What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Thread: Round 2 v Warriors

I said that I didn't want it, however, despite the Year of Hayne, run to the GF - how many times in the last 25+ years have we looked likely?

I am tired of knowing at the beginning of the majority of seasons that we do not gave the cattle to win the comp.

For a lot if people, they have never seen our team win a comp. I was 15 the last time we won the comp. If I have to wait another 25 years, I will be verging on pensioner status ( if I am lucky). I crave success, to the point where my life is very dependent on it - including my football team.

If that means contemplating a merge for it too come sooner, I am willing to consider it.

yy_cheng

Coach
I dunno what happened to Roberts. He started well but disappeared in the 2nd half.

I didn't think Esi went that well or Pat O'H.

Other than that I didn't think we were that bad.
Blair and Sio were great. Mannah, Moimoi, Poore and Paulo were strong and Sandow was excellent (apart from that missed tackle).
We were incredibly unlucky with injuries and some desperation plays that didn't come off.

Things will get better.

I don't think its roberts fauly. it was either sandow thinking he had to carry the team and called for the ball or mk doesn't trust roberts and always went to sandow or that's what sk instructed

Willface

Juniors
Wait until we get walloped next week V Cowboys, which we will. I know this team well.

My god what is wrong with you so called supporters. Bad luck and a lot of new faces, considering the circumstances tonight they played quite well.

Avenger

Immortal
My god what is wrong with you so called supporters. Bad luck and a lot of new faces, considering the circumstances tonight they played quite well.
I've been waiting too f**king long, if you cannot handle it, ignore it.

Tooooks

Bench

Best not post so close to fulltime. It's a time for venting. Go kick the dog or something ;-)

I'm lucky enough to be old enough to remember two of our premiership wins. I've come to be realistic about our chances each year. I don't think we'll have a genuine shot at the title for 2-3 years, and that's assuming we continue to recruit well and retain our good young players (how good are Sio and Blair looking?).

Being an Eels supporter is depressing at times, but it could be worse (sharks, rabbitohs, Cowboys, Bears, Jets....).

EELICIT

Juniors
bs. this parra team has no resemblance to one 40 yrs ago or 20 or 10 or 5
the game is even different. reread his reply

I don't need to read his reply again because the game is no different to the game 40yrs ago. Just remember that most of the immortals etc came way before we knew anyting about the game. 40 yrs experience is valuable even with todays so called game !

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
well hopefully Hayne will be right for next week if not the week after. I think Kearney will name him tomorrow though

Willface

Juniors

Mate I have been reading the forums for a long time and respect your opinion. I to have been waiting far to long. All I am saying is that at least now we are looking to a bit of youth, yes this may again create a year with no premiership, however it is the only way forward. You could honestly not say that you weren't impressed with what some of these young kids did against last years grand finalists considering the circumstances.

salvy71

Juniors
One thing this game did show is that without Hindmarsh there to plug all the holes , our defence is ordinary , a decent start but pretty much a bumbling effort once Hayne went off . Sandows 2 individual efforts getting us another 12 points . 36 to 12 for the last 70 minutes was disappointing but some good signs with the young players like Blair and Sio .
Warriors not at their best and also missing Jacob Lillyman , Michael Luck and Sam Rapira ....half their grand final forward pack so we're not the only ones having a rough trot .
We live to fight another day I guess ....only 4 points away from 1st spot .

Avenger

Immortal
Jeez some of you floggers are drama queens

#lol@avengerwhatafkingskirt

Yawn. You are a non event. Always have been, always will be. Just keep trying those quirky smart arse posts that don't work for you. Loser!

Avenger

Immortal
Mate I have been reading the forums for a long time and respect your opinion. I to have been waiting far to long. All I am saying is that at least now we are looking to a bit of youth, yes this may again create a year with no premiership, however it is the only way forward. You could honestly not say that you weren't impressed with what some of these young kids did against last years grand finalists considering the circumstances.

The 2 wingers played well. Lasalo, POH and Paulo I would swap for T Rex which we could acquire if we were smart, but we ain't.

Willface

Juniors
The 2 wingers played well. Lasalo, POH and Paulo I would swap for T Rex which we could acquire if we were smart, but we ain't.

I am not sold on POH but I thought Paulo wen't ok as did lasalo who ran some good lines tonight. Having said that none of them have the size to physically bust the line like Williams. I know we are looking at youth but surely we will snag a decent back rower given our crop and were Hindy is at in his career. Would love Hare-graves so strong in defense and attack.

ethan tremblay

Juniors
did anyone think we looked alot sharper because hindy didn't play not trying to disrespect the great man he is and will forever be a legend but it did seem too look more fluent without him.. but in saying that maybe hindy would of been next to sandow to save him from he's shoulder charge debacle which i beleive lost us the game

Avenger

Immortal
I am not sold on POH but I thought Paulo wen't ok as did lasalo who ran some good lines tonight. Having said that none of them have the size to physically bust the line like Williams. I know we are looking at youth but surely we will snag a decent back rower given our crop and were Hindy is at in his career. Would love Hare-graves so strong in defense and attack.

Isn't JWH a prop ?

Ratchy

Juniors

POH is still way too small to make an impact in first grade. Really needs to his the gym hard. The backrow is really a weak point and a major difference between the 2 teams tonight.

Latest posts