What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game thoughts Eels/Bitches

Eels Dude

Coach
Just to expand a little - Wendell Sailor was the guest host, and he pretty much stuck up for Nathan. He said he's known Hindmarsh for years and he is the nicest bloke on and off the field, and that Ennis is a known pest...So Big Dell reckons Ennis said something stupid, but he didn't want to commit himself to actually saying it.

I think just about everyone knows Ennis is the biggest grub going around the game at the moment. Anything he said on the field wouldn't surprise anyone.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think just about everyone knows Ennis is the biggest grub going around the game at the moment. Anything he said on the field wouldn't surprise anyone.

Good point.

I may be reading a little too much into it, but Big Dell sounded a little mad to me. He seemed genuinely angry at Ennis when he was talking about him. Ryan Phelan was all, "Isn't Michael Ennis the nicest bloke? He's always so professional in his interviews!" And Dell was like, "..."

Eels Dude

Coach
Good point.

I may be reading a little too much into it, but Big Dell sounded a little mad to me. He seemed genuinely angry at Ennis when he was talking about him. Ryan Phelan was all, "Isn't Michael Ennis the nicest bloke? He's always so professional in his interviews!" And Dell was like, "..."

You're probably quite correct yeah... I think most players know Ennis is one of the biggest grubs in the game. Hindy is playing his 14th season in the NRL though, he'd have copped every sledge in the book. What Ennis said must have been pretty harsh or disrespectful... but Hindy is experienced enough that he should be able to deal with it either to the referee at the time or post game, instead of taking matters into his own hands.

spiderdan

Bench
this year is the first time i have gone into a season with no expectations.

there were some positives (not many but some) before friday's implosion. looks like kearney has the guys running a little more instead of playing under 7s style.

i reserve my judgement on kearney until later in the year to see where he plans on taking us rather than what he has just started building. it'll be some months before we know if signing him was the right move. have a look at penrith when lang took over. they finished pretty much last then the following year took the minor premiership in 03. i look at parra this year the same way. anyone that expected kearney to deliver instant success is kidding themself.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
When we got behind there was no attack, didn't look like we could score another point.

Why so many hit ups to get set, that is where we are getting done. After you make a break don't hit the ball up, the backline/outside guys should always be in a position to run to the line and give the playmakers someone to pass to.