What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Sequel

Razor

Coach
Jimmyson/Mullins said:
I agree with the first post! Think about it, in the long term we all would like it if the new game came out to coincide with the NRL season right???

I'd prefer it came out at the end of the season each year - watch football during the season, play it in the off-season.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
yup your an idiot...

madden, NHL, NBA, FIFA..all these games are released yearly..hell there released like 8-10months from least years version sometimes...

releasing makes its sales stronger..if you play this years version and in the future you see the next one..wouldnt you think " dam the 1st one was good im gonna check this out".. why do you think madden each year out sells its previous version??...its because as each time its released the expectations are also raised and in madden ea actually does a hell of a job.

Unknown Pleasures wrote:
Quote:
alright double for you
and shepp, we'll give Red V Hot a triple!

Raider go back to the footy show, it seems at your level.

yea it acually is my level, i like the footy show
unfortuatly we are not all blessed with a sence of humour, isnt that right Unknown Pleasures.......

Your "level" is a bunch of ex footballers with no TV talent at all who think they're funny??? With the exception of Matthew Johns.

Kasper

Bench
Unknown Pleasures said:
Unknown Pleasures wrote:
Quote:
alright double for you
and shepp, we'll give Red V Hot a triple!

Raider go back to the footy show, it seems at your level.

yea it acually is my level, i like the footy show
unfortuatly we are not all blessed with a sence of humour, isnt that right Unknown Pleasures.......

Your "level" is a bunch of ex footballers with no TV talent at all who think they're funny??? With the exception of Matthew Johns.
Get a sense of humour you dickhead. ps. Give yourself a triple you wanker.

Get a sense of humour you dickhead.

Goleel

Juniors
I know some of you 'high and mighty forum dwellers who know all and are above all in rugby league' think the footy show is too 'low brow' for you, but I hardly think its a knock on someone if they enjoy it. Heck, I love the show. It's more a knock on you for being a bloody wanker. Get your head out of the clouds.

As for a future sequel, look, if AFL can get a game every year, and a sh*t game at that, Rugby League deserves a game every year too, as long as there are improvements that can be made, and I think there will be for the first three or four years, new modes of play, more competitions, gameplay refinements, online play, franchise modes, etc.... then perhaps eventually, being able to change rules to make the game different, such as implementing the 5 metre rule, and things like that, and playing with classic teams. There is plenty to be done, and until they run out of significant improvements that could be made, I'd love to see a new game every year, and would definitely buy it.

Not sure if the whole general public would shell out for a new game every year, but if they were good, the core gamers would buy them for sure.

lionmaul

Juniors
I have had quite a few drinks tonight so forgive me if I don't makes since. :p But after a few scotch and waters a union game one year and a league game the next year sounds like a perfect solution. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahhhhhhh the hell with it. Make one every year, I will buy it, league or union I would spend my hard earned cash on it. :) :)
Cheers and a big Dam SALU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eelectrica

Referee
I can think of a hell of a lot of features I'd like to see in a future version. Goleel mentioned a lot of them. Thing is if they create a really great game it will sell to markets outside of the League fan base.
Take a look at how well the Madden Franchise sells in Australia and other parts of the world outside of America.

Matta

Juniors
Heres a whole list of features we would all want:

-Online play
-Sevens
-Vid Ref
-Golden Point for friendlies
-Legends team(s)
-Premier League
-Bartercard Cup
-Queensland Cup
-AMNRL
-Jim Beam Cup
-One-on-one Strips
-Jumps for the ball
-More animations
-More test teams
-Advantage rule?
-More faces/hairstyles/players/teams/stadiums/competitions etc.
-Grand final shows
-Duck teams
-Mascot teams
-So on and so on

You see, theres so much more they can do. Well just wait and see............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................waiting...

Red V Hot

Juniors
Thanks Unknown Pleasures and Mullins for your support.

10 things i hate abou this post

1. from the demo to currently is about 12 months, big improvements
2. madden etc brinmg out yearly games and still sell well
3. this game will be awsome but there is soo much more that can be done
4. you idiot
5. give yourself a tripple
6. see 4
7. you wanker
8. another double champ
9. see 4 again
10. footy shows on, dont show your face again

Look Raider_69 I dont mind if you come on and say 10 decent points, but just bagging me and making me look like a d!ckhead, ITS NOT FUNNY.

For all the people that said games such as FIFA and MADDEN come out every year is because they have an almost WORLDWIDE market, and are produced by Multi-million dollar companies such as EA, as with Rugby League, as said earlier, TWO STATES in a lesser populated country. Sidhe ( not knocking them) is a reletively new company onto the gaming market and they are only a small NZ brand which I assume would be hard for them to immediatly produce anothe game, maybe after another 3 spaced out versions, when they sell out like mad which is what you guys are virtually guaranting is what will happen, they may even be a massive company taking ocver EA sports, until then we should wait.

Even when the FIFA gaming range was released it wasn't released every year until it showed amazing success on numerous occasions. This is what should be done with Rugby League release maybe 2 or 3 versions in the space of 8 years or so, if a success release an annual game.

To the not so diehard Rugby League (General Public) fans, what's the point ,of one year buying a $100 game and the next year buying a VERY similar game for the same price.

I'm not saying I wouldnt buy it its just that I KNOW the general public wouldnt rush out madly to buy it such as us.

With all the hype surrounding the game at this time of its neear released. Im guessing alot of you are getting excited but if you sit down and think, I am pretty sure that you will release releasign another game to soon is a mistake.

shirkhan

Juniors
i think if there was a mini camp like madden and if there was all the stuff like madden 2004 that woud be cool like franchise modeand you can like buy your staff and evry thing create a stadium i would forke out every year

Razor

Coach
If they do add more comps, hopefully they keep them.

FIFA 98 had a tonne of international competitions from around the world, including Australia. By the time it got to FIFA 01 they only had 16 left.

undyflag

Juniors
I think we should feel proud of this great product we have to sell to the world , the greatest game of them all, Rugby League and what better way to do it by producing, what looks to be a fine-arse computer game.If the yanks can sell millions of copies of their slow-impossible to watch NFL and create a decent game yearly which keeps selling then League shall have no difficulties.Well considering NZ have there own side in the NRL and the game regaining popularity over the tasman as well as the poms having their ESL competition happening it shouldnt be too hard to sell to either market.With team rosters changing regularly,players retiring and gaming additions it would be good to see a yearly addition hot on the shelves how excited would one be?????!!!!!

raiderix

Juniors
the nrl game is gunna whoop some asss!!!! red v hot y shouldn't they be alowed to release a sequel if the game is good? If the first game is good everyone will want the 2nd game if it is released within a year. RAIDERS crap on the dragons!!! Red v hot just seems like another forum fonie that doesn't have a clue bout nething! he's probably never played league b4 so check out the game b4 you start saying it doesn't deserve a sequel

raiderix

Juniors
Well said RED V HOT
u r probably the only one on this thread thinking and posting some sense

TinghaExpress

Juniors
piss off back to ur whole in canberra u piece of shit
u better watch it or there will be serious trouble with the mighty dragon army u have gone over the line buddy SKULL is coming 4 u

Red V Hot

Juniors
Geez, first Raider_69 and then raiderix, what wrong with you guys I, along with many others are trying to start an intelligent conversation although this prooves to be waaaaaaaay to hard for you. raiderix:
red v hot y shouldn't they be alowed to release a sequel if the game is good?

When did i say that they will not be allowed to create a sequel? They are allowed, I am just saying it is not wise so soon.

RAIDERS crap on the dragons!!! Red v hot just seems like another forum fonie that doesn't have a clue bout nething!

When did I say I go for the dragons? I am a big St Helens fan ( Red V) shows how much you know about league, think before you speak and start mouthing others off. And if i did happen to go for the dragons what relevance does it have to this post?

Raiderix:
tinghaexpress, y don't u cum out of the closet and do red v hot up the arse! give urself a double and then a triple you weak fudge pusher!

With those thoughts even coming close to your tiny mind I would be worried if I were u raiderix, I think your they gay one! Do us all a favour, get of the forums and stay entertained with this for a couple of hours mate :

1800-HOT MEN...there you go, HAVE FUN!