What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gate Takings?

big boppa eel

Juniors
Hi everyone, not the most exciting of questions though was wandering do away teams receive any percentage of gate takings?, thanks in advance.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Think we do, but from reading on here, we have a very dodgy deal with the stadium trust.

WIll give them this, they were very generous with the Ray Price statue.

Hellsy

Immortal
Think we do, but from reading on here, we have a very dodgy deal with the stadium trust.

WIll give them this, they were very generous with the Ray Price statue.
I don't know if I'd go that far, I think there was a lot of bitching in there... :lol: :lol:

TheRam

Coach
Hi everyone, not the most exciting of questions though was wandering do away teams receive any percentage of gate takings?, thanks in advance.

No I don't think that they do, as for the Pricy statue, they could of at least made it to life size measurements, sheesh how hard is it ffs?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I don't know if I'd go that far, I think there was a lot of bitching in there... :lol: :lol:

Im not to familiar with the situation as it is boring, but didnt the bitching come mainly from Fitzy and the Leagues club because they were expected to pay for half of it and not so much the trust?

Hellsy

Immortal
Exactly. They EXPECTED the club to pay half, without asking or even talking to them. Plus they only offered the statue after THEY decided to re-name the Ray Price lounge and there was fan backlash.
They were not 'very generous' IMO

Tyler Durden

Juniors
the same "generous" trust will now force you to spend $20 for a cold pie, soggy chips and watered down fizzy drink at parra stadium.

Also an interesting note on the generous stadium trust.

For years the supporters club and other bodies have been asking for Hand rails on the steps at Parramatta Stadium. I know when I first joined the SC in 2004 this was a hot issue and they had already written to the stadium trust about their concerns and Alan, who was president of the Stadium Trust at the time had replied, that they would work on it. But after Alan was removed from the Presidency along with half the other trustees, that Idea sat stagnant for 5 years before the stadium trust put in, hand rails. Indeed they had trial hand rails in for a while, maybe 6 months, but when you compare the turn-around time for the Ray Price Statue which while making fans feel good does nothing for their safety at the Stadium vs the time it has taken to put in the hand rails, I can honestly say the stadium trust is about as useful as a hat full of arseholes.