What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

soc123_au

Staff member
Did he touch your sons penis?

If he did and it was unwanted sexual touching that could certainly constitute an Act of Indecency or Indecent Assault. Not a sexual assault which involves something more serious in respect of an attempt or actual penetration of the vagina or anus etc.

If the man at the urinal was only making comment whilst doing something untoward with his own penis well you may be looking at a harassment or offensive behaviour or indecent exposure scenario but there is no sexual assault.

You need to either have an understanding of criminal law or at the very least google what constitutes sexual assault under our statutes.
Yes, he grabbed his Penis. Funnily enough my Son is 4th year law at UNSW. I didn't probe further into the finer points of it all, but if I'm recalling correctly as he was digesting what had happened I recall a comment along the lines of "I can't believe that merkin sexually assaulted me" admittedly he wasn't in his best frame of mind so I'm happy enough to concede that sexual assault may not be the correct formal charge if it were to proceed in the direction of criminal charges.

Call it whatever you like, what Soni did was a disgusting act. I have no doubt that it wasn't done for any sexual gratification on Soni's part, it was either a stupid wind up or an attempt to put a player off their game. If someone attempted to tickle my arsehole even through a pair of shorts I wouldn't care what the reason was, I would feel violated either way. If Dyl Bro was gay would it have been ok for him to grope that woman?

Kilkenny

Coach
The sad thing around the whole debate, is we have seen how challenging it is to convict persons for offences against women, really serious offences where a victim is prepared to make a statement, go to court, give her evidence, but come up against high priced silks the best barristers money can buy who can put a little doubt in the mind of a jury and secure a not guilty verdict. Plenty of the scenarios involving high profile NRL players in recent times. Involving real allegations of sexual assault.

We are now convicting one of our players in the court of public opinion for a sexual assault when there was no sexual assault, no indecent assault, no crime. Go figure.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yes, he grabbed his Penis. Funnily enough my Son is 4th year law at UNSW. I didn't probe further into the finer points of it all, but if I'm recalling correctly as he was digesting what had happened I recall a comment along the lines of "I can't believe that merkin sexually assaulted me" admittedly he wasn't in his best frame of mind so I'm happy enough to concede that sexual assault may not be the correct formal charge if it were to proceed in the direction of criminal charges.

Call it whatever you like, what Soni did was a disgusting act. I have no doubt that it wasn't done for any sexual gratification on Soni's part, it was either a stupid wind up or an attempt to put a player off their game. If someone attempted to tickle my arsehole even through a pair of shorts I wouldn't care what the reason was, I would feel violated either way. If Dyl Bro was gay would it have been ok for him to grope that woman?
You seem to be moving the goalposts mate.

If someone grabs your dick and you didn’t consent to it yes the other party has committed a crime. An Indecent Assault.

Get your facts straight thou don’t call someone out for a crime that was never committed. Soni Luke didn’t attempt to commit a crime nor did he commit a crime, however much you find his conduct unsavoury.

soc123_au

Staff member
The issuing of a notice of potential unsavoury conduct was appropriate given the circumstances Or evidence Or whatever you want to call it.

You want so see him outed for weeks, months that’s fine cancel the kid, but get your facts straight before insinuating he committed a crime. He didn’t commit a crime , pure and simple.
Who's trying to cancel anything? This has nothing to do with political correctness or being woke.

Kilkenny

Coach
Who's trying to cancel anything? This has nothing to do with political correctness or being woke.
We can end this by not suggesting Soni Luke may have committed a sexual assault.

Im happy to accomodate the views of yourself and others that his actions were unbecoming. I won’t weigh in there.

age.s

First Grade
Sexual assault is going way too far, but jamming your fingers in someone's ass isn't an action that has any place on prime time national television. Shit like this should be heavily disincentivised and I say that as one who has an opinion of Soni thats closer to Luke's than it is Chins.

Kilkenny

Coach
Honestly mate, I wouldn’t have got my back up on this situation, if it there were not suggestions Soni Luke committed a crime or sexual assault.

If there was a semblance of common sense, people calling him out for being dumb, stupid, or whatever I wouldn’t have batted an eyelid. You could have inferred the MRC could have given him a couple of weeks rest no problems.

I just can’t read and accept this notion or suggestion what he did was criminal.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I don't like what Luke did either, I thought it was disgusting. Was it an accident? I have no idea.

Luke though needs to keep his fingers to himself, why but does it need to overtake everything in 2 threads.

Luke has recieved a notification from the NRL, if they could prove anything more. Luke would have been charged.

I believe though at the moment this discussion about this is going round and round in circles.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Jane, there is criminal complaint as a starting point. So no victim.

You are insinuating Soni Luke committed a criminal act do you realise the seriousness of making such allegations.

Even if J’Maine Hopgood went to the Police and made a statement of complaint at the very worst the investigation would be in respect to an indecent assault which basically is unwanted touching of a sexual connotation.

It is so ridiculous it is beyond a joke.
He did the same to Garrick

Did he touch your sons penis?

If he did and it was unwanted sexual touching that could certainly constitute an Act of Indecency or Indecent Assault. Not a sexual assault which involves something more serious in respect of an attempt or actual penetration of the vagina or anus etc.

If the man at the urinal was only making comment whilst doing something untoward with his own penis well you may be looking at a harassment or offensive behaviour or indecent exposure scenario but there is no sexual assault.

You need to either have an understanding of criminal law or at the very least google what constitutes sexual assault under our statutes.
Here's the true definition. You're wrong.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I don't like what Luke did either, I thought it was disgusting. Was it an accident? I have no idea.

Luke though needs to keep his fingers to himself, why but does it need to overtake everything in 2 threads.

Luke has recieved a notification from the NRL, if they could prove anything more. Luke would have been charged.

I believe though at the moment this discussion about this is going round and round in circles.
He's done it twice now it wasn't an accident. He's a scummy little f**k

Munky

Coach
I'd say the last few days have been pretty shit for our season.

But then Soni might go poking around for it.

Massive grub on first look.

soc123_au

Staff member
Honestly mate, I wouldn’t have got my back up on this situation, if it there were not suggestions Soni Luke committed a crime or sexual assault.

If there was a semblance of common sense, people calling him out for being dumb, stupid, or whatever I wouldn’t have batted an eyelid. You could have inferred the MRC could have given him a couple of weeks rest no problems.

I just can’t read and accept this notion or suggestion what he did was criminal.
Fair enough. You have to remember though that none of us are lawyers here (as far as I know) so the terminology might be a bit off in a legal sense. Whatever you call it it's up there with what Hoppa did.