What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Kilkenny

Coach
Obviously, there is a lot happens behind the scenes we never know about.

I think Gus Gould is all in, backing his coach, which he really has to do.

Hopefully the matter can be resolvedin a manner where the player, RFM is not the loser in this unfortunate situation.

Kilkenny

Coach
Dogs need him to walk away to register another contract, It will get very messy
Dogs need him to walk away to register another contract, It will get very messy
Have to think Gus is going to have to tip in at least half his current deal to get him off the books. Probably a decent pick up for two years for a club looking to add some depth.

If RFM digs his heels in he is in the box seat.

Iamback

Coach
Have to think Gus is going to have to tip in at least half his current deal to get him off the books. Probably a decent pick up for two years for a club looking to add some depth.

If RFM digs his heels in he is in the box seat.

$400k for him sounds reasonable, The problem is how public this is. Has harmed RFM's name and clubs will wait for Dogs to offer to pay some.

Dragons are one club who comes to mind who are after solid FG until they land a big fish

The Realist

Juniors
I agree. Like some of their recent actions, heaps of flash but little substance.

A meeting didn't need to occur in a public place. One gets the feeeling that Gould wanted the photo taken. Similar to what happened when Kiks put on the dogs jersey a year earlier whilst still contracted to Penrith.

Seems like Gould is attempting to make a show of power.

NB(disclosure I may be very wrong with this)

I think your gut feeling is correct. Gus has form and it fits his MO.

The Realist

Juniors
Milked teams for at least 20 years longer than he should have been employed. Being a great bloke can be enough sometimes

One of the best things we did was get rid of him and get some modern strength and conditioning + physio's at the Panthers.

No coincidence we went from a team that had crippling injuries throughout the roster every 2nd year - to a bunch of successful years where we had below average incidents of injury and those injuries we did incur were generally very well managed.

Kilkenny

Coach
One of the best things we did was get rid of him and get some modern strength and conditioning + physio's at the Panthers.

No coincidence we went from a team that had crippling injuries throughout the roster every 2nd year - to a bunch of successful years where we had below average incidents of injury and those injuries we did incur were generally very well managed.
He should be respected for his legacy lasting almost five decades.

Goonji

Juniors
Sydney Morning Herald

Sports journalist Paul Kent charged with third domestic violence offence

By Clare Sibthorpe and Perry Duffin

November 20, 2023 — 2.58pm

Rugby league journalist Paul Kent has been charged with another domestic violence offence, six months after he pleaded not guilty to assaulting a 33-year-old woman.

Kent’s News Corp bosses temporarily stood down the 53-year-old from his roles as host of Fox Sports show NRL 360 and a senior writer for The Daily Telegraph after he was charged with one count of common assault and one count of intentionally choking a person without consent in May.

Paul Kent has been charged with a third domestic violence offence.CREDIT:BROOK MITCHELL

Court documents reveal Kent has been charged with a third domestic violence offence of assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

Kent is preparing to fight the charges and has pleaded not guilty to all three counts. He will face a hearing at Downing Centre Local Court next month.

In a statement following Kent’s arrest, NSW Police said officers were called to his Lilyfield home after reports of a domestic dispute on Friday, May 12.

He was taken to Surry Hills police station and charged before being released on bail.

The 33-year-old woman was arrested and taken to Newtown police station before being released without charge.

Outside court in May, an emotional Kent said he could not discuss specifics of the case but looked forward to his side coming out at the hearing.

“I’m embarrassed about it, but unfortunately, it’s beyond my control, so I’ll just let the court process see its way through now,” Kent said.

“It’s the rugby league soap opera, it’s the way it rolls. It’s my day to be a storyline right now.”

The charges against Kent were addressed in only the briefest terms on NRL 360 when it first went to air following Kent’s arrest.

In September, the Herald reported Kent had found work in a Rozelle funeral home as a part-time limousine driver.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Imagine Kent driving family and or friends in a funeral cortege.

Oh dear......
Dogs Driving GIF

Whino

Bench
Sydney Morning Herald

Sports journalist Paul Kent charged with third domestic violence offence

By Clare Sibthorpe and Perry Duffin

November 20, 2023 — 2.58pm

Rugby league journalist Paul Kent has been charged with another domestic violence offence, six months after he pleaded not guilty to assaulting a 33-year-old woman.

Kent’s News Corp bosses temporarily stood down the 53-year-old from his roles as host of Fox Sports show NRL 360 and a senior writer for The Daily Telegraph after he was charged with one count of common assault and one count of intentionally choking a person without consent in May.

Paul Kent has been charged with a third domestic violence offence.CREDIT:BROOK MITCHELL

Court documents reveal Kent has been charged with a third domestic violence offence of assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

Kent is preparing to fight the charges and has pleaded not guilty to all three counts. He will face a hearing at Downing Centre Local Court next month.

In a statement following Kent’s arrest, NSW Police said officers were called to his Lilyfield home after reports of a domestic dispute on Friday, May 12.

He was taken to Surry Hills police station and charged before being released on bail.

The 33-year-old woman was arrested and taken to Newtown police station before being released without charge.

Outside court in May, an emotional Kent said he could not discuss specifics of the case but looked forward to his side coming out at the hearing.

“I’m embarrassed about it, but unfortunately, it’s beyond my control, so I’ll just let the court process see its way through now,” Kent said.

“It’s the rugby league soap opera, it’s the way it rolls. It’s my day to be a storyline right now.”

The charges against Kent were addressed in only the briefest terms on NRL 360 when it first went to air following Kent’s arrest.

In September, the Herald reported Kent had found work in a Rozelle funeral home as a part-time limousine driver.

Classless prick.

murraymob

Coach
Classless prick.
His ego got the better of .i remember many years ago Voss was at Penrith with channel nine telling everyone that would listen how much a big shot he was .He fell from grace for a while
Kent no doubt thought he was above the law now has fallen he now works as a driver for a funeral home .Even if he gets off unlikely he ever gets on tv again