What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game tonight against Tigers

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Just a thought...I wonder if we would have gone any better if Costigan and Smith were playing for us?
IMO definately yes.....just for the fact that those guys went up and hit early, rather than wait for the opposition to come to them....really its a different ball game when that happens.....

Minh

First Grade
Can't believe how we kept holding off allowing them to dictate play when they spread the ball, Robert Lui looked likely to bust us up each touch because nobody wanted to smash him, whilst the Tigers were smashing us at every opportunity.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Can't believe how we kept holding off allowing them to dictate play when they spread the ball, Robert Lui looked likely to bust us up each touch because nobody wanted to smash him, whilst the Tigers were smashing us at every opportunity.
Correct ...weve been guilty of holding off for more than 3 months...and its not just the Tigers that smashed us early just about every team we play do it now....and except for Scott we dont do the same......

Minh

First Grade
I have a feeling next year we will be more aggressive in defense a guy like Josh Miller can really inspire us. Is it just me or does anybody else feel that Weyman's best is behind him most likely because of injury just does not make those huge metres he used to anymore, been that way for about a year now. Does anyone think he can come back strong.

to_ddeath

Coach

Dead right. Couldn't believe it. Whatever happened to rushing up on them every once in a while. The try that got them ahead was a direct result of our guys scattered everywhere not holding the line & being too shitscared to get in their faces...

T.

northernsaint

Juniors
I have a feeling next year we will be more aggressive in defense a guy like Josh Miller can really inspire us. Is it just me or does anybody else feel that Weyman's best is behind him most likely because of injury just does not make those huge metres he used to anymore, been that way for about a year now. Does anyone think he can come back strong.

Yes i do agree, been like it from before GF last year. Both him & Prior are soft in attack & defence. Also agree that with Costigan & Smith a lot of our problems would be solved. In saying that, i don`t believe we used Gass with quality ball near enough as he had it all over their centre. Morris needs to pull his finger out as well.

Das Hassler

Bench
On a positive note Moltzen showed he will be good for us in 2012.

He will.... an even better aquisition than Molzen will be Steve Folkes....i think you are custom made for eachother and no sarcasm intended at all ..he put some real starch into a few players that were sadly lacking and into the team as a whole and is responsible for a lot of the progress we've made in the last 2 years ...everyone keeps saying how the Tigers will always come at you hard in the last 15 minutes, well you can't do that unless you have the fitness to go along with the self belief..hell of a loss for the Tiges

Minh

First Grade
He will.... an even better aquisition than Molzen will be Steve Folkes....i think you are custom made for eachother and no sarcasm intended at all ..he put some real starch into a few players that were sadly lacking and into the team as a whole and is responsible for a lot of the progress we've made in the last 2 years ...everyone keeps saying how the Tigers will always come at you hard in the last 15 minutes, well you can't do that unless you have the fitness to go along with the self belief..hell of a loss for the Tiges

Gee thanks I think you make some good points there especially with Folkes and fitness, it's good to see a Manly fan not bag the sh#t out of us for once especially after a loss, I thought you were going to take a swing, lol. Good luck to Manly tonight we need your help.;-)

Minh

First Grade
Yes i do agree, been like it from before GF last year. Both him & Prior are soft in attack & defence. Also agree that with Costigan & Smith a lot of our problems would be solved. In saying that, i don`t believe we used Gass with quality ball near enough as he had it all over their centre. Morris needs to pull his finger out as well.

Can't believe Gaz didn't get more ball too, Utai could not contain him at all.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Can't believe Gaz didn't get more ball too, Utai could not contain him at all.
Thats what puzzles me lately with Bennetts vision or lack of it....was plain to see at home at the ground or in the commentators box that he had Utai shot to pieces, so why didnt the order go out to concentrate our attack on that side.....maybe it did and it wasnt carried out...surely then its up to the captain to execute it.....and its not the first time this year that Gaz hasnt seen enough ball.......i think if my memory serves me correct he had to go looking for the ball I think against Souths......I know we ended up losing that game but when he got his share as well as Cooper we looked a million dollars....

Minh

First Grade
We have a second chance guys I think we can win it this next game, we will be underdogs this time round.

TheRev

Coach
It wasnt like it was Bennett's vision for our players to drop ball and make terrible decisions... we had no structure in the 2nd half to mount any decent attack, left side or right side, Gaz didnt get the ball, neither did anyone else.

We need to hold the ball.

Minh

First Grade
It wasnt like it was Bennett's vision for our players to drop ball and make terrible decisions... we had no structure in the 2nd half to mount any decent attack, left side or right side, Gaz didnt get the ball, neither did anyone else.

I don't know why we suddenly became very kick happy in our attacking zone, Bennett must of saw a weakness there, I think this tactic cost us the game but we are lucky to survive. I hope we have a Plan B and Plan C next week.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

Agree re dropping the ball etc obviously thats not Bennetts fault BUT structure and tactics comes from good vision by coaches passed on to their players at half time....Sheens got it right...sorry but I dont think Wayne did

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
dragons are a pretty good team but

C'MON
WESTS
Good luck next week.

Just a side point, but do you normally cheer for your team as 'Wests'? That is opposed to 'Tigers'. Does anyone cheer out 'Go Wests Tigers'?

IMO, the original Wests and Balmain jerseys are more recognisable than the WT jersey. If last Friday night was anything o go on, the retro jersey sales seem to be going well.

Minh

First Grade
I'm glad we retained the Red V jersey it is really iconic to rugby league, the old Wests and Balmain strips were pretty iconic too.

Go The Mighty Dragons!!!

Minh

First Grade
Donkeys next week come on it is about time we put some hurt on the Broncos in finals footy and eliminate them.