What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones II

butchmcdick

Immortal
A few theories floating around that Jon snow was reading a letter from the Umber's just before oly got all traitorous and stabby Telling him Roose Bolton was dead and Ramsay had Rickon in an attempt to get him to march on Winterfell with his wildling army

Hopefully we have a bastard bowl coming up, winner take all and the others take the loser

It is known

Walt Flanigan

Referee
A few theories floating around that Jon snow was reading a letter from the Umber's just before oly got all traitorous and stabby Telling him Roose Bolton was dead and Ramsay had Rickon in an attempt to get him to march on Winterfell with his wildling army

Hopefully we have a bastard bowl coming up, winner take all and the others take the loser

It is known

Would have been good if it were the pink letter from Ramsay like in the books. But going by Jon's reaction when he read it on the show, it certainly wasn't.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
It was hard to recall his reaction to it given what happened straight after

In the show he just looked like he was reading any old letter. In the book he cracked it and told the NW that he was going to march south with the wildlings. Same result though, lying dead in the snow.

chrisD

Coach
There's no consistency of character, theme, rhyme or reason to the show's writing anymore, throwing out predictions is a fool's errand.

That said I'll take Arya learning teleportation in episode 5.

ceagle

Bench
There's no consistency of character, theme, rhyme or reason to the show's writing anymore, throwing out predictions is a fool's errand.

That said I'll take Arya learning teleportation in episode 5.

Where has the writing veered off this season? I'd admit the whole Dorne/Sand Snakes plot line is terrible but I feel the rest of the writing has stayed faithful to the characters mostly this season.

Season 5 was a bit shakey with them killing off certain characters (Shireen) and other things (Sansa being raped) more for shock value than anything, but so far this season there has been reason behind the characters deaths (Ramsay killing Bolton out of fear of being overshadowed by his new baby brother).

Last edited:

Parra

Referee
I'd prefer to have seen Roose tell Ramsay about his sibling and then cut to Ramsay being hung/disposed of as Roose had no more use for him. Also found the Sansa/Baelish story in the book more Machiavellian and interesting that the simple handover to the sadist. Intriguing & conniving vs the blunt object to the head that the TV writers went with. Same for the one dimensional treatment of Dorne. I know they can't fit it all in - will be interesting to see how the Iron Islands storyline pans out. They have spent quite a bit of time setting the scene there, so we can be hopeful that the story develops.

saint.nick

Coach
I'd prefer to have seen Roose tell Ramsay about his sibling and then cut to Ramsay being hung/disposed of as Roose had no more use for him.

I think that's daft. First of all, just because Roose has a new legitimate son, that doesn't mean Ramsay is suddenly useless to Roose. There is impending conflict in the North, and Ramsay has proved himself as a useful commander to the point where it has won him official status as a Bolton. He's a lot more useful in the short term than a little baby. Second of all, one of the big on-running plots has been the rise of Ramsay from a neglected bastard to a feared Bolton. He's a big character, and suddenly killing him off like that would be anti-climatic.

Parra

Referee
I believe it is a guarantee that Ramsay is going to be dealt with. Couldn't have said the same for Roose.

Don't get me wrong, still the best show on tele and I'll have the next book on day 1. Enjoying all of it.

saint.nick

Coach
Yeah Ramsay will definitely be dealt with.

You know it's a beast show when these are the only sorts of things you can look to criticise.

t-ba

Post Whore
I have this impending sense of dread that the Bastard Bowl won't happen until episode nine...

chrisD

Coach
Whereevs has the writing veered off this season? I'd admit the whole Dorne/Sand Snakes plot line is terrible but I feel the rest of the writing has stayed faithful to the characters mostly this season.

Half the shit makes no sense. There was a reason they chained the dragons and they don't address that when Tyrion decides to just free them on a whim? Tyrion and Varys just wander the streets unguarded, meanwhile there's an insurgency capable of destroying the whole fleet.

Jaime just never thought to ask why they made Cersei do the walk? Hasn't overheard it in passing since it's common knowledge? Or he knows and is just ok with Cersei f**king Lancel? If so that was a scene we needed to see.

Everyone iin WF are ok with Ramsay murdering his dad, and the Frey. The whole of Dorne is ok with some bastards killing their leader, and his son and heir who had no part in the complacency that was apparently justification. Complacency in getting justice for Oberyn, as if he'd be ok with them killing his brother and nephew. And Trystane is just chilling unguarded on the ship for the sandsnakes to warp in there?

Davos is ok with letting Stannis and presumably Shireen go with just a shake of the head from Mel, over it in a jiffy. But the random death of the NW Commander he's known fifteen minutes spurs him to seek out Mel to revive him? Why would he even think that's possible or that she could do it or why does he care so much about Jon?

DiegoNT

First Grade
Half the shit makes no sense. There was a reason they chained the dragons and they don't address that when Tyrion decides to just free them on a whim? Tyrion and Varys just wander the streets unguarded, meanwhile there's an insurgency capable of destroying the whole fleet.

Jaime just never thought to ask why they made Cersei do the walk? Hasn't overheard it in passing since it's common knowledge? Or he knows and is just ok with Cersei f**king Lancel? If so that was a scene we needed to see.

Everyone iin WF are ok with Ramsay murdering his dad, and the Frey. The whole of Dorne is ok with some bastards killing their leader, and his son and heir who had no part in the complacency that was apparently justification. Complacency in getting justice for Oberyn, as if he'd be ok with them killing his brother and nephew. And Trystane is just chilling unguarded on the ship for the sandsnakes to warp in there?

Davos is ok with letting Stannis and presumably Shireen go with just a shake of the head from Mel, over it in a jiffy. But the random death of the NW Commander he's known fifteen minutes spurs him to seek out Mel to revive him? Why would he even think that's possible or that she could do it or why does he care so much about Jon?

Funnily enough all these plot holes come when the writers go their own way from the books. The only show only part that has worked has been hardhome

saint.nick

Coach

f**k me dead you are a tedious bastard.

Latest posts