What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gasnier and Ryles - Thanks for the memories

The Chef

Juniors
I agree Ryles does alot of stupid $hlt, but does alot of the hard stuff that no one recognizes (like many forwards). Was really looking forward to see what Ryles is capable under Bennett, but now we'll never know.

Good luck to them both but remember they're leaving amicably, it's possible they may get homesick and come back.

I understand the circumstances why Gaz is leaving, and I think George Mimis has alot to answer for getting Gaz in that situation.

St_Rasso

Juniors
Definitely going to miss both Jason and Mark next season. There is nothing better than watching home grown talent - it is a shame that the end come as soon as it did. Ryles' efforts have been incredible all season. Gasnier too, since reverting back to centre where he belongs has been great and his class will be sorely missed. Once Brown stopped having him take the ball from dummy half, and actually enabled Gaz to receive the ball on the run, his brilliance was able to be displayed and as the video at the end of the Manly game showed, there have been some great moments.

Its sad to see great home-grown talent leave.. including Josh Morris. I hate the salary cap and the way that players keep leaving and moving around. I wish, like the oldern days, we were able to support a group of players for a number of years, rather than supporting a brand with a new looking line up every year. Next year, I will be cheering for players like Boyd, Smith, Weyman etc who I have been booing for years.. I don't like it.

Anyways, wrong thread for that.

Thanks for all the great memories Jason, Mark and Josh! Good luck to Simon, Lagi, Rangi and Kirk also.

Finally, and I hate to say this, to Ben Rogers, I'm expecting that you will have blinders against the Dragons playing for the Knights and we will forever be wondering how last night went so horribly wrong!

Godz Illa

Coach
Two of our most important players for so long... it's gonna be strange not having them around next year. I'll miss em

I didn't see the post-match interview with Gaz, he get emotional did he? How did it go?

DragonLady

Juniors
Thanks to Ryles & Gaz and to all the players.............

IMGP0012s.jpg

IMGP0065s.jpg

IMGP0076s.jpg

IMGP0078s.jpg

IMGP0079s.jpg

OurRedV

Juniors
hey loz did you manage to take any pics of the army this week? and possibly last week?

can you send them to me plz.

The Preacher

First Grade
Thankyou Jason and Gaz, you'll be missed and I suppose the only good part about it is that you wont be playing against us next year, that would hurt.
To all the others leaving, thanks for your efforts, especially Lagi who I've got massive wraps on. The door should be left open to all but Rogers for a return to the fold.

watatank

Coach
Thanks Rylesy and Gaz. It's a shame you're leaving with your best football ahead but nonetheless all the best for the future.

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
Farewell to A pair of Champions

Something tells me it might only be a holiday for Gasnier he will wear the red V again

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
I doubt they'll rejoin the dragons. A few players such as gorrell and barrett did not rejoin...

Gorrell would have been a great resigning for the club at not a cent more than 5c a season. Barrett would have been great coming back too, as long as the sign on meant the club was getting 90c change out of 1 dollar for resigning him.:lol:

boxa777

Coach
Personally its Josh Morris I feel the most sorry for. The kid was in absolute tears after the game. He should not be leaving! He should be side by side with his twin. The boys are going to get better and better and I just hope that they both do not become long time bulldogs.

As for Ryles and Gasnier well.. Both phenomenal players. Ryles I will miss greatly, he copped a hammering, but he played hard, tough and is a massive talent. Gasnier, well to be honest I am sick of him this year. He was a gun but clearly the team is not his priority. Leaving within 24 hours of the game is a c**k act. Lost even more respect for him. Sure he teared up but it was when he mentioned his folks, not the club. Money talks and so do gold digger French Fiances who do not understand what the red V means to people. Au Revoir.

At the end of the day, it is time for the new blood and a new culture. I am ready for the changes..

Latest posts