What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gardner what's doin?

Snoop Shark

First Grade
IMO Gards' downhill slide began in that first game against the bronx at home. Alex Glenn scored and I was thinking "dont do that again gards" and gave gards benefit of the doubt. He has since let the ball roll numerous times with opposition tries resulting.

I personally don't believe Gards should be dropped as he is not contested for his position. Sure Ike can fill in but we all know he will never fill Gards' boots.

I'd like to see little Callum be given a run at fullback if anyone. Let's face it, Callum did keep Gards on the wing when they were playing together in the 20's and his age was the only thing that restricted Callum's selection in first grade.

I was quite surprised when Gards first got selected as fullback in firsts. Sure it was a masterstroke but in all honesty he wasn't setting the world on fire in 20's. Just my opinon

The Popper

Bench
Let's hope this is just a coach's ruse. Leaving Gardner out is insane.........he's the only back we have who can consistently break the line.

carcharias

Immortal
how many points has our attacking weapon piled on lately?

and on the reverse..how is his defence?

Eion

First Grade
If it is attitude off the paddock then that's one of the few reasons I'd cop, because I wouldn't have a clue what goes on behind closed doors.

All I know is, he'd be one my first picks just going on what I see.

Massive call by flanno - one that he may well live or die by.

webShark

6 tries in 3(his 4 bag was round 2 or 3)

7 in 8

Im not a stat man but I remember his 4 tries Vs souths(played great that game against the Grand finalists)

:)
Played great!! selective memory. He was also at fault for a few Souths tries. He was at fault for a howler against the Knights. Like Snoop , I thought he was hardly setting the 20's on fire. Great attack,poor defence. Like the majority of the 20's comp. Given our first grade, he was worth a gamble and it has paid off. I doubted him and he proved me wrong.

It is not hard to confirm to the media why a certain team has been picked. I havent seen any mention of why he isnt playing. I look in the obvious places.

azzah72

Bench
IMO he hasn't been too great recently.

His in goal decisions have made me cringe, and he'll always miss at least one bomb a game that leads to a try.

When he has the ball in hand, he's tough, a great runner and very beneficial to our team but in defence, he has been pretty average recently.

Against the drags and the broncs, I'm pretty sure the reason we initially got pinned on our lines in these games was because of him waiting for balls to go dead instead of picking up and running, I'm certain that's what happend against the drags.

I want him in the team and I absolutely don't deny his toughness but he has let us down a couple of times.

Gordon was a worthy replacement when gards was injured, I though he was unlucky not to still be in the team after gards came back.

We'll wait and see.

Ideally i'd like rather Gordon and gards in the team with stapo and leutele.

As for the other centre, well the jury is out on who the best pick is.

Quigs

Immortal
Look dont believe everything that you read in the papers or hear on the radio.

Just wait till Redders tells us the real story.

feeding frenzy

Juniors
you guys have lost the plot.

The way i look at it is.

Gardz defence at the back is bordering on schoolboy.

Terrible under the high ball

Yes looks likely with the ball in hand but Ike hasnt been giving the same chance to shine.

As for Gardz getting a crack in the halves people will probabaly try and shoot me down here however im not convinced in chad what has he really offered to the team that porter couldnt? a slightly better kicking game thats it.

How many try assist has Chad provided by pass not many I wouldnt think. Throw in line break assist for that matter. To me Townsend is very very similar to Mortimer.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
The way i look at it is.

Gardz defence at the back is bordering on schoolboy.

Terrible under the high ball

Yes looks likely with the ball in hand but Ike hasnt been giving the same chance to shine.

As for Gardz getting a crack in the halves people will probabaly try and shoot me down here however im not convinced in chad what has he really offered to the team that porter couldnt? a slightly better kicking game thats it.

How many try assist has Chad provided by pass not many I wouldnt think. Throw in line break assist for that matter. To me Townsend is very very similar to Mortimer.

I won't shoot u down.

But if you can't see the difference between Chad and Scotty...well I'll leave it at that.

bluey

Bench
If he has been dropped for attitude problems then good on the coach no player is bigger than the team or club.
He is not Lockyer or Joey ffs.

feeding frenzy

Juniors
Chad has gone really well against a half decent side hasnt he?

And dont throw the organizational bit in there as for the past 3 weeks we have looked like an under 8s team I see reggies teams in the newcastle comp play with more structure then what we have dished up in the last few weeks. And at the end of the day its one of the main jobs for the 7 steering the ship.

I hope im completely wrong but from what ive seen so far im not convinced.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Chad has gone really well against a half decent side hasnt he?

And dont throw the organizational bit in there as for the past 3 weeks we have looked like an under 8s team I see reggies teams in the newcastle comp play with more structure then what we have dished up in the last few weeks. And at the end of the day its one of the main jobs for the 7 steering the ship.

I hope im completely wrong but from what ive seen so far im not convinced.

The past 3 weeks we have looked like an under 8's team because all we have done is tackle.

Structure and organisation haven't even been seen in the last 3 weeks. I'd hardly direct the blame to Chad. There are 16 other blokes out there plus a clueless coach.

The truth is Vs the broncs when Chad had limited ball in their 20, he scored and set one up

Latest posts