What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gaz's tips

possm

Coach
I think we all live in hope that the Dragons are successful this year. In the back of our minds we may feel this is wishful thinnking; esspecially after seeing the dis-organised team we entered in the 9s competition.

Nothing much will change until we have a management cleanout; I have said this on here a few times now. However, the chances of that happening in the near future seems unlikely mainly because there is no real mechanism for this to happen without the support of those who are to be moved on.

I'd like to see a wealthy potential owner come along and make an offer to buy our Club. The offer should be compelling and outline the obvious benefits for this to happen.

I feel it is under circumstances like this that we will see real change and realize the potential of our great Club.

TruSaint

Referee
One great thing about having so many Marxists in our midst like yourself 64, is that we should know a thing or two about revolution!

St George transcends everything outside of my family. Everything.

We have smart, educated people in here. We also have people who talk as if they love a good fight.

You are right. The time has come. I am prepared to make noise and stick my head up. I work and negotiate with every day with business people who are far more intimidating and qualified than the blokes on our board and I absolutely love a scrap. I'd enjoy putting the wind up them if nothing else. Nothing better than taking the piss and making em uncomfortable.

Who else?

Your passion rings loud and clear and there are many questioning Doust and the board.

As I sit on 3 boards (albeit one non-profit), board members are voted on by shareholders, in either a private entity, publicly listed entity, or unlisted public company. Im no corporate lawyer though. Thus some questions...

Who determines the board on a franchise of the NRL? In other words, who has voting rights? Footy club members, as far as I know have no voting rights.

The question beckons, where do you take the "revolt" to? The Leagues club, as you rightly say, is separate to the Football club.

Several members on this forum I assure you have challenged the board, but to no avail. The typical jargon spin comes gushing out.

You will find support here mate, but i believe before going into battle, to know what approach to take, and where to take it. Doust wont give up his cushy 16 year tenure just like that.

Over to you.

love my saints

Juniors
So according to all u so called experts... i may as well just go and bet my house on the cowboys winning the comp... cause they won the 9's... and thats ehat we will base the year on... a 9 a side comp... wake up to yourselfs... and as for gasnier... F#@k him the dog... he waited till J.Moz signed with the gogs then he decided to go to france... wen J.Moz was off contract... gasnier the dog came back on a 5 year contract... won a grand final... and retired... after J.Moz extended his stay at the dogs cause we wer suposed to be having gasnier long term... a greedy dog whos opinion means as much to me as dogs woof!!! He wants to act like a professional now?? A professional honours contracts... gasnier is nothing but a dog.
And as for bagging doust... u all forget who got bennett... late last year and earlier this year u all licked dousts ball bags for signing widdop and thompson etc... now u want to hang him cause of a 9 a side comp??? Hahaha cant help but laugh at the irony.... we will finish top 6... take that as a . And from there... we will shake the comp... 2014- year of the dragons!!!!
Im looking forward to seeing u all change ur tone come semi final time...

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
So according to all u so called experts... i may as well just go and bet my house on the cowboys winning the comp... cause they won the 9's... and thats ehat we will base the year on... a 9 a side comp... wake up to yourselfs... and as for gasnier... F#@k him the dog... he waited till J.Moz signed with the gogs then he decided to go to france... wen J.Moz was off contract... gasnier the dog came back on a 5 year contract... won a grand final... and retired... after J.Moz extended his stay at the dogs cause we wer suposed to be having gasnier long term... a greedy dog whos opinion means as much to me as dogs woof!!! He wants to act like a professional now?? A professional honours contracts... gasnier is nothing but a dog.
And as for bagging doust... u all forget who got bennett... late last year and earlier this year u all licked dousts ball bags for signing widdop and thompson etc... now u want to hang him cause of a 9 a side comp??? Hahaha cant help but laugh at the irony.... we will finish top 6... take that as a . And from there... we will shake the comp... 2014- year of the dragons!!!!

Wait...So you're saying we're fickle because Doust brought us Bennett and now we've turned on him...

