What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gareth Ellis

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I felt compelled to make note of this bloke having watched a replay of Friday nights games.

Ellis truly has become one of the elite second rowers in our game, and is the complete package. He can do the hard work making easy metres up the middle, run good angles wide on the left edge and is one of the fiercest defenders in the competition. He was savage in that Manly game, and we all recognise how much fun it is to see Jason King getting smashed to oblivion.

My thoughts then turned to just where he sits amongst the best second rowers in the game. Simply through deduction the only result I can come up with is that he is definitely in the top three. Fair to say?

I look forward to him playing a major role in Wests run to the finals.

Ladmate

Bench
I felt compelled to make note of this bloke having watched a replay of Friday nights games.

Ellis truly has become one of the elite second rowers in our game, and is the complete package. He can do the hard work making easy metres up the middle, run good angles wide on the left edge and is one of the fiercest defenders in the competition. He was savage in that Manly game, and we all recognise how much fun it is to see Jason King getting smashed to oblivion.

My thoughts then turned to just where he sits amongst the best second rowers in the game. Simply through deduction the only result I can come up with is that he is definitely in the top three. Fair to say?

I look forward to him playing a major role in Wests run to the finals.

He was recognized as a top 3 second rower last year. This year, he hasn't seen the field as much due to injury. It is great seeing him back into his best form.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Besides on the field, it his legacy of professionalism off the field in setting an example for the young Tiger forwards to follow.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Besides on the field, it his legacy of professionalism off the field in setting an example for the young Tiger forwards to follow.

This is the more noticeable quality he displays, and has prompted my interest in him.

Not having seen much of the Tigers this year, I've been unaware of his injury troubles and how he's coped. But he was such a standout in that one game on Friday that it was a strong reminder of how good he is.

Would captaincy be out of the question for Ellis down the track at the Tigers?

This is the more noticeable quality he displays, and has prompted my interest in him.

Not having seen much of the Tigers this year, I've been unaware of his injury troubles and how he's coped. But he was such a standout in that one game on Friday that it was a strong reminder of how good he is.

Would captaincy be out of the question for Ellis down the track at the Tigers?

Is the leader on and off the field. I would make him captain and let Farah concentrate more on his own game.

typicalfan

Coach
He is like what Ben Kennedy was for the Knights back in the day. Inspirational player that leads by his actions.

Perth Red

Post Whore
shows the talent that is in the UK, I think we diss their comp too much based on Int results when in reality there is plenty of individual quality running around over there.

Didgi

Representative of the sort of talent that clubs should be looking at in England, there's plenty there.

Not sure about the captaincy, given he's stated he wants to return home eventually so the Tigers might not have him for much longer.

Absolute machine, wouldn't trade him for any back rower in the game. It's no coincidence that since he's joined us our pack has gone from our big weakness to one of our strengths.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Gareth Ellis.......Is awesome. Great player and clean as a whistle off the field, cant ask for much more