What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gameday Thread; team changes, confirmed/rumours, Live Scores, Prematch discussion

parra pete

Referee
Finch is playing out of position. He is a half back NOT a five eight. Pick him at half back next week, and see what he can do. Put Smith on the bench - use him as as back up hooker in place of Riddell - or to give Finch a break..
And I think the Raiders had more dodgy calls than the Eels. But, hey, that's football. Don't get too carried away with the win..That's all I can say about the match.
The team would be no chance against the Storm, Bulldogs, Bronco's, Cowboys or Manly with a similar effort...that's my observation.
But don't be mistaken, I loved the win..and a win is a win...
I will delight in bragging to Dave Furner how the Eels dominated the Raiders pack. :lol:

MrT

Juniors
We haven't had our best team on the park this season either.
Tim Smith was class last night

CrazyEel

Bench
parra pete said:
Finch is playing out of position. He is a half back NOT a five eight. Pick him at half back next week, and see what he can do. Put Smith on the bench - use him as as back up hooker in place of Riddell - or to give Finch a break.
Finch has shown absolutely nothing in any capacity to warrant such a suggestion :crazy:

Kornstar

Coach
CrazyEel said:
Finch has shown absolutely nothing in any capacity to warrant such a suggestion :crazy:

Well apparently Tim hasn't shown anything at all, so Finch MUST play halfback asap :roll:

Y2Eel

First Grade
Pete You have no clue your on the raiders forum rapping One of their forwards saying how good he is and he was absolute crap.. but Timmy was ok and still you want him axed for finch... have you seen Andrew Johns End of last year start of this year? Todd Carney and Dobson are crap and you'd probably pick them ahead of him aswell.. get a clue old man...

CrazyEel

Bench
Kornstar said:
Well apparently Tim hasn't shown anything at all, so Finch MUST play halfback asap
Finch has failed in 6 years of NRL to establish himself as a quality consistent half and I have seen absolutely nothing from him so far this year to warrant him replacing anyone. For all Tim's so called shortcomings he's still contributed a hell of a lot more to the team than Finch.

I was hopeful Finch could remake himself as a running 5/8 but sadly that too seems beyond him to date.

Kornstar

Coach
CrazyEel said:
Finch has failed in 6 years of NRL to establish himself as a quality consistent half and I have seen absolutely nothing from him so far this year to warrant him replacing anyone. For all Tim's so called shortcomings he's still contributed a hell of a lot more to the team than Finch.

I was hopeful Finch could remake himself as a running 5/8 but sadly that too seems beyond him to date.

Finch was made to look good by Fittler, once he retired the real Finch shone through.......i was never happy about his signing and always wanted Blake to be given a shot, after last night it is looking as though signing Finch was a mistake!!!!

Utey

Coach
When has Finch had a rolling forward pack this year? Not once, I'm sure had he played he would have been just as good if not better than Blake Green IMO.

parra pete

Referee
Y2Eel said:
Pete You have no clue your on the raiders forum rapping One of their forwards saying how good he is and he was absolute crap.. but Timmy was ok and still you want him axed for finch... have you seen Andrew Johns End of last year start of this year? Todd Carney and Dobson are crap and you'd probably pick them ahead of him aswell.. get a clue old man...[/quote]

Cheeky young bastard...:lol:

fish eel

Immortal
Y2Eel said:
Pete You have no clue your on the raiders forum rapping One of their forwards saying how good he is and he was absolute crap.. but Timmy was ok and still you want him axed for finch... have you seen Andrew Johns End of last year start of this year? Todd Carney and Dobson are crap and you'd probably pick them ahead of him aswell.. get a clue old man...

I'd take todd carney

Stagger eel

Staff member
Y2Eel said:

Todd Carney Crap??? :?

Y2Eel

First Grade
parra pete said:
Y2Eel said:
Pete You have no clue your on the raiders forum rapping One of their forwards saying how good he is and he was absolute crap.. but Timmy was ok and still you want him axed for finch... have you seen Andrew Johns End of last year start of this year? Todd Carney and Dobson are crap and you'd probably pick them ahead of him aswell.. get a clue old man...[/quote]

Cheeky young bastard...:lol:

sorry I'd ignore most that crap except for the old man jibe.. :lol:

Y2Eel

First Grade
eelavation said:
Todd Carney Crap??? :?

He's passing game is horrible and his long kicking game is terrible..

Raiders fans after last week were starting him at 5/8 for NSW I'd have FINCH infront of him...

caylo

Bench
Y2Eel said:
Just as bad..

This is the thing, timmys kicking game is actually quiet good, as with most NRL halfbacks and 5-8. The thing is your only as good as your foirwards, and we were 1 dimentional, every player in the NRL knew last tackle option is tim smiths ball, so preasure him, and he hasnt been able to handle it. This is why is like blake because he is a very good second option. They should realy use burt alot more, and relieve the preasure off timmy because his lock kicking game is struggling with the preasure form the defence. His short kicking game has always been brilliant though. Last night i can't remember a time he or blake kicked it dead (may be wrong).
Gould takes about it being better to kick the ball to short rather than dead. That is preety much timmys plan when he kicks an attacking kick, or when he does kick it in the ingoal, it usally a high, difficult bouncing ball, like the one benny scored off.
I think if we mixed our plays up as a team, it would help timmys game, becuase he is not capable of being our only point of attack.
This is a big reason why id have Green Smith Marsh all together, because they are all real attacking options. Oh and NEVER let burt kick the ball in an attacking situation again, No idea, serious none.

wittyz chick

Coach
Kornstar said:
You see, this is what really sh*ts me!!!!!! EVERY halfback in EVERY single game played makes bad options eg kicking out on the full, forward pass, however when Timmy does it, 90% of Parra fans bag the absolute tripe out of the poor bloke, i am sick and tired of hearing the moans at the game when he doesn't score off every play or only gets us a repeat set instead of a try...........from now on i am taking my ipod and listening to it during the game so i NO LONGER have to listen to ungrateful Parra fans, i am over them all!!!!!! Last week when most of the crowd booed him when they announced the team made me feel sick!!!!

No halfback is perfect and will make mistakes during the game.......

First of all calm down :lol:

Second of all ... by any chance do you sit near me because you just described the crowd around me on Saturday night :(

Kornstar

Coach
wittyz chick said:
First of all calm down :lol:

Second of all ... by any chance do you sit near me because you just described the crowd around me on Saturday night :(

I sit in Bay 10, oh and i am alot calmer today :D

Stagger eel

Staff member
I noticed that Tim at times was aiming to pierce the fullback and winger and actually succeded, depth was always going to be an issue in the wet so he tried to turn the Raiders around as much as he could. Burty succeded a couple of times.

wittyz chick

Coach
Kornstar said:
I sit in Bay 10, oh and i am alot calmer today :D

Good :lol:

Nuh you don't sit near me but you described most of Bay 65 last night!! [I sit in 64 and I could hear them :(]