What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Garden State

Melstar

Juniors
I went and saw this movie on Sunday night and absolutely loved it.

Its a romantic comedy starring Zach Braff (plays JD on Scrubs) and Natalie Portman, amd I beleive was written and directed by Zach.

Zach's character Largeman (cant recall his first name) returns to his old home town for his mothers funeral after not having much contact with the family for 8 or so years. His father who is a psychiatrist has had Largeman on medications since he was younger, but for some reason he decides to stop taking it as he feels that they are making him numb and stopping him from actually feeling emotion. While in his home town he meets Sam (natalie Portman) who is a really quirky girl and quite different to Largeman. They become close and as the story goes on, Largeman starts to grieve for his mother and also express feelings of guilt about not having more contact with them. The ending is a little expected, but its very sweet.

The whole film is quite emotional imo, there were many scenes which i just couldnt help but smile at, and also a couple where I could feel the tears starting to build up lol. I suppose its more of a chick flick, but I'm sure there are plenty of guys who would enjoy it.

Feez_Giggles

Bench
omg i can't wait to go and see this

Zack Braff is sooo cute and funny, he'll be great to watch

He wrote and directed the whole movie, snaps for him!

Melstar

Juniors
You should definitely go and see it, I think it opens tomorrow. Its a very cute movie imo and teh comedic performance takes a back seat to the more emotional side of the characters. I was really impressed with it

Feez_Giggles

Bench
excellent!!! i like Zack Braffs' sense of humour and style of comedy so I have high expectations!

i'll let you know once I've seen it :D

Melstar

Juniors
felix said:
get the soundtrack, its awesome
What is on the soundtrack? The music throughout the movie was gogeous,very laidback and mellow, but they dont always up what was in the film on the cd.

Feez_Giggles

Bench
The track listing for "Garden State" is as follows:

1. "Don't Panic" - Coldplay
2. "Caring is Creepy" - The Shins
3. "In the Waiting Line" - Zero 7
4. "New Slang" - The Shins
5. "I Just Don't Think I'll Get Over You" - Colin Hay
6. "Blue Eyes" - Cary Brothers
7. "Fair" - Remy Zero
8. "One of These Things First" - Nick Drake
9. "Lebanese Blonde" - Thievery Corporation
10. "The Only Living Boy In New York" - Simon & Garfunkel
11. "Such Great Heights" - Iron and Wine
12. "Let Go" - Frou Frou
13. "Winding Road" - Bonnie Somerville

Parki

Bench
Just came back from the cinemas after seeing it tonight..... all i can say is, "wow" I havent sat through a movie which has such a silent intensity about it for a long long time.... I thought it also had a really nice innocent side about it without being overdone

For all those who are thinking about seeing this movie, I highly recommend it

Caged Panther

First Grade
scrubs is already back on channel 7 tuesday's, wednesday's and thursday's 11pm.

Unfortunately the limited release of garden state means I'll probably have to wait until it hit's dvd to see it.

Azkatro

First Grade
Awww when I saw this thread title I thought we were going to start discussing how unbelievably awesome the state of Queensland is.

Melstar

Juniors
SydneySwan said:
Is it a good movie to watch with your mates or with your partner?
I guess probably moreso with your partner, but its not a typical chick flick or anything like that, so you could still see it with friends.

Its a shame that it did only get limited release, as its really quite an intelligent film that, with the right marketing, could have been much more successful as far as ticket sales go.

Latest posts