What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game thoughts Eels/Bitches

Far Canal

Juniors
Wwith 10 mins - Parra cannot win being 14 points down

1. T Mannah should be man of the match - he was brillant (FFM not far behind).
2. I am not condoning what Hayne did but for f**ks sake if the ref blew the whistle after the Payne cheapshot - Hayne would have never reacted.
3. Hayne will get 2 weeks for the headbutt.
4. Payne is a grub - that has always been in his game.
5. Ennis is king of the grubs - if he plays SOO - he will stain the jersey.
6. Hindmarsh should not have chased and punched Ennis - but that was coming.
7. We have the worst half pairing in the league. Both players are not first graders - they cannot kick. It is down right embarassing.
8. Some dubious calls - Barber's second try should not have been a try (benefit of the doubt my ass) and the stripping penalty (to make it 22-14) was not one at all Ennis lost that ball - reverse that with Loko - where Ryan stripepd the ball off him.
9. Loko looks clumsy and does not move well laterally - after 2 games I cannot see what is special about him.
10. Improved performance but hat does not cut the mustard - we stick lack quality halves and dangerous ball runners. Future is very very grim.

oldmancraigy

Coach
11. Hayne is approaching 'grubdom' if he continues with the stupid headbutting. That's 2 in 2 years. More than most people have in a career.

Yeah yeah - I know it was a 'nothing' headbut, but we win the game if he doesn't do that for sure.

Chipmunk

Coach

2. I am not condoning what Hayne did but for f**ks sake if the ref blew the whistle after the Payne cheapshot - Hayne would have never reacted.
7. We have the worst half pairing in the league. Both players are not first graders - they cannot kick. It is down right embarassing.
8. Some dubious calls - Barber's second try should not have been a try (benefit of the doubt my ass) and the stripping penalty (to make it 22-14) was not one at all Ennis lost that ball - reverse that with Loko - where Ryan stripepd the ball off him.
9. Loko looks clumsy and does not move well laterally - after 2 games I cannot see what is special about him.
10. Improved performance but hat does not cut the mustard - we stick lack quality halves and dangerous ball runners. Future is very very grim.

Improved performance for 30 minutes and then dreadful...other than that you're thoughts are pretty close tot he mark..

There's not much doing for this team if the opposition gets a 50/50 split of the possesion and fronts up with the same level of enthusiasm.

The longer Robson and Mortimer stay in the halves, the longer the pain of being closer to last on the ladder will remain....

Jarryd Hayne took us from being all over the dogs and on our way to victory to losing our way and on the end of another hiding...Hindy unfortunately wasnt far behind him

Matt23

Staff member
Do any of you guys think Hayne needs to be dropped for a week for disciplinary reasons?

oldmancraigy

Coach
Did Ennis racially abuse Horo? Is that why Hindy chased him?

Watch the replay, the tackle before the biffo, Horo is enraged about something Ennis says, both Horo and Hindmarsh are markers and both look like biffing Ennis. Ball is played, Hindy/ Horo run across the field, Ennis runs up behind them and keeps chirping so Hindmarsh biffs him.

Never seen Hindy react to a sledge that way - especially not when winning 14-0 and being dominant. I'd bet Ennis made a racial slur against Horo in the previous play the ball.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Do any of you guys think Hayne needs to be dropped for a week for disciplinary reasons?

Nope.

I think the judiciary might drop him.

But what would be the point of Parra dropping him? So we can get pantsed something - 0? A good coach can discipline him just fine without dropping him

Eels Dude

Coach

1. Mannah was good but the Bulldogs outplayed us therefore the Man of the Match should come from their side.
2. It was still stupid on Hayne's behalf, a brain explosion
7. Long kicking game was actuallt pretty good. Short kicking game was diabolical. Morts kicking down the throat of the fullback from twenty metres out... the number of short kicks that went dead in goal. Pathetic.
8. Ref was actually good tonight... the Barba try was a 50/50 and it went against us this time. Can't have a sook about that.
9. Loko was good last week, but like most young players it's hard to back up week to week and Loko couldn't tonight.
11. I don't think we improved that much. We fired up and played well for the first 25 minutes but after that we were woeful.

Other points....

