What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gee how good are the Central Coast Juniors

Jimbo

Immortal
DIEHARD said:
I believe Cronulla have that illustrious junior base locked down.

Along with the Cronulla-Sutherland juniors and Newtown PL, of course.

Our net is much larger than you would like to think...

doctor death

Juniors
Jimbo said:
DIEHARD said:

Cliffy,

Cronulla and Manly have a similar history. Bankrupt but bailed out by the ARL and NRL respectively.

Bears beat Wests in premier league yesterday. We don't have Lachlan or Sarah or Arko keeping us on life support. We don't have many friends in the media and certainly no friends at the NRL. But we're still alive and in there fighting. At least we have our self-respect. That's one thing Manly can never get from News Limited.

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
doctor death said:
Jimbo said:
DIEHARD said:

Cliffy,

Cronulla and Manly have a similar history. Bankrupt but bailed out by the ARL and NRL respectively.

Bears beat Wests in premier league yesterday. We don't have Lachlan or Sarah or Arko keeping us on life support. We don't have many friends in the media and certainly no friends at the NRL. But we're still alive and in there fighting. At least we have our self-respect. That's one thing Manly can never get from News Limited.
Slander again from Mike G

Manly were never bankrupt

Norths have to have self-respect they got f**k all else
no cash
no nrl side
no premierships in 80 odd years

actually they have nothing not even self respect

Come on Mike tell us who you really are or are you scared of what Flo and Singo will say when they find out you post on a rebel website.

Im sure the bears member would love to know what one of their elected board members are up to.

Come on mike show us a pic

mightybears

Bench
still at it cliffy
if you think you know who death is, post it, let everyone in on your 'belief'
cut the mike g crap

and secondly, cliffy sorry cameron
your teams going well for the first time since 98 and all you can do is post threads about norths and the central coast, have a look at yourself
STILL THE MANLY FAN WITH THE NORTHS PATHOLOGY

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
mightybears said:
still at it cliffy
cut the mike g crap

your teams going well for the first time since 98 and all you can do is post threads about norths and the central coast, have a look at yourself
i dont apoligise for that for one second

you low merkins tryed ever dirty trick in the book to kill us in 2002

but where still here

were equal NRL leaders

but tell me

where are you f**kers

I think its called Melbournes 3rd grade side we all know Norths in brisbane are their reserve grade team.

mightybears

Bench
Sir Clifford GC said:
mightybears said:
still at it cliffy
cut the mike g crap

i dont apoligise for that for one second

but where still here
were equal NRL leaders

but tell me
where are you f***
I think its called Melbournes 3rd grade side we all know Norths in brisbane are their reserve grade team.

A NAME CLIFFY....mike g who?
i forgot, your talking thru your arse, again

and we tried to kill you in 02?, even dumber than your fantasy about barterclub points for sponsorship in 99

mike g who?
mike g who?

weasel

First Grade
I'd just like to note that Burleigh is on top of all three grades in QLD. Plenty of talent on the Gold Coast.

Big-Steve

Juniors
Sir Clifford GC said:

This is what the argument always comes down to.

The reality of the situation was that the NRL had only one licence on offer and two teams wanted it.

Why did you expect Norths to give up fighting for an NRL spot anymore than Manly :?:

It was the lincence Norths were after not the loss of Manly from the NRL.

woodgers

Bench
Back on topic, surely people know that there has been quality to come out of the Central Coast. A Rugby League player up there is like a talented AFL or Soccer player here in the ACT, if they want a career they have to move elsewhere. While they have no side they can't stick around waiting to see if they get in the NRL in a few years.

Off the top of my head, I think these CC juniors are worth noting: Matt Orford, Ryan O'Hara, David Fairleigh. These are the recent ones that I recall.

Is O'Meley from there too?

I am not either way on the CC vs GC thing at this stage just stating that there have been some very good players from that region and that won't stop anytime soon.

Mark omeley, matt orford, ryan ohara, glenn morrison, michael sullivan are just a few local coast players. all the talented juniors are at newcastle and the roosters. i worked at cc stadium and know first hand that the place was run by sea eagle scum. Manly- just a bunch of f**kwits.

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
centralcoastbrad said:
Mark omeley, matt orford, ryan ohara, glenn morrison, michael sullivan are just a few local coast players. all the talented juniors are at newcastle and the roosters. i worked at cc stadium and know first hand that the place was run by sea eagle scum. Manly- just a bunch of f***wits.
a bunch of f**kwits
at the top of the NRL ladder with brisbane canberra and sharks

where are the bears ??????????????????????????? :lol: :lol:

doctor death

Juniors
Sir Clifford GC said:
centralcoastbrad said:
Mark omeley, matt orford, ryan ohara, glenn morrison, michael sullivan are just a few local coast players. all the talented juniors are at newcastle and the roosters. i worked at cc stadium and know first hand that the place was run by sea eagle scum. Manly- just a bunch of f***wits.
a bunch of f***wits
at the top of the NRL ladder with brisbane canberra and sharks

where are the bears ??????????????????????????? :lol: :lol:

Cliff, you idiot.

If Manly weren't broke and were going to sail through the criteria, why did they form a "JV" with the Bears, go to Gosford and change their name etc?

Yes, you're a proud club. :lol: :lol:

If you drop 20 cents in Campelltown, you can see the Manly ears pricking up at Brookvale.

doctor death

Juniors
DIEHARD said:
weasel said:
I'd just like to note that Burleigh is on top of all three grades in QLD. Plenty of talent on the Gold Coast.

8)

THE BIG QUESTION

Now that Singo is on the case, the NRL will be forced to either (1) genuinely compare both bids (GC will fail) or (2) not move to 16 teams.

Does this mean the funding for the GC stadium will fall over?

Hindyscrack

Bench
Does this mean the funding for the GC stadium will fall over?

Funding is dependant on the Gold Coast being admitted to the NRL, so they dont end up with a stadium and no team (like cc).

You say that the GC bid is a farce, the fact that they have many backers willing to support the team (multi nationals heiniken, adidas are latest to be interested), whilst the whole CC bid is dependant on one person. What happens when he is sick of wasting his money? Wheres your funds then?

Big-Steve

Juniors
Hindyscrack said:
Funding is dependant on the Gold Coast being admitted to the NRL, so they don’t end up with a stadium and no team (like cc).

The Bears DO have a stadium and it IS a legitimate question why A club which does not exist and does not have a stadium is being considered over a Club that has existed since 1908 and has a purpose built RL stadium with "GO BEARS" on seating and was built at the gest of the NRL it's self :?:

You say that the GC bid is a farce, the fact that they have many backers willing to support the team (multi nationals heiniken, adidas are latest to be interested), whilst the whole CC bid is dependant on one person. What happens when he is sick of wasting his money? Wheres your funds then?

It's NEVER been the story that Singo is the only backer. He is guaranteeing any loss. Many Central Coast AND North Shore companies are willing and ready to fund a Central Coast Bears, Harvey Norman being one of them and many more prestigious companies have been lined up via Singo's advertising firm.

Singo has made his pledge, it is in writing. It does not matter wether he is "sick of wasting his money".

Latest posts