What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game vs Parra

Simon

Juniors
Reading some of these comments is laughable. We're not going to win every game this year - we don't have the players for that.

Positives

Duges and Widdop - playing good football.

Game plan - I think what we're playing this year is better than last and more tailored to the skills of the team. We'll score points this year I think.

Negatives

Kicking game - can't win with a power game without field position and this is a skill where both McCrone and Widdop are inconsistent.

Outside back defence - Jennings and Radradra killed it today and Norman knew it and got them the ball. Aitken needs to learn from today.

Handling - we dropped to much ball today

BrissyRedV

Bench
McGrone needs to go. Aitken could do with some time in reserves to think about his defence as well. Packer has had a shocker as well. A crash back to reality.

Crush

Coach
The players have not executed tonight though I guess the fans will blame the coach for tonight's loss

BrissyRedV

Bench
The players have not executed tonight though I guess the fans will blame the coach for tonight's loss
As much as I dislike Mary, no, you can't blame him for the dropped balls and poor reads on the right in defence. You can't gift a team like Parra as much ball as we did tonight and expect to hold them out. We can however blame him if he maintains McGrone for next week and Aitken for that matter. Both have been shocking.

BankstownDragon

Juniors
With respect of course I'm going to blame the coach for tonight and the last 3 years.
Selections: abysmal week I need week out. Example Lafai Mc Crone Aiken LAM.
Attack: Rubbish for the past 3 to 5 years.
Defence: up 5 Michael and planting your feet, sliding on your own line....basic 101 don't do so.
Need I say more?????

jeffdragon

Bench
We never gave ourselves a chance from the start
Chasing the game all the way
Too much drop ball
I thought we hung on ok considering how many chances we gave them
Any team that drops the ball that much will get beaten
Look at tigers they got smashed

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
When it's all said and done, we were outplayed and from the first moment of play, the bounce of the ball / rub of the green wasn't happening for us.

The one positive was the boys didn't do a 'Tomic' and throw it.

Well played Parra.

Simon

Juniors
As much as I dislike Mary, no, you can't blame him for the dropped balls and poor reads on the right in defence. You can't gift a team like Parra as much ball as we did tonight and expect to hold them out. We can however blame him if he maintains McGrone for next week and Aitken for that matter. Both have been shocking.

You can't drop people off one bad performance. With our halves we don't have a controlling player with a good kicking game which is what we need.

Other players should force their way into the team through performances in reggies or the 20's. Aitken came up against internationals tonight and a lot of players have suffered as a result of Jennings and Radradra.

Like it or not these players were given first crack and should be given a number of games to build combinations. Chopping and churning through players isn't the answer.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
With respect of course I'm going to blame the coach for tonight and the last 3 years.
Selections: abysmal week I need week out. Example Lafai Mc Crone Aiken LAM.
Attack: Rubbish for the past 3 to 5 years.
Defence: up 5 Michael and planting your feet, sliding on your own line....basic 101 don't do so.
Need I say more?????

LAM was one of our better forwards I thought.
But not many of our players played well. Widdop looks good this year but the rest had too many errors which nullified any possible momentum.
And I don't get why we kept going right. Our left was so much more potent but they kept giving it to die with Mccrone.
The true test of a half is to see how they play behind a beaten pack, and tonight showed McCrone isn't 1st grade quality.

dragons77

Juniors
They were to fit and quick for us today. Their line speed was incredible, as soon as we caught ball, they were in our face, no time for anything, yet they did it with ease and made it look so simple. They said backs would be difference, so true. Mary recruited size, but parra showed today how to play us. Aitken, lafai and nigttie, to slow. We need better game plans. Mann and Milne should ve starting. Full credit to Arthur, Mary has to go.

Old Timer

Coach
You can blame the coach for the lack of imagination and persisting with something that is not working.
You can also blame him for the pre conceived use of the interchange.
If you have a back on the bench then he has to be used if you are well behind the pace of the game and on the scoreboard.
Mary pressor after rd 26.
"Well I think you guys are being a it harsh criticising us for finishing last after all we led the comp aft rd 1 and we were terribly unlucky after that game."

kit66

Bench
Parra are a very good side and will put a few sides to the sword but we made it easy for them right from the kick off. Way too many mistakes and again a poor kicking game.
But some of the players really dug in and tried and I think we can regroup and put in a better performance next week. Obviously we need to hold on to the friggin ball though. Milne and McDonald on the right wouldn't hurt either. And tell Lafai to open his eyes maybe.
As Blackduck pointed out - why didn't we go left ? We were guilty of the same thing last year as well.

Last edited:

BrissyRedV

Bench
You can't drop people off one bad performance. With our halves we don't have a controlling player with a good kicking game which is what we need.

Other players should force their way into the team through performances in reggies or the 20's. Aitken came up against internationals tonight and a lot of players have suffered as a result of Jennings and Radradra.

Like it or not these players were given first crack and should be given a number of games to build combinations. Chopping and churning through players isn't the answer.
Of course you can drop them off one bad performance, especially when you have quality in Reggies available and players play as poorly as they did. Milne, Mann and Field are all quality plus the fear that you will be dropped for playing as poorly as both McCrone and Aitken both did should be a message for all players. Trotting out the same garbage as what was happening last season was one of Mary's biggest failings among other things.

hazzbeen

Bench
Of course you can drop them off one bad performance, especially when you have quality in Reggies available and players play as poorly as they did. Milne, Mann and Field are all quality plus the fear that you will be dropped for playing as poorly as both McCrone and Aitken both did should be a message for all players. Trotting out the same garbage as what was happening last season was one of Mary's biggest failings among other things.
Brissy really we are not dropping these guys after one game we have seen enough of them last year . The problem is we dont to see enough of the players you mention , we need speed out there something we really lack ....