What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Kilkenny

Coach
On stupidity alone. Then add the sexual assault aspect and it's not good at all.
Ridiculous.

There is a legal requirement in our Australian criminal code, Latin term called men’s rea, which simply means to be proven as a criminal act it must be shown the accused committed the physical act and had the necessary intent or guilty mind to commit the criminal act. Neither applied here and it is ridiculous to suggest otherwise. It is almost impossible to allege the act of physical assault on a football field where someone punches someone in the face never mind a sexual assault.

Kilkenny

Coach
It's sexual assault, it's as simple as that
Jane, there is criminal complaint as a starting point. So no victim.

You are insinuating Soni Luke committed a criminal act do you realise the seriousness of making such allegations.

Even if J’Maine Hopgood went to the Police and made a statement of complaint at the very worst the investigation would be in respect to an indecent assault which basically is unwanted touching of a sexual connotation.

It is so ridiculous it is beyond a joke.

PennyPanthers81

Juniors
Off topic, but I don't often venture into the match day threads, so can someone tell me why some posters say Grant Atkins collects pubes?

soc123_au

Staff member
Ridiculous.

There is a legal requirement in our Australian criminal code, Latin term called men’s rea, which simply means to be proven as a criminal act it must be shown the accused committed the physical act and had the necessary intent or guilty mind to commit the criminal act. Neither applied here and it is ridiculous to suggest otherwise. It is almost impossible to allege the act of physical assault on a football field where someone punches someone in the face never mind a sexual assault.
Have you seen the footage of both incidents? Sexual assault is a bit of hyperbole, but if you have seen the footage I'm surprised you are defending him.

You are insinuating Soni Luke committed a criminal act do you realise the seriousness of making such allegations.

Even if J’Maine Hopgood went to the Police and made a statement of complaint at the very worst the investigation would be in respect to an indecent assault which basically is unwanted touching of a sexual connotation.

Are you kidding me? It looked like he was trying to sodomize Hopgood.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Have you seen the footage of both incidents? Sexual assault is a bit of hyperbole, but if you have seen the footage I'm surprised you are defending him.
No it’s not you are suggesting he committed a criminal act Which is absolutely absurd.

Are you familiar which the definition of sexual assault as defined by the criminal code. I don’t propose to go into the precise definition but suffice to it doesn’t meet the threshold so we’ll leave it there.

Take a deep breath and if you knuckleheads want to continue down a path of Soni committing a criminal act let’s look at perhaps the lesser offence, perhaps an act of indecency or indecent assault. Do his actions meet the criminal threshold, are you all comfortable he had the necessary criminal intent to touch Hopgood arsehole. He’s wearing shorts and swimming trunks so bit if an issue there, going to be really difficult for Soni to accomplish his goals if that what you believe.

You want to convict the kid in the court of public opinion, go for it, but you want to stretch your views to suggesting he committed a crime I suggest to you it is bullshit And rather sad. Maybe do a little research, case law, criminal law and get a grip around what constitutes a sexual assault.

soc123_au

Staff member

The following is actually a true story.

Last weekend I met my Son in the city for lunch. We had Chinese in one of the restaraunts at the top of Market City. On the way up my Son went for a slash in the toilets in Paddys Markets. I waited outside. When he came out he had a very flustered look on his face. He asked me if I saw the guy that came out before him, I said I saw someone come out, but wasn't really paying attention. He then tells me that the guy was next to him at the urinal & as he was giving it a shake after his pee, the guy gave his bat a pinch and smiled & said big.

I asked why he didn't drop him and he was in shock. He was all over the shop for a good 10 minutes. Once he calmed down I asked him if he wanted to go the cops and report it. He said what's the point, no idea who the guy is plus he was a week out from going to Hong Kong to study for 10 months. He flew out last night.

My question is by your interpretation was he sexually assaulted, or it was just a bit of a lark?

soc123_au

Staff member
No it’s not you are suggesting he committed a criminal act Which is absolutely absurd.

Are you familiar which the definition of sexual assault as defined by the criminal code. I don’t propose to go into the precise definition but suffice to it doesn’t meet the threshold so we’ll leave it there.

Take a deep breath and if you knuckleheads want to continue down a path of Soni committing a criminal act let’s look at perhaps the lesser offence, perhaps an act of indecency or indecent assault. Do his actions meet the criminal threshold, are you all comfortable he had the necessary criminal intent to touch Hopgood arsehole. He’s wearing shorts and swimming trunks so bit if an issue there, going to be really difficult for Soni to accomplish his goals if that what you believe.

You want to convict the kid in the court of public opinion, go for it, but you want to stretch your views to suggesting he committed a crime I suggest to you it is bullshit And rather sad. Maybe do a little research, case law, criminal law and get a grip around what constitutes a sexual assault.
Check my post in the other thread & get back to me.

Kilkenny

Coach
Check my post in the other thread & get back to me.
I am defending him against the stupidity of these suggestions of sexual assault.

As I relied to Jane elsewhere call it however you see it be it stupid, unsavoury, inappropriate or whatever but please don’t suggest he committed a criminal act.

I will defend him to the hilt because inferring or suggesting he sexually assaulted Hopgood is more offensive than what Soni Luke did or didn’t do.

Last weekend I met my Son in the city for lunch. We had Chinese in one of the restaraunts at the top of Market City. On the way up my Son went for a slash in the toilets in Paddys Markets. I waited outside. When he came out he had a very flustered look on his face. He asked me if I saw the guy that came out before him, I said I saw someone come out, but wasn't really paying attention. He then tells me that the guy was next to him at the urinal & as he was giving it a shake after his pee, the guy gave his bat a pinch and smiled & said big.

I asked why he didn't drop him and he was in shock. He was all over the shop for a good 10 minutes. Once he calmed down I asked him if he wanted to go the cops and report it. He said what's the point, no idea who the guy is plus he was a week out from going to Hong Kong to study for 10 months. He flew out last night.

My question is by your interpretation was he sexually assaulted, or it was just a bit of a lark?
That's horrible. Judging by the visual image, it appears that Luke was attempting to sodomize Hopgood, that is wrong.

Kilkenny

Coach

Did he touch your sons penis?

If he did and it was unwanted sexual touching that could certainly constitute an Act of Indecency or Indecent Assault. Not a sexual assault which involves something more serious in respect of an attempt or actual penetration of the vagina or anus etc.

If the man at the urinal was only making comment whilst doing something untoward with his own penis well you may be looking at a harassment or offensive behaviour or indecent exposure scenario but there is no sexual assault.

You need to either have an understanding of criminal law or at the very least google what constitutes sexual assault under our statutes.

soc123_au

Staff member
I am defending him against the stupidity of these suggestions of sexual assault.

As I relied to Jane elsewhere call it however you see it be it stupid, unsavoury, inappropriate or whatever but please don’t suggest he committed a criminal act.

I will defend him to the hilt because inferring or suggesting he sexually assaulted Hopgood is more offensive than what Soni Luke did or didn’t do.
Did you read the post in the Parra thread? Genuinely interested in what grading you would apply.

Kilkenny

Coach
The issuing of a notice of potential unsavoury conduct was appropriate given the circumstances Or evidence Or whatever you want to call it.

You want so see him outed for weeks, months that’s fine cancel the kid, but get your facts straight before insinuating he committed a crime. He didn’t commit a crime , pure and simple.