What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Garry Jack tips his son Kieran to switch from AFL to NRL

Benji Magic

Juniors
Yes a bit of a strange article.

I have no doubt he would be a good Rugby League player but whether he could make it at NRL level is another matter.

He made his choice to play AFL and it seems to be have worked out OK for him so I would rather him stay where he is.

But.......

If ever there was an AFL player that could make a successful switch then this bloke would be it.

Sounds like Daddy still can't accept his son is playing fumbleball.

Agreed.... as a parent you like your kids to be successful at what they do....but Jesus that would be hard to accept..
A success at the softest,gayest,most insular,geniused sport on earth.
Poor old Garry must hang his head & go quiet when having a few drinks with his old team mates,& gets asked about his boys.

El Diablo

Post Whore
poor Garry

got beaten to a pulp by Ian Roberts and now his son plays AFL

could it get much worse?

Raider_69

Post Whore
poor Garry

got beaten to a pulp by Ian Roberts and now his son plays AFL

could it get much worse?

:lol: he's had a tough run hasnt he?

As for his son, i guess we could throw him a 50k NSW cup contract and see if he can cut the mustard at that level. I doubt it though, a guy who plays AFL and is the son of a bloke who got 10 shades of sh*t belted out of him by a nice person (albeit probably the hardest (que jokes)homosexual thats ever lived)... how the f**k is K.Jack going to be tough enough to handle NRL footy? No chance.

Last edited:

Titanic

First Grade
Time to bring out the Kangaroos Tour yarn about Gary Jack a great fullback but as tight as a monkey's arsehole.

All the players were responsible for one night's shout in reverse order of numbering. As Number 1 Jack was last and as luck would have it his turn came at the end of the tour in France. Now you need to understand that he was famous for being tight, parsimonious, moths in the wallet.... so all the team were waiting for him in the hotel bar, debating what were the most expensive cocktails when our hero turns up with his sports bag.

What are you doing? he was asked. He then dumped the bag on a coffee table and opened it... full of all the minibar miniatures he had collected from all the hotels and flights they had been on... a free shout.

nqcowboy87

Bench
I think you guys are missing the real issue here. And that is, the deep psychological pain and trauma of Garry Jack. I can sense the emotional distress buried deep within, the intense heartache of a true rugby league legend, that his son is playing the fairy game.

We should all share Garry's pain. I suggest we all wear lilac paisley armbands to the footy this week as an act of empathy, to show we know what it feels like to carry that burden.

Sounds like Daddy still can't accept his son is playing fumbleball.

thats pretty much the article, poor bloke is still holding out on hope that his on playing afl is just a weird nightmare

rupertpupkin

Juniors
Gary Jack should have been more proactive. Staged an intervention or something. But, it's too damn late now. He won't be finishing his contract until age 26. That's too late in the day to be trying to switch to a position like first grade Halfback, even if he did some of it in juniors. Maybe a shot at winger would work, but he probably doesn't have the pace. All in all, it is a case of wasted youth. Hell, he should have taken up Curling or Badminton, instead. Darts, perhaps. Something one can actually boast about being a champion of... without evoking laughter.

Last edited:

maccattack

Juniors
"It's fair to say if you can cut the mustard in the NRL on a weekly basis you can hold your head high among footballers of all codes given the intensity of our competition."

I like this from David Gallop.

GongPanther

Referee
You've all been had except for the owners of this website who benefit from such articles in which they encourage due to their obvious dealing with the AFL ads you can see in here.

This (story) is more to do with promoting the AFL finals more than where Jack's son is going to be in a few years.

Have a bo-peep and see theres at least one other AFL thread in this league part of the site.

Notably the latest one involving the difference between the two finals systems..how lame can one go just to promote another sport?

Unless I'm mistaken and this is a universal-sports website.

Latest posts