What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GB Lions Tour on sale today + Eden Park schedule confirmed

Springs09

Juniors
Smart dads is what I’d say.

So why haven't you f**ked off to union then?

I'd rather play league in my hometown than play for the Wallabies in a World Cup in Japan. Dogarse merkin of a sport.

If I cared more about business and marketing practices than I did the actual sport then I'd play and watch union.

roughyedspud

Coach
Was talking to George fords grandad not long ago.. if a league club stumped up the cash George would come back to league..

NRLMad

Juniors
How do we lose these players? I wish they’d be able to hang onto them. England’s halves racks have been barren for years

Walter sobchak

First Grade

I'd rather play league in my hometown than play for the Wallabies in a World Cup in Japan. Dogarse merkin of a sport.

If I cared more about business and marketing practices than I did the actual sport then I'd play and watch union.
erm...maybe because I don’t play rugby league professionally???

If I was an elite rugby league player and some union club/country offered me a kings ransom to play union I’d be off before you could say William Webb Ellis marra but if you’d rather play a limited career opportunity sport like league for peanuts then all power to you.

Burns

First Grade
More movement now in the Ticket sales. The lower parts of 404 - 408 all appear to be pretty full after they've come on and off sale in the past few days... 402 is down to limited seats, whilst the lower bays in 409 & 410 are selling towards the back.

307 - 309 in the East are pretty much sold out now, whilst 301 - 303 have now been put on sale. 310 - 312 are moving pretty quickly. 412 and the 500's are the only bays on the North side I haven't seen put on sale at some point.
Bay 304 now on sale

update: 313 is now also on sale. So that’s the entire bottom tier of Eastern grandstand.
The back half of Bays 405 and 410 are off sale now.

Last edited:

taste2taste

Juniors
As league fans we can bitch and moan about penalty goals and time-in-play and fat plodders collapsing scrums all we want.

But it looks petty

Because the indisputable fact is the opposition sport puts on a massive event, well promoted and well attended, throws up good stories, has 8-10 nations that fancy their chances of making the final, has nurtured their minnows into quality teams over decades.

Wtf has Rugby League done internationally other than chase its tail for the last 30 years?
I don't like Rugby Union but the event they've put on is truly excellent and I hope our administrators are paying attention
Yeah agreed, I get a bit envious when I look at their International competition. Oh it could have all been so different if the Southern Union agreed to the Northern Unions rule changes back in 1895 :(

I hope in our life times we see a League WC that's as competitive as Unions. We have 3 teams that can win, Tonga are a halves pairing away of being a 4th and Samoa are a few commitments away from being a 5th ( I believe they are after Haas, Asofa Solomona, SBW and Papalii for 2021 WC )

Just to have a quick dig at Union, I read the ball is only in play for 35 to 45mins a game...If league games were that short we'd have a lot of closer and competitive games at international level.

Hopefully this Saturday Jorge puts on a trademark hit that goes viral...that'll get us some publicity :D

yakstorm

First Grade
Bay 304 now on sale

update: 313 is now also on sale. So that’s the entire bottom tier of Eastern grandstand.
The back half of Bays 405 and 410 are off sale now.

314 is now on sale as well, so they're deciding to open the Southern Stand before the Western Stand which is a bit strange.

Not much left in Platinums and even Golds now which is really encouraging, plus the lower Eastern Grandstand appears to be moving quite quickly...

Burns

First Grade
314 is now on sale as well, so they're deciding to open the Southern Stand before the Western Stand which is a bit strange.

Not much left in Platinums and even Golds now which is really encouraging, plus the lower Eastern Grandstand appears to be moving quite quickly...
315 is on sale now as well!

It’s really weird because the corresponding seats in Bays 413-414 are the ‘Fun Zone’ and are $30 cheaper. Bays 314-315 are classed as Premium seats?

yakstorm

First Grade
They're actually Silver Seats, so Adults are the same price as those in 413 / 414.

Still some strange decisions, that said I'm just happy that the ground is finally getting opened up and that tickets appear to be getting sold.

Jim from Oz

Juniors
So any estimate of how many tickets sold?

And for any of our Kiwi correspondents has there been much promotion and advertising for the triple header in Auckland this week?

Thanks

morningstar

Juniors
So any estimate of how many tickets sold?

And for any of our Kiwi correspondents has there been much promotion and advertising for the triple header in Auckland this week?

Thanks

They had a fan day in South Auckland this evening. Preaching to the converted there. Would have been better in Aotea Square in the City, but seems like they got a good turnout....

Last edited:

yakstorm

First Grade
We'd have to be on track for 20K+ plus now.

Western Grandstand now open with Bays 334 - 337 on sale as both Green and Bronze seats.

Sections 201 - 206 won't go on sale in the west, Duco is using this area for Players, Officials and their Families, like they did for the Auckland Nines.

Unfortunately it will be the smallest crowd for a Rugby League Test at Eden Park still, with the previous crowds being 35,399 (2012), 44,324 (2010) and 47,368 (1988).

Burns

First Grade
We'd have to be on track for 20K+ plus now.

Western Grandstand now open with Bays 334 - 337 on sale as both Green and Bronze seats.

Sections 201 - 206 won't go on sale in the west, Duco is using this area for Players, Officials and their Families, like they did for the Auckland Nines.

Unfortunately it will be the smallest crowd for a Rugby League Test at Eden Park still, with the previous crowds being 35,399 (2012), 44,324 (2010) and 47,368 (1988).
I wonder what lessons they will take out it? The only huge blunder they made was scheduling the same day as the Rugby Union World Cup Final. The Tongan fiasco was out of their control and seems to have had an equally large influence on ticket sales.

Matua

Bench

Man I'm glad I grew up in an area where I could play and be a fan of both sports. I'd hate to have your bitterness.

Jim from Oz

Juniors
I wonder what lessons they will take out it? The only huge blunder they made was scheduling the same day as the Rugby Union World Cup Final. The Tongan fiasco was out of their control and seems to have had an equally large influence on ticket sales.
Lessons?

RL administrators don't do lessons ! :)

Springs09

Juniors

The first and biggest blunder were the games themselves with pretty much no prestige and no hype about any of them. The only hype for any of it all year has come with Tonga beating GB.