What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

soc123_au

Staff member
You seem to be moving the goalposts mate.

If someone grabs your dick and you didn’t consent to it yes the other party has committed a crime. An Indecent Assault.

Get your facts straight thou don’t call someone out for a crime that was never committed. Soni Luke didn’t attempt to commit a crime nor did he commit a crime, however much you find his conduct unsavoury.
So Dick grabbing not ok, Freckle fingering ok? I'm not seeing a difference here. Not my call anyway, the MRC may or may not revisit with the Garrick incident coming to light. Our opinions either way will have little bearing on what happens.

I just find it odd you seem more outraged over terminology used on a discussion forum than one of our players channeling his inner Hoppa. I don't always agree with you but I have always found your posts to be pretty measured, this subject has caught me be surprise.

soc123_au

Staff member
I don't like what Luke did either, I thought it was disgusting. Was it an accident? I have no idea.

Luke though needs to keep his fingers to himself, why but does it need to overtake everything in 2 threads.

Luke has recieved a notification from the NRL, if they could prove anything more. Luke would have been charged.

I believe though at the moment this discussion about this is going round and round in circles.
I'll clean it up when I get time, it is a pretty hot topic.

BxTom

Bench
So Dick grabbing not ok, Freckle fingering ok? I'm not seeing a difference here. Not my call anyway, the MRC may or may not revisit with the Garrick incident coming to light. Our opinions either way will have little bearing on what happens.

I just find it odd you seem more outraged over terminology used on a discussion forum than one of our players channeling his inner Hoppa. I don't always agree with you but I have always found your posts to be pretty measured, this subject has caught me be surprise.
Like Kilkenny (apparently) I have had a bit to do with SC's, QC's and the like. Whilst I find Soni Luke's apparent actions pretty disgusting, there is little likelihood that he could be criminally charged. I think that the club will take action out of the public glare. They will need to do due diligence before taking any action though. I would expect him to dropped or pick up an 'injury'. Hard to predict what happens though.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I won't go as far as hoping Luke gets McKinnon'd but I'll be hoping for a face shattering Mansour type injury if he ever steps on the pitch in our jersey again.

mxlegend99

Referee
Just seen the soni Luke video.Does not look good hopgood reacts .If proven true tear his contract up send him packing no place for that at our club
Absolutely f**king disgraceful. Done it to Garrick a couple weeks ago too.

Shouldn't be playing NRL. Deserves at minimum the same ban Hoppa got. But realistically worse since these days those sorts of things are rightfully taken more seriously.

maple_69

Bench
Suprising that this incident seemingly hasn’t got that much media attention. To put the legal or moral debate aside for one minute, what Soni did could be turned into a massive distraction for the team. For a guy who arguably doesn’t deserve to be in the side anyway (with bigger minutes on Thursday he looked like a reserve grader), surely he needs to be cut from the side.

Given Cogger has done adequately as a temporary dummy half option and Luai (if he comes back) will be an injury risk, Jack should be taking that 14 role, Hosking the edge/centre cover and Salmon the 6 for the next couple games.

Kilkenny

Coach
Anyone saying it's not sexual assault is a f**king clown
Your a tough guy, always big on making the big statements, most of which are full of shit.

In order for the clowns who need to be further convinced perhaps you could clear up some lose ends, has Hopgood made a complaint, is he going to give evidence, how long did the alleged offence last, did the alleged offence involve actual digital penetration, if so, what finger or fingers were involved, were any injuries caused by the digital penetration, given alleged crime occurred in under three seconds what role did the victims shorts/underwear play in enabling or preventing Luke to digitally penetrate the victims anus. There lots and lots more basically questions that need answers you well know a sexual assault has been committed so addressing a few of these simple issues would be of great assistance for those not as prone to jump to stupid conclusions without knowing all the facts.

Your a tough guy, always big on making the big statements, most of which are full of shit.

In order for the clowns who need to be further convinced perhaps you could clear up some lose ends, has Hopgood made a complaint, is he going to give evidence, how long did the alleged offence last, did the alleged offence involve actual digital penetration, if so, what finger or fingers were involved, were any injuries caused by the digital penetration, given alleged crime occurred in under three seconds what role did the victims shorts/underwear play in enabling or preventing Luke to digitally penetrate the victims anus. There lots and lots more basically questions that need answers you well know a sexual assault has been committed so addressing a few of these simple issues would be of great assistance for those not as prone to jump to stupid conclusions without knowing all the facts.
I've provided a link which defines sexual assault. Whether you like it or not, you're wrong.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I won't go as far as hoping Luke gets McKinnon'd but I'll be hoping for a face shattering Mansour type injury if he ever steps on the pitch in our jersey again.

This is horrible. You don't like what Luke did, neither did I. But wishing injury on a player...........doesn't help anyone. The days of an eye for an eye.......just barbaric.

Kilkenny

Coach
I've provided a link which defines sexual assault. Whether you like it or not, you're wrong.
Trust me, I don’t need your link.

The definition of sexual assault is very simple, albeit there are other legal requirement's, case law that would have to be overcome in order to prosecute any alleged crime arising out of the incident involving J’Maine.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

I am tough thanks. You're pissweak defending a deadshit because he wears our colours

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
It’s disgusting Alice, be interesting to see how many of the fan boys call him out for it.

I don't care what player it is, or which team he / or she players for. I hate what Luke has done.

Noone though deserves to be spat at, or to be injured. Ever. That (in my opinion) is at the heart of mob mentality.