What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gameday thread: Eels vs Panthers

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
It's not like the players didn't give up on him did they....

There has been no evidence to say they all did, just lots of rumours/speculations.

There's no doubt DA was ripping through removing his unwanted players so I guess some players, assumption or not, were not happy about mates or themselves being targeted.

Ratchy

Juniors
There has been no evidence to say they all did, just lots of rumours/speculations.

There's no doubt DA was ripping through removing his unwanted players so I guess some players, assumption or not, were not happy about mates or themselves being targeted.

I remember the last game Anderson coached was against the Warriors which was also Cayless's last game. The game the players dished up that night was shit house and showed the character of some to send Cayless out like that. They gave up on Anderson and now seem to be doing the same to Kearney.

The club still has alot of that side running around against Penrith. About time the players be held accountable and shown the door instead of coaches all the time. Has to be something to do with the players if 2 coaches can't get them not to give up so quick.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

And you don't reckon it's happening again?

Parra

Referee
At least for a lot of you the misery of the weekend is over. Some of us will backvup and watch the Waratahs. Tune in if you want to see a side that makes the eels effort seem ok.

salvy71

Juniors
The biggest cheer of the game came across on TV at the 33rd minute when parra made their first offload .....any offloads after that were met with further cheers ...as much as i wanted to slash my wrists ....I couldn't help but laugh ..

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
And you don't reckon it's happening again?

It's obvious it's happening again BUT SK can't coach. Just because he borrowed Bellamy's user manual doesn't mean he instantly becomes a great coach as well. DA is a very good coach, he just has his own privately developed user manual created over the many years of his coaching experience. 3P shunted DA and his user manual. What idiots they are.

Haynzy

First Grade
The only reason you keep harping on and on and on and on and on and on and on about Ando is that you know that he will never be the coach at the Eels. Therefore he will never prove that you are wrong.
Ando had his time and failed. Yes the board treated him poorly but he is gone. Move on.

Satan and his Masonic cronies have nothing to do with our terrible start to the year.

Stop spreading non-sensical theories based on total assumptions and fantastical inventions. You are fooling no one.

The G-Man

Juniors
Your first post and you're a sore loser.

We might've made Penrith look good, but they still took the chances we gave them and their attack was awesome for the 30 or so minutes they gave a f**k.
It was my first Post PouPou, thanks for the warm welcome. Hate losing...yes, Sore Loser NO. Penriths tries came off drop balls, arm tackles or terrible misreads in defence with 3 on 1 and 3 on 2 overlaps. They were alot better than us but to say they were red hot was overplaying their performance.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The biggest cheer of the game came across on TV at the 33rd minute when parra made their first offload .....any offloads after that were met with further cheers ...as much as i wanted to slash my wrists ....I couldn't help but laugh ..

We made 11 offloads to Penrith's 17, with only 43% of the ball.

Offloading or the lack thereof isn't our problem.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's obvious it's happening again BUT SK can't coach.

You couldn't possibly know that after only 18 months at a club.

The things we did right last year are no longer working (just like Anderson's second year). That points to the attitude of the players, which was also good last year.

The players are the only constant through this last decade of sacked coaches.

Just because he borrowed Bellamy's user manual doesn't mean he instantly becomes a great coach as well.

No but it's a very good foundation. The board are obviously still happy with him, and their positions are on the line - they're the ones with the most to lose.

DA is a very good coach

Well mate I thought so too but the fact is he still doesn't have a coaching job, and there have been numerous openings since we sacked him.

he just has his own privately developed user manual created over the many years of his coaching experience. 3P shunted DA and his user manual. What idiots they are.

They had to do something. Because Anderson wasn't the answer.

Maybe they'll bow to fan pressure and sack Kearney too? If they do that they will have lost the other half of the fans. That will be just about everyone and they'll be gone next election if not sooner.

salvy71

Juniors

Most of them were in the last 15 minutes when the game was over . I counted them ...we were at 3 at the 65th minute . It isn't our only problem obviouslt we also look disjointed and clueless as well , but it's one of our main problems in attack .....we do nothing to rattle the opposition defence , no 2nd phase at all . When they did ping the ball around a bit in the last 15 minutes they opened penrith up a little .

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think two crucial plays kind of stuffed us up early on:

(1) When Sandow took the wrong option early in the game when we were dominating possession and took the foot off the pedal, giving Penrith a huge amount of confidence in their defense;

(2) Roberts running the ball on the last down the blind side, ending with Morgan getting tackled with the ball.

Had we scored or forced errors or a drop-out from either of those two sets, 10 minutes or so into the game, things might have turned out better for us.

But I am not blaming them for the loss - IMO it was our pack that let us down massively.

strider

Post Whore

the offload count was 11-1 at one point in hte second half ... us f**king around with the ball after we've had 26 odd pts put on us doesn't really count as quality offloads .... so go find another stat to try and turn into something

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
the offload count was 11-1 at one point in hte second half ... us f**king around with the ball after we've had 26 odd pts put on us doesn't really count as quality offloads .... so go find another stat to try and turn into something

So we made ten offloads in half a game of footy against a side that had taken the foot off the pedal, and only came up with one try?

Obviously our problem is not enough offloads.

Latest posts