What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Games on TV.

Rich102

Staff member
Trial games and All Stars etc.
If anyone sees them coming up how about posting the channel & time please?

(Martli, can you sticky this please?)

Scott

Bench
My guess is we'll het the AllStars game, Charity Shield and World Club Challenge all live. Thats probably all we'll see.

Scott

Bench
Oh, and some talk about the trial this weekend from the West Coast getting a run on Sky.

LeagueNut

First Grade
There's a replay of last years Four Nations Final at 10am this morning on Sky Sports 3. :)

ozbash

Referee
nrl allstars v indigeridoos saturday 9-30 sky sport 2 (i think it is)
charity shield (bunnies v dragons) 9-00 sky sport 2 sunday

check this as the skywatch guide differs from the guide on tv..

ozbash

Referee
dont forget the mighty Chiefs kick there season off this weekend.. GO YOU GOOD THINGS !!

Last week there was a good game of Super League on, Wigan v St Helens..

Rich102

Staff member
World Club Championship on SS1 8AM Monday.

I can't see any coverage of the Manly trial. (Hopefully someone will give us a report).

JAG

Juniors
To be brutally honest, I can't see any reason that trial games would be on telly.

I was at last week's game, and I'll be at Albany tomorrow, but if I'd had to watch the game against the Bears on telly, I reckon I'd have switched it off by the end of the "2nd quarter". I would think the tv viewing figures for trial games, if they were shown, wouldn't exactly be huge. Trial games aren't normally rivetting viewing and I can see why tv companies don't show them.

Just my 10c. :mrgreen:

Skinner

Coach
To be brutally honest, I can't see any reason that trial games would be on telly.

I was at last week's game, and I'll be at Albany tomorrow, but if I'd had to watch the game against the Bears on telly, I reckon I'd have switched it off by the end of the "2nd quarter". I would think the tv viewing figures for trial games, if they were shown, wouldn't exactly be huge. Trial games aren't normally rivetting viewing and I can see why tv companies don't show them.

Just my 10c. :mrgreen:

Trial games, outside of the Charity Shield, are not televised in NZ or over here. The exception this year, of course, was the Newy Wocks game in Greymouth, and it was only televised due to the charity nature of the game, as was the Legends of Origin.

You're correct, they are generally not great games to watch and the result is always completely meaningless. Folks tend to forget the huge cost involved in televising a match live. For 80 minutes of footy, it takes a big crew, with a huge amount of equipment basically from dawn till dark.

Skinner

Coach
I was only hoping!

Wasn't directed at you Rich :lol:

Every year there are a bunch of noobs come on (not LU, to be fair, but a site that JAG and I know !!) and ask what time the trial games are televised.

They're scratching to get a radio update ffs.

JAG

Juniors
Yeah, sorry from me too, Rich. My original post wasn't intended to have a go at you, I was just thinking out loud. I do that sometimes ...

Last edited: