What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GBR - Cunningham out of Tri - Nations

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Its harsh to say he's not bothered, but he had a decision to make.

Either he plays for GB and puts his heart into it and ends up with another severe injury that could end his career.

OR he has the necessary operation now and continues to be able to earn a living playing for Saints.

The injury he suffered against NZ was one of the worst injuries I have ever seen a player suffer. It could easily have finished his career, and it certainly seems that we will never see him get back to the form he was once in.

At his best a couple of years ago he was untouchable as the world's greatest hooker. Now the injuries he has suffered have taken their toll and I think he will end up retiring shy of 30. Its a shame for the lad more than anything, he will NOT be enjoying the fact that he can't play for GB.

He has no heart.
He is gutless.
He doesnt give a stuff about the game.
He is a waste of money.
He is unfit.
he isnt even the best hooker at his club.

GB Lion

Juniors
yes i was harsh fairleigh good on him saying he wasnt bothered but it will benefit saints next season as wellens didnt play last year and regained full fitness.

Still i aint bothered, cos Terry Newton will play No 9 and then we will see a great hooker in action. 8)

nickdraperfto

Juniors
I kind of agree saints will benefit from his surgery but if the guy needs this then so be it!

I disagree with your other comments though, he is the best on his day. When saints play well rest assured cunningham is the driving force. His problem is his playing style ensures he is injury prone as will be the case with fielden within a couple of years. PLaying careers are going to be shorter than ever for these physical players.

Cunningham, if fit is untouchable! He was early in the year. He is a better player than Newton who is good but not world class. Before you ask, i am in fact a Wigan Fan.

Nick