What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Thread: Round 2 v Warriors

Anyone remember the movie "The Natural" with Robert Redford?

I keep thinking of the sequence where the psychologist is addressing the team - "losing is a disease. A disease as contagious as syphilis" etc etc

I am convinced that there has been a culture in our team of no confidence for a very long time. They don't have a winning culture, & bar the Year of Hayne, haven't had that culture for many years.

Starting to think that a Panthers merge may be the only answer, as much as it pains me to say that (& I have always been against it)

Chipmunk

Coach
Some people on this forum either didn't watch the game or have no idea about how it is played. We actually looked really good. Jarryd doesn't go off injured and it's a different story. At least the cattle that was out there had a go.

Yes it's frustrating to loose, but we still only have 2 of the 4 we need in the spine without Jarryd.

We need a hooker and a ball playing back rower, otherwise I think the team we have will at least be competitive.

Agree that if Hayne doesnt get injured its a different story. In fact he probably scores if he doesnt get injured.

Our direction in attack is still abysmal....we play tackle to tackle instead of building a set of six towards something. Our defence is attrocious....

Well we stuck all our eggs in one basket by signing Keating and letting everyone else who can play dummy half leave the club....so dont expect anyone else to be playing in the 9 over the next two seasons than Matt "Reserve Grade" Keating.

Feleti Mateo goes allright as a ball playing backrower, perhaps we should try and get him.....

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Anyone else get the feeling that we have forgot how to win?

Lets face it - we really didn't have a bad player out there. Just all the luck went teh Warriors way. The scoreline flattered them.

We're in a pre pre rebuilding year - we should be firing out of the blocks come the seasons end of the pre pre rebuilding year.
There is much to look forward to.
Season after season while enduring all the losses we just need to be patient, things will turn around.

Go Parra :(:cry: :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Tooooks

Bench
FMD there are some insipid whiny bitches on this site. "Waah, we're shit, we'll get flogged next week, we'll get the spoon."

Yep, it was a disappointing loss. No, we will not make the 8 (anyone expecting us to is being overly optimistic). On the other hand, we will not get the spoon this year. I thought there were some positives tonight:

- Sio continues to impress
- Blair: strong runs, some good takes
- Sandow: kept us in the game
- Roberts: looked pretty sharp, nice ball for the first try

A lot of negatives too (some shit defence, line speed, failure to shut down second phase play), but I think there's enough talent there to finish reasonably close to the 8 this year.

We desperately need a good hooker though. He tries hard, but he's just not good enough.

yy_cheng

Coach
Hmmm, following them for 40 odd years, I think I might know them as well. If they maintain the level of effort they put in tonight, the game will be closer than some may think. At least we have some attacking options and we are now making some line breaks. Some of the NZ tries tonight were only scored because our defence structure was reshuffled mid game.

why would following parra for 40 yrs make a difference

Chipmunk

Coach
Yep I reckon our lucks gotta change pretty soon.

With Blair, Sio, POH, Lasallo all firing. Also add in Roberts and Sandow. If we can get Hayne and Hindy back soon I reckon we will turn it all around very quickly.

Sio and Blair have been the real surprise packets for me so far. Imagine how good they'll be by the time Hoppa gets here.

What exactly was it that you saw Pat O'Hanlon do??? Horo is a better option off the bench

Hang Keating!!!!

Time to form a posse!

Whose got the rope?

(I must have watched a different game to those who think he had a bad game. No, he isn't Cameron Smith, but certainly didn't stop all night - one of our best, in the game that I was watching)

EELICIT

Juniors
why would following parra for 40 yrs make a difference

Thats possibly the most idiotic statement ever. 40yrs of experience is priceless. When someone with that much experience tells you there's something to look forward to, Listen !

pazzaeel

Juniors
Anyone remember the movie "The Natural" with Robert Redford?

I keep thinking of the sequence where the psychologist is addressing the team - "losing is a disease. A disease as contagious as syphilis" etc etc

I am convinced that there has been a culture in our team of no confidence for a very long time. They don't have a winning culture, & bar the Year of Hayne, haven't had that culture for many years.

Starting to think that a Panthers merge may be the only answer, as much as it pains me to say that (& I have always been against it)

wow.

rnd 2. playing last years grand finalists. captain and best defender out. best player taken off after 15 mins. massive improvement from round 1. still in the game with 5mins to go.

Better merge with Penrith.

Been reading these forums since 2003. thats in the top 5 worst posts i've read.

Haynzy

First Grade
I dunno what happened to Roberts. He started well but disappeared in the 2nd half.

I didn't think Esi went that well or Pat O'H.

Other than that I didn't think we were that bad.
Blair and Sio were great. Mannah, Moimoi, Poore and Paulo were strong and Sandow was excellent (apart from that missed tackle).
We were incredibly unlucky with injuries and some desperation plays that didn't come off.

Things will get better.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
wow.

rnd 2. playing last years grand finalists. captain and best defender out. best player taken off after 15 mins. massive improvement from round 1. still in the game with 5mins to go.

Better merge with Penrith.

Been reading these forums since 2003. thats in the top 5 worst posts i've read.
:lol: Amazing, f**king Penrith :crazy:

yy_cheng

Coach
Thats possibly the most idiotic statement ever. 40yrs of experience is priceless. When someone with that much experience tells you there's something to look forward to, Listen !
bs. this parra team has no resemblance to one 40 yrs ago or 20 or 10 or 5
the game is even different. reread his reply

Willface

Juniors
Using your logic we should be premiers in 2012. That 2009 team was pretty good.[/QUOTE

Jarryd hayne was pretty good. For a team sport without hayne we struggle to make the 8. Are you sure you actually follow the eels, you and a couple others are very negative all the time to all players outside the do no fuc&@ng wrong Burt and Hindy. I love Hindy as well but it is 2012 not 1998 the only way forward is youth. When they actually retire we will have to have welfare checks done on yours truly