What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
My basic understanding of it all. Ciraldo and Gould have handled it very poorly.

I agree. Like some of their recent actions, heaps of flash but little substance.

A meeting didn't need to occur in a public place. One gets the feeeling that Gould wanted the photo taken. Similar to what happened when Kiks put on the dogs jersey a year earlier whilst still contracted to Penrith.

Seems like Gould is attempting to make a show of power.

NB(disclosure I may be very wrong with this)

Kilkenny

Coach
I agree. Like some of their recent actions, heaps of flash but little substance.

A meeting didn't need to occur in a public place. One gets the feeeling that Gould wanted the photo taken. Similar to what happened when Kiks put on the dogs jersey a year earlier whilst still contracted to Penrith.

Seems like Gould is attempting to make a show of power.

NB(disclosure I may be very wrong with this)
I have no idea who is leaking what, but if you truly want to hold a confidential meeting there are a million places where it could take place where there would be no intrusion or ability for a third party to obtain photos.

Sime_11

Juniors
would you take RFM on the cheap (maybe if the Dogs were kicking in alot of his deal?)

would be hilarious to turn him and Alamoti into weapons and watch Dog fans get more frustrated with Gus & Co

would you take RFM on the cheap (maybe if the Dogs were kicking in alot of his deal?)

would be hilarious to turn him and Alamoti into weapons and watch Dog fans get more frustrated with Gus & Co
Rumour has it, and I can't find the article, that Alamoti was the aggrieved player, who complained about their harsh training regimen. Tbh, I don't buy it, as the Panthers are brutal.

murraymob

Coach

No regardless of who is right or wrong he complained training was to hard.Not the mindset we need at the club

Whino

Bench
No regardless of who is right or wrong he complained training was to hard.Not the mindset we need at the club

I read some players complained to him and he as club captain passed on the grievances to the coach. I don't think he was the instigator. Just the conduit of complaints.

Iamback

Coach

Yep. I still rate him would do a good 20-30 role off the bench. Which is what we need

Whino

Bench
Rumour has it, and I can't find the article, that Alamoti was the aggrieved player, who complained about their harsh training regimen. Tbh, I don't buy it, as the Panthers are brutal.

I don't think it was Alamoti. I read the player who was aggrieved hadn't returned to Bulldogs training yet.

soc123_au

Staff member
My understanding is he went to management on behalf of some of the players. As captain that is part of the role. I don't think he was complaining on his own behalf. His mistake was talking to Rothfield.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
My understanding is he went to management on behalf of some of the players. As captain that is part of the role. I don't think he was complaining on his own behalf. His mistake was talking to Rothfield.

Now that would cause major issues.

Gould though blowing up about the photo being taken, when he has an office (with a door) is a WTF moment for me.

I agree the dogs have handled the whole issue poorly.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Gus loves the headlines. Doesn't matter if they are positive or negative.

I agree. Headlines and 'walking in eggshells' do tend to follow Gus around.

Penrith a good example. When Gus was here, hardly out of the papers. Now almost forgotten, and allowed to run along almost unoticed......except for the New Idea articles about Cleary's love life.