What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

betcats

Referee
Wow, I have read yours, and Dave's mate, posts for years, and I can not recall any offensive posts. I must be careful.

You can pretty much be as offensive as you like as long it’s not some kind of bigotry. My bans have been after complaining about having a comment removed or edited by a mod and those comments were always talking about the potential guilt of players who had been charged with something, nothing to offensive was said in them. Anyway you kind of have to really push it to get banned, there are warnings etc

soc123_au

Staff member
2 years! You must’ve really pissed someone off. I’ve had a couple 3 month bans.

What thread did Dave’s mate get in trouble in?
The Jack De Bellin thread. I can imagine you'll work out the jist of it.

Mine was part of a mass banning. It started off with Dutchy getting banned due to a misunderstanding about the term "hate f**k" the mod thought it meant rape. A few of us piled on in his defence & I ended up getting 3 months. Then I rejoined under an alias & made a downfall video based on what happened & posted it. It didnt go down so well.

Jane Murray

Bench
You can pretty much be as offensive as you like as long it’s not some kind of bigotry. My bans have been after complaining about having a comment removed or edited by a mod and those comments were always talking about the potential guilt of players who had been charged with something, nothing to offensive was said in them. Anyway you kind of have to really push it to get banned, there are warnings etc
I am confused. Stupid here posted a status, twice. I asked a mod if there was anyway that I, or they, can delete and I was told they couldn't. I may have misunderstood.

The_Frog

First Grade
This has been my experience too. Player misdemeanour threads are excellent places to get banned.

soc123_au

Staff member
I had one deleted in the JDB thread the other day that was very mild. They are pretty liberal with what you can post for the most part, but some areas the line is very thin.

Kilkenny

Coach
There is a ‘fine’ line and it is somewhat ironic some of our more frequent posters are getting stints on the sidelines when we are having a good period on the field when it is nice to have as many posters and posts as possible. Much less painful to get a ‘ban’ when the team is not going so well.

soc123_au

Staff member
There is a ‘fine’ line and it is somewhat ironic some of our more frequent posters are getting stints on the sidelines when we are having a good period on the field when it is nice to have as many posters and posts as possible. Much less painful to get a ‘ban’ when the team is not going so well.
Ha ha. Yeah, my ban was pretty much from when the wheels fell off in 2015 until just before the semis in 16. So probably the best period to have been banned in the last few years.

Kilkenny

Coach
Ha ha. Yeah, my ban was pretty much from when the wheels fell off in 2015 until just before the semis in 16. So probably the best period to have been banned in the last few years.

I know it can’t happen but it would be interesting to read post’s worthy of suspensions from forums such as these?

I have never incurred any ban or warning (blowing my own trumpet here I guess) on League Unlimited but have on the Red Cafe which is a forum for Manchester United fans worldwide. I thought what I posted was rather innocuous but was deemed to be worthy of a three month exclusion. At the time the reds were going rather poorly under Jose Mourinho so it was a good thing at the time.

A friend of mine who used to frequently post on League Unlimited got excluded for a post about a matter involving a player before the Courts. He was suspended for 12 months and sadly has not returned to the forums since, which is sad, because he was very knowledgeable and for the most part always posted balanced and informed comments.

Latest posts