What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game thread v Warriors *Spoliers*

scottyeel

Bench
Come on guys - yes the final score was terrible but they didn't run away with in until the last twenty minutes. The effort was there and WE defended ok on our line.

:lol:If that was the best effort they could put in after the last 2 sh*t performances then we really are screwed.

But WE NEVER EVER TRY TO GET A REPEAT SET. Gee we kick to the wing on the last all time, lets try something different. We were never going to out jump the warriors wingers. Apart from not having a half I also put some blame on the coach, surely they work on last tackle options at training, IT JUST DOESN'T LOOK LIKE IT.
put humble in the halves at least he can kick a grubber that doesnt bounce twice and fly over the dead ball line thats more than ive seen mortimer or keating do

Noise

Coach
The effort was there and WE defended ok on our line.

No, the effort was not there! Defence on our line was crap. They scored 6 tries, we scored 1. i dont care if they scored those tries in the final 20 or the first 20, the game goes for 80 min and we gave up - that does not indicate effort!

Inu wright and mortimer to wenty for the season please

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
:lol:If that was the best effort they could put in after the last 2 sh*t performances then we really are screwed.

Would say the best effort, but it was there. We were in game until the last twenty. They had a few sets on our line which we defended you don't do that without some effort

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Would not say the best effort, but it was there. We were in game until the last twenty. They had a few sets on our line which we defended you don't do that without some effort

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
No, the effort was not there! Defence on our line was crap. They scored 6 tries, we scored 1. i dont care if they scored those tries in the final 20 or the first 20, the game goes for 80 min and we gave up - that does not indicate effort!

Inu wright and mortimer to wenty for the season please

Yes true, but we also had two players making there debuts for the eels who were just not fit enough. Also how many of those tries come on our line without kicking and INU's amazing ball security.

I reckon the game was lost becuase of a lack of a half and when Fui and Cayless went of in the first half - we then lost all go forward. In the second half we just defended

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I have been saying it for months now, the spirit/bonds amongst some of the players with management/coaching staff etc was torn apart late pre-season and has gotten worse as the season unfolded, the carnage has now spread through much of the top 25 players. It's not too late to repair the damage and help kick-start a late burst for the top 8 but its going to be a lot tougher than last year. Much of what has happened is due to the consequences of the decision making Hagan era leeching through into the DA & co era and DA & having to change the club around to suit the new standards/plans/goals DA & co have set for this club. It's a catch 22 and we all have to ride "The Storm" until the dust settles, and it will. It is insanity to be even thinking of changing coaches again for next year. DA & co should be given until end of season 2013. There are many roads that lead to Rome, DA & co have taken the one most of us don't like but lets see how Rome looks when DA & co and Eels players arrive in Rome (the Goal/plan/dream set by DA & co).

Avenger

Immortal
I have been saying it for months now, the spirit/bonds amongst some of the players with management/coaching staff etc was torn apart late pre-season and has gotten worse as the season unfolded, the carnage has now spread through much of the top 25 players. It's not too late to repair the damage and help kick-start a late burst for the top 8 but its going to be a lot tougher than last year. Much of what has happened is due to the consequences of the decision making Hagan era leeching through into the DA & co era and DA & having to change the club around to suit the new standards/plans/goals DA & co have set for this club. It's a catch 22 and we all have to ride "The Storm" until the dust settles, and it will. It is insanity to be even thinking of changing coaches again for next year. DA & co should be given until end of season 2013. There are many roads that lead to Rome, DA & co have taken the one most of us don't like but lets see how Rome looks when DA & co and Eels players arrive in Rome (the Goal/plan/dream set by DA & co).

FFS Casper, we will not make the 8.

Djay

Juniors
I read somewhere before that everyone rode off the back of Hayne's brilliance last year and I totally agree with that. He got pretty much this same side to the GF by himself he made these average players like Mortimer,Smith, Robson and Reddy etc look like superstars. I don't think we understand how good Hayne was for us.

That won't be happening this year I can assure you. If it does then I'll be the first one to admit I was wrong.

Avenger

Immortal
I read somewhere before that everyone rode off the back of Hayne's brilliance last year and I totally agree with that. He got pretty much this same side to the GF by himself he made these average players like Mortimer,Smith, Robson and Reddy etc look like superstars. I don't think we understand how good Hayne was for us.

That won't be happening this year I can assure you. If it does then I'll be the first one to admit I was wrong.

Agree. It's like when Andrew Johns made Sean Rudder look like Brett Kenny in 2001.

hindy111

Post Whore
rugby league is about confidence and momentum.
We have neither : )
When so many players are leaing the club its hard to feel part of a group.We are loosing to many and a lot arent resigned its doesnt make for team spirit which wins you games.a good team will beat a great side!

Mickyd39

Juniors
One of the worse things about today's effort was that today's game was Cayless's 250th for the club and not one of them put in for him.

I'm f*cking pi*sed off with our team at the moment, alot of our players need to have a good look at themselves.

i need to go i have a headache.

Parra Guru

Coach
I agree Mickyd39, you can have a team full of superstars which doesn't equal a champion team.... This is what we currently have, but the biggest problem with that is a few of them are playing for themselves (Mateo, Inu, Tahu etc)... Seriously how dis-interested to both Feleti and Inu look at the moment??

Seriously they have a skipper in his last season and a couple of club legends nearing the end of their careers.... if they can't step up for that, they can f**k off, and the sooner the better.

Latest posts