What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Thread: Round 2 v Warriors

salvy71

Juniors
did anyone think we looked alot sharper because hindy didn't play not trying to disrespect the great man he is and will forever be a legend but it did seem too look more fluent without him.. but in saying that maybe hindy would of been next to sandow to save him from he's shoulder charge debacle which i beleive lost us the game

Not really , in fact our defence looked like a shambles because Hindmarsh wasn't there closing down all the half breaks . The attack looked a little sharper - but I put that down to Hayne . After he left , the attack looked disorganised once again , with a few good individual runs thrown in .

Springs

First Grade
Best not post so close to fulltime. It's a time for venting. Go kick the dog or something ;-)

I'm lucky enough to be old enough to remember two of our premiership wins. I've come to be realistic about our chances each year. I don't think we'll have a genuine shot at the title for 2-3 years, and that's assuming we continue to recruit well and retain our good young players (how good are Sio and Blair looking?).

Being an Eels supporter is depressing at times, but it could be worse (sharks, rabbitohs, Cowboys, Bears, Jets....).

To be honest that's just not good enough. For all the frustration us fans have knowing we deserve a premiership Hindmarsh deserves one probably more than anyone else in the game.

In fact the core Eels players that made up the team for the last decade all deserved a premiership. And to be honest it's sad knowing that we were denied three times by a cheating club.

However for those saying if we can remember when the Eels looked likely, well we have two minor premierships and have made two grand finals in the last eleven years. It hasn't been too bad.

did anyone think we looked alot sharper because hindy didn't play not trying to disrespect the great man he is and will forever be a legend but it did seem too look more fluent without him.. but in saying that maybe hindy would of been next to sandow to save him from he's shoulder charge debacle which i beleive lost us the game

No. That's just stupid. We were more fluent because one Hayne was back, two Roberts played the full game and three it wasn't raining. However saying that two of our tries were cut out passes to the winger and two were solo Sandow. Our attack still isn't great and we often looked lost after Hayne went off.

And also in regards to youth, we used to have lots of young players, eels juniors, who were great, but we gave them away for a bunch of old players who all retired last year.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I thought Poore had one of his better games tonight. Played like he wants to keep his spot in First Grade. Well done to him.

As for our younger blokes, I see some positives there, from Blair, Sio and Paulo all stepped up tonight and looked dangerous with the ball.

wow.

rnd 2. playing last years grand finalists. captain and best defender out. best player taken off after 15 mins. massive improvement from round 1. still in the game with 5mins to go.

Better merge with Penrith.

Been reading these forums since 2003. thats in the top 5 worst posts i've read.

There's a first for me. Thanks!

I wish I was wrong, but from what I have been told, it is being considered an option by the NRL, as they look at expansion.

At least one, if not 2 new teams in Qld (definately 1 in Brisbane), the "national" competition will not continue in it's current form - it can't. With the addition of other sides, long term, the options are limited to a 2 tier comp with relegation/promotion ( which won't work, as the 2nd tier is unlikely to retain the supporters), cutting teams ( not an option being considered, as that support base is not something the NRL want to lose) or merger.

Whilst we would all like to think that the AFL will fail in Western Sydney, they are here, & are going to pump the $$ in. More $$ than what the NRL can afford to compete with.

The AFL will give tickets away every game, until the team grows it's base & begins winning games. When it begins winning games, it will grow, just like every other commercial football team does, with it's fair-weather fans. But, that will also start dragging the crowds to their games with money to spend.

That's what it all comes down too. It is a war & the NRL are willing to consider anything. They know that Parra & Panther fans are die hard. But, they are not the fans they are concerned about, cause they will be there come hell or high-water.

My preference would be that what you are suggesting about my post was indeed ridiculous. Unfortunately, the reality is that it is being considered. 40 years as a supporter, I never want it to happen, if it is avoidable.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
There's a first for me. Thanks!

I wish I was wrong, but from what I have been told, it is being considered an option by the NRL, as they look at expansion.

At least one, if not 2 new teams in Qld (definately 1 in Brisbane), the "national" competition will not continue in it's current form - it can't. With the addition of other sides, long term, the options are limited to a 2 tier comp with relegation/promotion ( which won't work, as the 2nd tier is unlikely to retain the supporters), cutting teams ( not an option being considered, as that support base is not something the NRL want to lose) or merger.

Whilst we would all like to think that the AFL will fail in Western Sydney, they are here, & are going to pump the $$ in. More $$ than what the NRL can afford to compete with.

The AFL will give tickets away every game, until the team grows it's base & begins winning games. When it begins winning games, it will grow, just like every other commercial football team does, with it's fair-weather fans. But, that will also start dragging the crowds to their games with money to spend.

That's what it all comes down too. It is a war & the NRL are willing to consider anything. They know that Parra & Panther fans are die hard. But, they are not the fans they are concerned about, cause they will be there come hell or high-water.

My preference would be that what you are suggesting about my post was indeed ridiculous. Unfortunately, the reality is that it is being considered. 40 years as a supporter, I never want it to happen, if it is avoidable.
Have you been speaking to AFL House???? What a load of shit, the AFL are declaring war in Western Sydney and you think we are even conemplating merging any teams out here???? We do that we may as well wave the white flag to the Fumbletards.

Who cares how much money they spend or how many free tickets they give away, at the end of the day AFL is a shit sport played by unco coat racks. League is king out west and with our new TV we will have more than enough cash to blunt Vlad and his minions.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Have you been speaking to AFL House???? What a load of shit, the AFL are declaring war in Western Sydney and you think we are even conemplating merging any teams out here???? We do that we may as well wave the white flag to the Fumbletards.

Who cares how much money they spend or how many free tickets they give away, at the end of the day AFL is a shit sport played by unco coat racks. League is king out west and with our new TV we will have more than enough cash to blunt Vlad and his minions.

Getting your hand of it mate, I reckon we merge with Penrith and the dogs, and create a dynasty

The super team id have is

1. Hayne
2. Sio
3. Jennings
4. Tonga
5. Burt
6. Lewis
7. Sandow
8. Mannah
9. Kingston
10. Allgood
11. Hindy
12. Pritchard
13. Stagg

14. Billy Rogers
15. Pat Ohanlan
16. Kris Keating
17. Moi Moi

Parra Pride

Referee
As much as I'd love the great Billy Rogers back TPB, I wouldnt support any merged team, it's the Parramatta Eels, or no one.

#NoMerging

Meth

Staff member
Hard luck last night. Obviously, you missed Hindmarsh, Horo and Hayne out there. Your two wingers are great prospects.

Best wishes for the rest of the season.

Forty20

First Grade
Hard luck last night. Obviously, you missed Hindmarsh, Horo and Hayne out there. Your two wingers are great prospects.

Best wishes for the rest of the season.

Cheers Meth. Best of luck to your boys as well.