What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game tonight against Tigers

Minh

First Grade
I think the top 3 teams would be playing to win to secure a preliminary final because I don't think any of them would be silly enough to risk playing and eliminator next week by losing on purpose with the teams being all so close in ability there are no walk up wins in this years top 8, it's that close. If we get a second chance we will go in as underdogs next week.

LOLZ its over for the Dragons, go the Cows! go the Knights, cant wait to visit here after one of them win and hear you's all crying - f**k may even go to St George leagues for a lolz!

redvwhite

Juniors
To suggest any team would go into any match with an intent on losing is far beyond the realms of reality. Sometimes do or die situations can bring out the best in a team, we all know that and vice versa if the result is not the end of the line, but this notion comes from a somewhat paranoia of a one-eyed supporter who is focussed on nothing other than the success of one's team.

We know any team can beat any other on any given day. We just have to hope the better teams can execute better than we did and we will be grateful in return for getting another crack. If not, well we aren't the most deserving to be fighting for that trophy in 2011.

Minh

First Grade
You are right if we bow out I can live with that because we don't deserve to win on form anyway, if we play like that again given the chance it's just prolonging the inevitable anyway. It's just a game I've seen us lose many times before in big games nothing new to that.:cool:

Minh

First Grade
LOLZ its over for the Dragons, go the Cows! go the Knights, cant wait to visit here after one of them win and hear you's all crying - f**k may even go to St George leagues for a lolz!

Get over it dude lol, I used to hope that Newcastle would win the GF whenever we weren't in contention against Manly and Parra respectively I marvelled at the skills and committment of Joey, Bedsy and Ben Kennedy playing and winning against the odds. It's guys like you that let your teams down by acting like a two year old with a bag of lollies. Do yourself a favour give yourself an uppercut.

Minh

First Grade
I may have to put you on ignore Minh you seem like way too nicer person to be a Drag's fan!

When you guys get clobbered by Melbourne do you think I'm gonna go into the Knights forums and commence making 14000 posts there about a team that's not my own.:lol:

redvwhite

Juniors
BvM

The best thing to happen to this club in 40 years is the acquisition of Wayne Bennett and you should be extremely excited about him coming to help out your lot. Knights will be contesting well and truly for the premiership in the next 4 years. At least that's what I foresee.

Dragons fans on and off this forum speak of their admiration for Bennett and it is plain as day we wouldn't have won a thing without him. But if we really respect him and his values so much, like I certainly do, why can't we as fans and as human beings take a leaf out of his book when discussing rugby league?! Why do we have to be kicking others when they are down? Wayne Bennett is not looking for excuses this morning as to why we lost the match. We were just not good enough to win. I've been embarrassed reading some of the comments back and forth on this site from Dragons fans.

Minh

First Grade
I may have to put you on ignore Minh you seem like way too nicer person to be a Drag's fan!

I know you just playing it is fun I know, it's all good but when you dish it out you gotta be willing to take it too, good luck to your Knights even though we need them to get clobbered.

Bazzi

First Grade
Anyone else going to find it extremely hard to cheer on the Broncos, Sea Eagles and Storm? Don't know if i'm physically capable of doing so, but i'll try!

Minh

First Grade
BvM

The best thing to happen to this club in 40 years is the acquisition of Wayne Bennett and you should be extremely excited about him coming to help out your lot. Knights will be contesting well and truly for the premiership in the next 4 years. At least that's what I foresee.

Dragons fans on and off this forum speak of their admiration for Bennett and it is plain as day we wouldn't have won a thing without him. But if we really respect him and his values so much, like I certainly do, why can't we as fans and as human beings take a leaf out of his book when discussing rugby league?! Why do we have to be kicking others when they are down? Wayne Bennett is not looking for excuses this morning as to why we lost the match. We were just not good enough to win. I've been embarrassed reading some of the comments back and forth on this site from Dragons fans.

Sorry to the sensible folks I love Wayne Bennett and what he stands for as a human being, a truly great man. A lot of these comments are tongue in cheek we are all passionate supporters and we all love to win. Sport is just another way of channeling aggression in a more civilised way. It can be boring to just be nice and proper all the time.;-)

Minh

First Grade
Anyone else going to find it extremely hard to cheer on the Broncos, Sea Eagles and Storm? Don't know if i'm physically capable of doing so, but i'll try!

We got no choice now do we, sad isn't it. Don't worry the sun still shines tomorrow. :cool:

Bring back choc

Juniors
So, Broncos in Brisbane if 1,2 and 3 all win today and tomorrow.

This may seem a harder game than Warriors in Auckland, but I reckon a better option seeing the winner of Dragons v Broncos will play Manly at ANZ while the winner of Tigers v Warriors face Storm in Melbourne in week 3.

If we can't improve enough to beat Broncos without Thaiday and Hoffman, we don't deserve a chance at the premiership.

The thing I find funny about this McIntyre system is, say if Knights happen to upset Storm....we play Knights after losing week 1, while the team who beat us has the much harder task of facing Storm in week 2. Get through to week 3, and we got Manly in Sydney while Tigers face Broncos in Brisbane.

But if broncos win, and the cowboys win... we play Cowboys in Townsville. This is also a distinct possibility.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Just a thought...I wonder if we would have gone any better if Costigan and Smith were playing for us?

Minh

First Grade
Just a thought...I wonder if we would have gone any better if Costigan and Smith were playing for us?

I think yes, those guys show composure under pressure situations and can pull off a big hit or a big run to inspire their team mates. We have good forwards but they can cave in under pressure.

I know you just playing it is fun I know, it's all good but when you dish it out you gotta be willing to take it too, good luck to your Knights even though we need them to get clobbered.

For sure mate, too me thats half the fun of this place razzing eachother! - U may have to let my tears dry first though if we get a shellacking!

Minh

First Grade
For sure mate, too me thats half the fun of this place razzing eachother! - U may have to let my tears dry first though if we get a shellacking!

Good onya go the Storm, I think I have to vomit now.:sarcasm:

You will have the magic of Bennett next season.:cool:

STG-Dragon

Juniors
sorry guys it may have been a good first half by you guys but the tigers were rubbish. You needed to go in 12-18 up taking shots for goal and drop goals against a team that plays better when they need points is silly imo.

agreed!