What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

For all the amazing results it must be remembered Ivan is only here because of Nathan.....it's so lucky it's all worked out. No way he gets brought back a second time if that wasn't the case.

soc123_au

Staff member
For all the amazing results it must be remembered Ivan is only here because of Nathan.....it's so lucky it's all worked out. No way he gets brought back a second time if that wasn't the case.
Can't argue with that. He was pretty hard done by getting marched in the first place though. I have my doubts that we would be where we are now if he had still been here the whole time though. Not that I rate Hook, but a whole lot of pieces moved because of that one decision.

All's well that ends well.

Can't argue with that. He was pretty hard done by getting marched in the first place though. I have my doubts that we would be where we are now if he had still been here the whole time though. Not that I rate Hook, but a whole lot of pieces moved because of that one decision.

All's well that ends well.
Yeah we were kissed on the dick with how it all turned out. I'm not saying Ivan can't coach either

Munky

Coach
My completely unfounded theory is that Ivan was given his marching orders in 2015 since Nathan was in the system and they didn't want nepo bias impacting team selections.

Nathan circa 2018 turned out to be a rep level half and the club had to act (since rep halfbacks are hard to find). Go to the Tigers forum and they were all convinced Nathan would be with them in the early 2020s.

The f**king over the Tigers will always be iffy to me, but I like being a back to back fan too much to give it any more thought

Fangs

Coach
Ivan volunteered part of his salary back to the Tigers from memory. So he tried to do some right by the Tigers.

Ancient history now but he shaped their roster, signing guys like Brooks and Mybe on good coin. Walking out when he did hurt them and we gained plenty in return.

Still no sympathy as they have been full of excuses for years now. The Brooks debacle just typifies the Tigers. I still can't believe he is still on their roster and they are about to offer him a new deal.

Iamback

Coach
Ivan volunteered part of his salary back to the Tigers from memory. So he tried to do some right by the Tigers.

Ancient history now but he shaped their roster, signing guys like Brooks and Mybe on good coin. Walking out when he did hurt them and we gained plenty in return.

Still no sympathy as they have been full of excuses for years now. The Brooks debacle just typifies the Tigers. I still can't believe he is still on their roster and they are about to offer him a new deal.

Nice guys finish last especially in sport.

We did what we thought would make us better, I have no issue with it

Just one thing, the Tigers signed Brooks to his most recent deal in December 2018.

Fangs

Coach
I'm enjoying what the Raiders are doing this year.

Wighton is going however the team are really playing for each other. Its the one thing Ricky Stuart gets right. He can really get momentum into a team. The decision to rest Croker for 300 in Canberra is a good move. Wighton/Papalli retiring from rep football has them much stronger during rep season.

I had them in the 8 this year, but they have a good enough pack to make the top 4. Well placed at this point except their differential but they have time to fix it. I don't see them winning a comp however. Their spine don't always get it done, they are probably one player short in that area.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
All the byes this year make hard to work out who is really leading the competition.
The Broncos are 3rd on the ladder but have won 2 more games than anybody else.
Meanwhile the Cowboys are 16th but have won as many or more games than 7 other teams.
We need that 18th ASAP.

Michael Matral

Juniors
With 2 byes each the table looks like this

1. Broncos
2. Rabbitohs
3. Panthers
4. Sharks
5. Storm
6. Eels
7. Dolphins
8. Raiders
9. Warriors
10. Sea Eagles
11. Knights
12. Titans
13. Roosters
14. Dogs
15. Cowboys
16. Tigers
17. Dragons

With 2 byes each the table looks like this

1. Broncos
2. Rabbitohs
3. Panthers
4. Sharks
5. Storm
6. Eels
7. Dolphins
8. Raiders
9. Warriors
10. Sea Eagles
11. Knights
12. Titans
13. Roosters
14. Dogs
15. Cowboys
16. Tigers
17. Dragons
Are you just adding on the points for the byes without reflecting the extra rounds taken to get to that point? As an example, to get to a point where the Rabbits two byes take them above the Panthers we need to lose both our games in hand (starting with this week vs Saints).

It is a bit of a distortion to have people having byes at different times but that distortion is less keenly felt at the top of the table (where any given week you are expected to win) but more keenly felt at the lower end.

Latest posts