What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Blade23

Juniors
I have not heard one person say bad things about Mansour. Other than the fact his time has come.

Assuming the trial sides are going to be the round 1 sides ( which they usually are at this stage) then as I predicted Mansour doesn't start for Souths.

Exactly where a few of us have been saying he should be at this stage of his career. No disrespect just reality

I don't have direct Souths intel but I have heard he is training on the right outside Gagai. A side he has barely played.
Round 1 backline most likely will be (barring injuries)
Latrell
AJ
Graham
Gagai
Mansour
Most likely a back on the bench till Latrell gets his fitness up.
I was told Bennett wanted a big metre eating winger to start the sets off. To help their middle forwards out. That is why he wanted Mansour.

franklin2323

Immortal
I don't have direct Souths intel but I have heard he is training on the right outside Gagai. A side he has barely played.
Round 1 backline most likely will be (barring injuries)
Latrell
AJ
Graham
Gagai
Mansour
Most likely a back on the bench till Latrell gets his fitness up.
I was told Bennett wanted a big metre eating winger to start the sets off. To help their middle forwards out. That is why he wanted Mansour.

That being the case. Then why not start him this week. So he gets more time in a new position

Original Name

Juniors
I don't understand who some people think would start over Mansour. Jaxon Paulo? It seems like a clear cut decision for Mansour to start by default looking at the balance of their backline and Souths' depth.

Last edited:

panthersam

Juniors
I don't understand who some people think would start over Mansour. Jaxon Paulo? It seems like a clear cut decision for Mansour to start by default looking at the balance of their backline and Souths' depth.

Mansour isn’t named to start at this stage in tonight’s Charity Shield so it must not be too clear cut as the rest of the team is named as per full strength.

martielang

Bench

Because it doesn’t fit their narrative that Mansours good enough to start in another top 4 team...

franklin2323

Immortal

Paulo looks good but still no Braidon Burns.

What looks a full strength side. He is named on the bench

MugaB

Coach
Not at all. What hurt him was being only a winger. If he was able to be moved to centre or backrow there wouldn't be an issue.

It is a limited skillset he has which we don't need
Ive been saying that all year long, and we do need it, we just don't need so much of it, and not at that cost
Mansour not starting at souths probably more to do with not ruffling the souths team in terms of ascendancy, especially since there are other backs who've been there way before him

franklin2323

Immortal
Ive been saying that all year long, and we do need it, we just don't need so much of it, and not at that cost
Mansour not starting at souths probably more to do with not ruffling the souths team in terms of ascendancy, especially since there are other backs who've been there way before him

Staines and May add speed. So rounds out the squad well