What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game thoughts Eels/Bitches

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hands up those of you who have played sport.

Now, hands up those of you who have played sport at a semi-competitive level.

Finally, hands up those of you who have played sport at a semi-competitive level and have felt the pressure of losing a few games and have reacted poorly to someone sledging you.

I know I, for one, nearly snapped a guy in half because he made a comment that was involving my then-ill mother. I could hear my coach screaming at me to leave it be. I could hear my teammates screaming at me to let it go. But in the heat of the moment you get overcome by this rage that just render everything else moot. And you can't help it. Sure, you can argue that they're professionals, they should know better. But they are human beings first and foremost. And we would all react with emotion first.

Eelementary

Post Whore
What continuity to KK have last year?

Kris Keating was played at half back. He was played at 5/8, played at hooker and came off the bench. He is a 5/8. He is at the Bulldogs, playing in that position, with the same bloke inside him week in week out and will have a very good year.

KK was playing no worse than Mortimer & Robson last year - but he has gone and we're stuck with tweedle dee and tweedle dum

I addressed the shuffling around issue in the rest of my post.

And surely you can see why we persisted with Mortimer? Off the back of the 2009 euphoria, signing a big deal, etc.

He played plenty of games at 5/8 for us and didn't do much. I fail to see the big problem.

I especially fail to see why people are upset about losing Hodkinson. He was woeful tonight.

We got rid of him while we had Mortimer and Robson as our only options SURELY we had the money to sign him. Kris is a good kid and loved Parra and would have stayed.

Kris Keating before his injury was one of our better players.

He has a player who had potential but was the real deal.

Eels Dude

Coach
Hands up those of you who have played sport.

Now, hands up those of you who have played sport at a semi-competitive level.

Finally, hands up those of you who have played sport at a semi-competitive level and have felt the pressure of losing a few games and have reacted poorly to someone sledging you.

I know I, for one, nearly snapped a guy in half because he made a comment that was involving my then-ill mother. I could hear my coach screaming at me to leave it be. I could hear my teammates screaming at me to let it go. But in the heat of the moment you get overcome by this rage that just render everything else moot. And you can't help it. Sure, you can argue that they're professionals, they should know better. But they are human beings first and foremost. And we would all react with emotion first.

You had every right to deck that bloke mate, but refs don't see it that way it's black and white hecne why we, and more importantly professional sportspeople need to use self control when those certain things happen.

Eelementary

Post Whore
You had every right to deck that bloke mate, but refs don't see it that way it's black and white hecne why we, and more importantly professional sportspeople need to use self control when those certain things happen.

I know - and I completely, 100% agree that both Hayne and Hindmarsh acted the wrong way.

But I am trying to say that I, for one, can understand (without agreeing with) the reasons why they did. Things get hot in the middle, someone says/does something you don't agree with and you do something stupid. It SHOULDN'T happen, I completely agree. But some people are better than others are restraining themselves, I suppose.

Eels Dude

Coach
I know - and I completely, 100% agree that both Hayne and Hindmarsh acted the wrong way.

But I am trying to say that I, for one, can understand (without agreeing with) the reasons why they did. Things get hot in the middle, someone says/does something you don't agree with and you do something stupid. It SHOULDN'T happen, I completely agree. But some people are better than others are restraining themselves, I suppose.

Agreed. I think when it comes to pro sport though, where you are earning 500k PA you do need to have a certain level of self control as you have a responsibility to many. Even then though it is hard. I don't blame Hayne for doing what he did, but at the same time I don't blame the club for hitting him with a 25 grand fine for acting like an idiot. Either way, not much we can do and hopefully Hayne learns from this.

Eels Dude

Coach
What happened to Tom Humble?? Is he an option in the 6 for you blokes??

He doesn't have the speed to make it at number 6. And he cannot jump high enough either to play fullback. Also find it difficult to inject himself into games at the right moment.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
He doesn't have the speed to make it at number 6. And he cannot jump high enough either to play fullback. Also find it difficult to inject himself into games at the right moment.

Surely he could learn when to inject himself and when not to.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Agreed. I think when it comes to pro sport though, where you are earning 500k PA you do need to have a certain level of self control as you have a responsibility to many. Even then though it is hard. I don't blame Hayne for doing what he did, but at the same time I don't blame the club for hitting him with a 25 grand fine for acting like an idiot. Either way, not much we can do and hopefully Hayne learns from this.

Completely agree. And I totally understand why people are disappointed in him (and to a lesser extent Hindmarsh).

BigErn

Juniors
You would think so. I'm sure next time he plays he will try and inject himself at the right time to suit the team.

Ok
This is now the 5th or 6th time someone's mentioned 'injecting' and Tom Humble.
What's the go? Can you people just stop being so secretive and let us know what's going on?
Is he on steroids or something?
Does he have a drug problem?

As for the game:
Bloody hell. What is going on? Stephen Kearney has a lot to answer for.

When you go down to 11 men, you've gotta get defensive.
He should've brought fresh faces ben smith and Billy Rogers
You pull off your frontrowers. You gotta get mobile.
Why have smith and Rogers in your team full stop?
Waste. Webb and Mitchell are heaps better options.

What's this rubbish about 'our fittest pre season'?
We were out on our feet tonight. We looked so unfit.

Robson should be lining up at centrelink on Monday.
He was WOEFUL.
That cross field kick was the most embarrassing moment in history.
Followed closely by mortimers stab kick straight to the winger.

Our halves are inept. Enough said.

If hayne gets up and throws punches, nothing happens
Why does he have to get up and headbutt? And it was soft too.
Get up and deck the bloke if you're angry. It was a love tap.

Ennis is a grub

Bow_rider

Juniors
Well it goes to show the coach that A Mitchell wasn't totally to blame for last week. Maguire is solid but he was past his best when he went to England. Sure he played a good trial but really that has been it. Give a 21year old a go and put the 30 somethings out to pasture.