What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones VIII

First episode was solid, and yes a little boring, but that is not uncommon when you have so many characters to try and introduce and give you a little bit of their history/back story. It is the first building block in a larger story, not self contained on its own.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Yeah, solid first outing IMO. Set the scene pretty well, introduced the characters (who mostly seem a tad boring at the moment but so was Sansa Stark and Jon Snow for several seasons) and introduced the political and family discourse that GoT did so well. Still has a way to go though.

Was surprised that they gave mention to the Night King. Even morr surprised that Daemon didn't stab the Dornish guy who beat him in combat from behind.

The Song of Ice and Fire dream reference is a good little Easter Egg
It gave us insight that information was passed on from King to Heir for generations
Was their a point in time when this tradition stopped?
Was this information lost as a result of Roberts Rebellion?

soc123_au

Staff member
HoD ep 2 wasn't bad. I'd say shit will ramp up from here.

The scene with King Viserys and the Valaryon kiddie was uncomfortable viewing.. Mostly because it's a reminder that kind of shit did really happen and still does in some parts of the world.

BennyV

Referee
The time jumping is a bit annoying - surely there was enough story and action to not have to jump years at a time? I haven’t read the Fire and Blood backstory, but it feels like this while season/series is just setting up for some big events that wont eventuate until next season/series at least.

The Villain

Juniors
Just terrible. I’m not watching any further.
I just can’t get out of my head how far this show has gone downhill compared to the first 4 seasons.

Game_Breaker

Coach
The time jumping is a bit annoying - surely there was enough story and action to not have to jump years at a time? I haven’t read the Fire and Blood backstory, but it feels like this while season/series is just setting up for some big events that wont eventuate until next season/series at least.

The disadvantage of time jumping is when they change actors for the same character it doesn’t quite feel like the same character.

This season is really just a long backstory of the characters
I feel season 2 is where shit hits the fans and that’s when we get the war

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Getting interesting now… but f**k me it’s hard to remember who the hell is who!

I feel like my old man trying to remember all my ethnic mates names growing up 😂

Game_Breaker

Coach
and the Dance of the Dragons begins
Rhaenys did an Obi Wan and let them all live. She could've ended it right then and there

mongoose

Coach
Great final episode. Season 1 was a real slow burn but this has the potential to be as good as a song of ice and fire...