What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones VIII

adamkungl

Immortal
I’ve been reading some theories on why Dany was taken by Drogon rather than left to be buried and there seems to be a general belief that she was left as an unknown for potential revival. The idea that she was flown east to Quaithe is a good one.

Why do you think there's more to it?
Everything the last 2 seasons has given us, there has never been more to it. They just thought it would look cool. The end.

Haffa

Why do you think there's more to it?
Everything the last 2 seasons has given us, there has never been more to it. They just thought it would look cool. The end.
I really don't give the writers any credit for it. Probably all accidental just thought it was odd they mentioned where Drogon was last spotted heading towards. It's fun to speculate I guess.

BennyV

Referee
Does anybody else just periodically have that abortion of a final season pop into their head and go ‘f**k’ since it finished?
Yep, 100%.
A lot of the time I see a shot, comment or meme relating to the earlier seasons and get hit with all the feels. So, so angry and upset that something with so much promises ended so poorly, rendering the entire thing almost irrelevant other than a lesson in what not to do.

Parra

Referee
Too soon?

The disgusting aftertaste of that final season is still there for me

I agree. What they squandered with rewatches / merchandise / spin-offs is incredible. Massive f**k up and that aftertaste is not going away. All those little Khaleesi's and Danyrys' are getting closer to the age where they can watch it and cringe and question their parents.

Generalzod

Immortal
I was watching it with my son and my wife, she felt sick after watching the birthing process it was way to much. My son and I was discussing it after the episode finish and felt we knew already what was going to happen. Other than it was boring.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The biggest problem with this series there is not one character you want to cheer for, and besides Damon they are all pretty boring. Having read the book yeah there will be no team starks or team Lannister like the main series. They are all pretty terrible people.

Generalzod

Immortal
The biggest problem with this series there is not one character you want to cheer for, and besides Damon they are all pretty boring. Having read the book yeah there will be no team starks or team Lannister like the main series. They are all pretty terrible people.
Kind a like the Windsors lol

soc123_au

Staff member
I spent the lead up trying to tell myself to have no expectations and just roll with it. I don't think I managed to pull it off.

The show was ok, a bit boring overall but that is fair enough for a first ep. I spent most of the time thinking that Legolas hadn't aged well and expecting Gandalf to pop up somewhere.

BennyV

Referee
Yeah, solid first outing IMO. Set the scene pretty well, introduced the characters (who mostly seem a tad boring at the moment but so was Sansa Stark and Jon Snow for several seasons) and introduced the political and family discourse that GoT did so well. Still has a way to go though.

Was surprised that they gave mention to the Night King. Even morr surprised that Daemon didn't stab the Dornish guy who beat him in combat from behind.