So when Gaz scored the first try in the GF were you cheering or were you swearing at him for taking JMOZ's spot on the team?

TruSaint

Referee
Love my Saints...

Mate this thread is more than the result of the 9's.
Its a dialogue on the way the Club is going, and the fact that seasons like last years are not acceptable.
Did Doust make some good calls? Yes.
How do rate his performance though overall? Has this JV delivered to your expectations?
With the resources at our disposal we shouldn't be content with anything less than September footy.
There would be no point raising these issues after round 10, so its aired now.
PS, unless you have a few extra, dont bet your house on the Cows.

TheRev

Coach
o The squad on paper this year could finish anywhere from 5th to the Wooden Spoon... its all up to the coaching staffs ability to whip them into a well-oiled team, playing to potential.. playing intelligently.. there is always hope but if you were a betting man, and with Price's track record, you know the odds arent in Saints favour.

o The 9's was something different.. just a big slap in the face for fans, as others mentioned, the few tries we scored were back to kick lotteries, it presented 2 disappointing realities:

1) Man for Man our 1st graders didnt have the same individual skill as most clubs Feeder Teams
2) We werent able to come up with clever attacking structure even with all that space (but that can be partially blamed on 3 playmakers all sharing the role)

Not the end of the world, but as virtually the only club to send that many 1st graders, and knowing that Price was doing that to build attacking confidence before the NRL season.. then you cant just ignore the 3 performances, im sure the players will be shocked too.

jenninga

First Grade

Bennet fell into our lap.
Another thing,since Doust has been CEO,our recruiting has been appalling.Again apart from who Bennett recruited,when was our last marquee signing,shrewd signing (ok perhaps Soward).We get average players and hope they come good ,they rarely do because our coaches have been ordinary,Farrar,Browny and guess who.
Imagine what a different coach could have got out of our 05 and 06 sides.

Widdop is a very shrew investment sure he's played with the big three as they call them but rightly so he has talent and has a good attitude as well.

Biggest thing at the Dragons is the jobs for the boys manta sure you want to stay loyal to people who have been there and do that for the club but when does it end.

Bennett was out of left field he brought in people he wanted with him and success followed as soon as he leaves its the same old same old Doust really has no vision for on field, off field he does a good job marketing and community work.

If on field results aren't there people lose interest, sponsors lose interest and the Rugby league world wonders what is really going on thats when the rumours start.

Overall the Dragons as an entity do well at maintaininga certain image but sometimes that image is not what it seems.

love my saints

Juniors
Wait...So you're saying we're fickle because Doust brought us Bennett and now we've turned on him...

So when Gaz scored the first try in the GF were you cheering or were you swearing at him for taking JMOZ's spot on the team?

Mate i was cheering... as i was when every other try was scored... as i have since gaz retired and any player has scored... my point is everyone is calling for dousts head... has he made f@#k ups??? Off course he has... but he has tried to fix problems wher possible. And for the record... no im not a fan of dousts... but i understand he is doing all he can to fix the problems.
Remember when greenberg came to the dogs? They made him to be the best thing since sliced bread... and yes.. he made an improvement, but how many GF's did the dogs win under him? And look at the squad they'v had.
What im saying is with the salary cap, and lack of player loyalty these days... its not as easy as you think to win a grand final every year, and teams eventually have to go through rebuilding stages.
For every fan that doesnt rate Kyle stanley for example, ther is a fan that does, board members, coaches, etc etc are the same, players leave clubs, players retire, shit happens, teams rebuild, some get lucky and good players are available when needed, other times no one is available to sign, some years teams cop injuries, some years they dont, but only one team out of 16 can win a comp...
Would i like to see changes made to our board? Hell yes, but i know it aint gunna happen any time soon. And i sure as f@ck wont be writting my team off because of a 9 a side comp. Even the charity shield wont impact how we fare this season. Give the boys a chance before death riding them and writting them off. Thats all im saying

Latest posts