)

The three eyed Raven didn't want him to interfere with the past, like Doc Brown in BTTF so he just dismissed the notion and said Ned just heard the wind (lame)

Think back to what Osha says to bran when talking about the gods in winterfell. The winds are the gods talking you just have to know how to listen

Parra

Referee

I recall a scene from the book where Bran is seeing Ned sharpen ice in the godswood and it happens same as shown on the TV. Just without bloodraven there to explain it.

Parra

Referee
Interesting bit is that he has walked from the watch by the look of it.

Do you think his death has set him free of his vows?

saint.nick

Coach
Yeah, I don't think there's anything in the Night's Watch 'contract' that stipulates anything about resurrections. I think the 'old' Jon would have stayed with them though.

He's gonna f**k off from the Night's Watch and hangout with the Wildlings, and then probably join up with Sansa to fight the Boltons, and then shift focus back onto the White Walkers after that's sorted out.

Someone

Bench
are varys 'little birdies' now turned to cersei's side now? at least the Kings landing ones?

and a massive hint that there will be a massive trial by combat later this season. hmm. alot was happening in that scene with Qyburn, Cersei, Jaime and the mountain.

beave

Coach
I'm thinking that Umber bringing Osha and Rickon back to Winterfell is a plan to lure John back to reacues them so we can have a 'bastardbowl' of sorts.

beave

Coach
are varys 'little birdies' now turned to cersei's side now? at least the Kings landing ones?

and a massive hint that there will be a massive trial by combat later this season. hmm. alot was happening in that scene with Qyburn, Cersei, Jaime and the mountain.

That scene with the little birdies was awkward....... Felt like it was watching a pedo work his twisted magic on the kids. I know that was probably not the intent but it felt like it as a non-book reader.

The scene with Tyrion and wine was pretty awkward and not needed.

saint.nick

Coach
That scene with the little birdies was awkward....... Felt like it was watching a pedo work his twisted magic on the kids. I know that was probably not the intent but it felt like it as a non-book reader.

Nah, it was meant to be creepy, as Qyburn is a creepy character.

nick87

Coach
I actually think it would have been incredible if they had taken the GOT universe and expanded it out into multiple series based around each primary character, with special event episodes a few times per year where they combine. Essentially a Marvel Avengers style set up but for television. That way we could actually spend some quality time with each character and also cut down the primary series to only the important shit, instead of having 7 episodes of setting up stories for a couple eps of payoff.

At the very least I'd love for them to have the balls to devote an entire episode to each character, instead of evenly distributing every Ep equally amongst all the plots going on

I honestly think they'll come.
The books have given a lot of source material for any number of spin off ideas

The show will finish up and go away for a few years and then someone is going to need to fill time on TV and given no one has any new ideas anymore, there is no doubt someone is going to say "hey, why dont we just flesh out the GoT's, and tell another story around that universe?" and everyone will just shrug their shoulders and say "yeah, why not"

Walt Flanigan

Referee
The show will finish up and go away for a few years and then someone is going to need to fill time on TV and given no one has any new ideas anymore, there is no doubt someone is going to say "hey, why dont we just flesh out the GoT's, and tell another story around that universe?" and everyone will just shrug their shoulders and say "yeah, why not"

I have no doubt that will happen. We?ve already got spin-offs of Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead and I?ve read that Sons of Anarchy is next with a Mayans series. If anything Game of Thrones lends itself more to this sort of thing with such an expansive world and GRRM has given it a pretty rich history.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Yeah, no doubt HBO are already secretly negotiating spin off ideas with GRRM, too much money to make to ignore that.

We've discussed some ideas in the old thread

DiegoNT

First Grade

Thats definitely a show creation. Vary slightly little birds are definitely still loyal to him in the books

Latest posts