1. Billy Rogers is not a first grader
2. Discipline and goal line defence is terrible.
3. Halves are just plain awful. Our kicking game is that poor that teams know all they have to do to defeat us is be patient in defence and then just unleash when they have the ball.
4. Without Hayne running the show we have nothing.
5. Our coach needs a serious wake up call... it's all well and good to say we need to do "this, this and this" it's another to actually fix those problems. All talk no action by Steve Kearney at the moment. Back to back 30 point drubbings are unacceptable and fans paying their hard earned money for this kind of trash may think again before purchasing a ticket next time.

f**king hell.

Since when did Justin Horo become increadibly sh*t?

Funny how money changes people.

I love how the starting halves for the Dogs are two parra juniors dubbed not good enough. While we are left with Robson and Mortimer the worst halves of all time.

Can the recruitment team for Parra please stand up and be accountable for the fact we have a worse roster of players then the sharks did last year.

Also Kearney thanks for wrecking Loko, sh*t like this can either make or break a player and i don't see us improving.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
11. Hayne is approaching 'grubdom' if he continues with the stupid headbutting. That's 2 in 2 years. More than most people have in a career.

Yeah yeah - I know it was a 'nothing' headbut, but we win the game if he doesn't do that for sure.
I think most of the opposition supporter already consider Hayne a grub.

oldmancraigy

Coach
f**king hell.

I love how the starting halves for the Dogs are two parra juniors dubbed not good enough. While we are left with Robson and Mortimer the worst halves of all time.

Can the recruitment team for Parra please stand up and be accountable for the fact we have a worse roster of players then the sharks did last year.

Also Kearney thanks for wrecking Loko, sh*t like this can either make or break a player and i don't see us improving.

To be fair, Hodko was rubbish tonight - marginally better than Robson. But he left because Maloney and Finch were ahead of him (not pushed) - then Maloney went because he wanted to play FG - so then we sacked Finch and were left with the bottom of the barrel.

Sadly the barrel hasn't seen much stirring in the last 18 months...

You know people get paid to make sure that we don't get left in the position where we are at the bottom of the barrell.

People get paid to spot talent.

What about Keating? We sign Matt Keating , who anybody who isn't blind could tell was the much sh*ttier brother.

In previous years i could handle losing because i knew we could be better. This year is going to be horrible.

How did we get to the position where we are challenging teams who may i add are better then us for the spoon.

Gazzamatta

Coach
My wish is that Hayne gets sidelined for 2 weeks for the stupidist play I have ever seen. Once his suspension is served he should play wing. Does the guy EVER make a tackle? He has attitude that should be tempered
Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.
I thought Mortimer tried his guts out as did Mannah and Fui.
Read a comment about Horo possibly being racially vilified? Oh no .... looks like we have another Tahu. Toughen up you pack of sooks.
Hindmarsh should be stripped of the capatancy after that effort. Great player yes. Great captain NO.

I will keep my thoughts on the game to everything but the fights.

How hard is it to tackle? A simple part of the game our players just don't want to do. I was more frustrated byt the fact we let them throw the ball around and run without any threat.

How many things went the Dogs way? Forward passes, dogdy calls.........I would love a game where everything goes our way.

eel01s

Bench
The players know Ennis is a grub - they should just laugh in his face, no matter what he says.

IF (that's a big if) he said something racial, then it should have been reported to the ref. Let the NRL investigate the matter. Don't react and give away the penalty. We need to be mentally tougher than that in this game.

Eelementary

Post Whore
f**king hell.

It's not like Kris Keating didn't have opportunities to shine at Parramatta. He played a fair few games and did not do very much at all.

Now, fine - everyone could see he had potential. But how far does that take you? Do you keep him and hope his potential FINALLY shines through? I think the right call was made - at the time, KK was not playing that well. Sure, he was shuffled around a lot. But the point remains that he was poor to average at best.

fish eel

Immortal
It's not like Kris Keating didn't have opportunities to shine at Parramatta. He played a fair few games and did not do very much at all.

Now, fine - everyone could see he had potential. But how far does that take you? Do you keep him and hope his potential FINALLY shines through? I think the right call was made - at the time, KK was not playing that well. Sure, he was shuffled around a lot. But the point remains that he was poor to average at best.

What continuity to KK have last year?

Kris Keating was played at half back. He was played at 5/8, played at hooker and came off the bench. He is a 5/8. He is at the Bulldogs, playing in that position, with the same bloke inside him week in week out and will have a very good year.

KK was playing no worse than Mortimer & Robson last year - but he has gone and we're stuck with tweedle dee and tweedle dum