What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gasnier not quiting...

Prodigiousman

Juniors
Look at the Gasnier thing this way....

it's Round 26... Gasnier took Rd 25 off... the Dragons need a win to make the finals....

No prizes for guessing where Gasnier plays that weekend...

If Thompson's call up was all to do with injuries then why didn't Powell, Howell etc get the call up instead? because Thompson is a marquee kind of player simple as that.

My point is - why handicap yourself in Rd 3 when it could come back to bite you in Rd 26...

Hey don't get me wrong be proud of your boys, but my view remains constant.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Prodigiousman said:

it's Round 26... Gasnier took Rd 25 off... the Dragons need a win to make the finals....

If Thompson's call up was all to do with injuries then why didn't Powell, Howell etc get the call up instead? because Thompson is a marquee kind of player simple as that.

My point is - why handicap yourself in Rd 3 when it could come back to bite you in Rd 26...

Gaz asked for Round 2 off & was granted it. It would be an entirely different situation if he asked for Round 25 off. It'd then be Brown's right to say "no, you're playing this weekend"...

I cannot see the problem arising, but thanks for the concern.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
Prodigiousman said:

Well its not round 26 (we get a bye anyway but thats beside the point). Its a different mental attitude... hardly logical but it is a fact of footy that players lift or die according to circumstance.

The 'if Thompson' thing is about getting the best team on the paddock. Apparently Thompson was cleared and keen. He'd done his time and was ready to play.

Gasnier is not ready just yet... he accepts that he has to stay another week in the reserves. Even Steve Waugh spent some time in Sheffield Shield when it was required.
I predict that Gaz will play a blinder.

Bluebag

Juniors
For those interested this weekend you can see for yourself how Gas goes as well as Firman and the other talented Dragon backline which is full of NRL talent. They will all be at Henson Park in PL against the Jets so enjoy the chance to see your team play, get some autographs and enjoy a cold Beer, BBQ and the friendly surroundings of Henson Park.

4:30pm kickoff

1300 36 36 90 or visit www.newtownjets.com to get there.

Bluebag

Juniors
Yes it is in the Big League, the same as last week with Fields named and our KIWI contigent all fit. Our Hooker is a Former Dragon Flegg Player Adam Bennett.

Latest posts