What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gameplans and tactics

no name

Coach
Less interchanges are needed.
Guys like Foran will carve up at the back end of halves if they are.

some11

Referee
Thaiday chip and chase was a stand out surprise play this round :lol:

I remember a couple of years ago Palmer Wapau played a game for the Broncos and put up a massive bomb which caught everyone off guard and almost scored from it :lol:

Teams like the Tigers are more prone to throwing it around and trying the risky plays, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't - depends on how good the defence is in front of you.

Jankuloski

Juniors
If you want unconventional plays, try to see Leeds vs St Helens game. Overall, I must say I've enjoyed Super League more than the NRL this season.

Last couple of years I couldn't get enough of NRL and only watched Super League when it was on the TV here..

There is something different this year...

Thaiday chip and chase was a stand out surprise play this round :lol:

I remember a couple of years ago Palmer Wapau played a game for the Broncos and put up a massive bomb which caught everyone off guard and almost scored from it :lol:

Last year Shillington put up a bomb which Dugan? scored from.

Btw, what ever happened to Palmer Wapau?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
cronulla has a simple game plan. pass the ball to gallen, hopefully he will get to gardner at some stage.

end plan

jonno_knights

Juniors
It seems the only way to score against the Dragons is Via a kick. And the Dragons themselves seem to be scoring a lot from kicks this year, along with a lot of clubs. The Panthers came 2nd last year on the back of the leagues best attack built off Walsh's boot.

Its all to much of a lottery, and boring to watch. Its the same as if every try scored was the dummy half crashing over. I prefer (along with most I'd assume) to see some creativity and expansive play on order to score. There are very few teams who do this, but with the improvement in scrambling/sliding defences, this is becoming a difficult way to score, unless you strike from 20+ metres out.

clubs need to find a way to negate the sliding defences. More changes of direction, more inside balls at speed, bring back the big step.

Latest posts