What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gaz's tips

dragondad

First Grade
He would have been the ONLY one to have tipped us to make the 8. That would have stood out as blind loyalty. We just all have to wait to see if there are surprises in store for us. A god start to the season would help.

Twenty10

Juniors
Guys Gaz had the shits with saints and completed his 8 after the nines. He tipped dragons to win the nines. But he was so pissed off with them he couldn't add them. Hopefully people get the message.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
R&W... Im calm buddy.
Meditating at the moment. But thanks for your concern.
I will say it again, Gaz spoke with his brain. That's fine. He is probably right.
That means sh.. to me as an ex player. A player who was brought back from France to complete a premiership. A brilliant centre. Surely he has a little red and white in his blood to at least encourage the masses? Thats all I ask. He is not a forum member, where we vent our passions. Thats our prerogative. Listen to interviews with past players from all clubs. Rarely, do they dismiss their club PRIOR to the season proper. They hold hope, encourage, and promote the brand. Not Gaz this time.
Anyway, back to meditation....
Grasshopper r u there ....

I'm glad he's not like other biased ex players to be honest. Why sugar coat his real thoughts? Give us your honest opinions and analysis.

GT0007

Juniors
It would've seemed complete bias if he tipped saints based on what they dished out even though it was just 9s he would've looked silly

Dragoness

Juniors
and a chin that Price would die for

:lol:This is GOLD!!

Love Sterlo for this reason, he is the only x player that doesn't sugar coat his teams effort!! He speaks the truth, you have to respect that... I'm sure they too don't like what they are seeing .... If it looks like a duck & quacks like a duck.... It's a duck!

Hutty1986

Immortal
Gaz is right on the money with excluding Saints.

They are f**king hopeless he would have looked like a tool if he picked them for the 8. No pundit in his right mind would go near them.

Lol, what an absolute load of horseshit. Top 8 should be the minimum expectation this year with our roster.

Anyone reading anything into the Saints Nines form knows sfa about RL. A nothing gimmick tournament.

Minh

First Grade
Gaz is a pretty talented footy analyst better than most, Sterlo for mine is by far the best of the best. For a guy like Gaz to write us off is a massive concern considering he knows a lot about the club and the coaching staff etc.

hardbaby

Coach
Maybe Gaz is like us. He just uses a larger and more public forum to air his opinion that we are average. Good on him. The way I see it the only hope we have of getting rid of this Board is for the media to start looking at the club and asking serious questions about how we got this way. The Dragons have been largely shielded from media criticism. They almost feel sorry for us.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I also think we will struggle.
Have said that since Price was kept on. As to Gaz looking like a "tool", dont agree.
You dont demean your own team.

He's paid as an analyst, which means calling it straight. Gaz is one of the new breed who doesn't just pat his mates on the back and tip his own team.

I think its very refreshing. Better than Gimps like on The Footy Show.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Maybe Gaz is like us. He just uses a larger and more public forum to air his opinion that we are average. Good on him. The way I see it the only hope we have of getting rid of this Board is for the media to start looking at the club and asking serious questions about how we got this way. The Dragons have been largely shielded from media criticism. They almost feel sorry for us.

I think its like the Tigers after 2005. We got a premiership, so the pressure is off.

And doesnt it f**king show. The club has gone off a cliff.

It is impossible to rebuild it without sweeping change from management all the way down. I want professionals running our club. Not menswear store owners and blokes who ran a hospital 15 years ago.

Personally, I couldnt care less if we got people who have never been near the joint.

We literally need to start again and reinvent the club.

Called this two years ago. The writing was on the wall then. The fact no one ion the boys club will even contemplate that is the exact reason St George are now a joke.

Get ready for frustration. I cherish the hope of the day the club is freed from the grip of these morons. I trust that day is coming due to our financial state and the NRL dictating where we play.

Governance overhaul will be the next step. The Board removed and the St George brand handed over to people who know what the f**k they are doing. That governance structure will include members being involved in the structure of the club.

I cannot wait until Doust is rissoled. I dont care about the Leagues Club. It shouldnt be in any way attached to the fortunes of the football team any more.

Last edited:

64 Dragon

Coach
Ronnie, we all know it won't change anytime soon. The blokes in charge would have to vote themselves out or just step down. The jobs are too cushy for them. There would have to be a revolution. Feel up to it?

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Ronnie, we all know it won't change anytime soon. The blokes in charge would have to vote themselves out or just step down. The jobs are too cushy for them. There would have to be a revolution. Feel up to it?

One great thing about having so many Marxists in our midst like yourself 64, is that we should know a thing or two about revolution!

St George transcends everything outside of my family. Everything.

We have smart, educated people in here. We also have people who talk as if they love a good fight.

You are right. The time has come. I am prepared to make noise and stick my head up. I work and negotiate with every day with business people who are far more intimidating and qualified than the blokes on our board and I absolutely love a scrap. I'd enjoy putting the wind up them if nothing else. Nothing better than taking the piss and making em uncomfortable.

Who else?

Latest posts