What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 11 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
We're not the worst side, but we might be close in terms of worst output compared to playing ability. Rabbits obviously up there, too.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
did that deserve a no try? Ref went up try. looked fine with a slight bobble but seen a lot worse given.
Im one eyed as i had the Titans to win. Not sure what happened at HT....
I thought it was a reasonably clear knock-on. So it's a funny one, because a lot of people didnt.

The problem is, the inconsistency in our game is just off the planet. Pretty simple rules, so poorly officiated. If union refs were this bad, their game would explode

Big Marn

Bench
There should be one bunker official in a centralised location for all games. Thats their full time job. Not refs rotating in there who all have different interpretations of the same rule. Fans could live with one interpretation that was consistent, even if they didnt fully agree. As long as its the same for all teams. At the moment there is just a litany of inconsistency in this game.

Look at the NAS try against Penrith last year. Double movement, no control over line yet try given. Call went up as try and not overturned but you would have thought the evidence was more than yesterdays to overturn it. So why was yesterdays try not given? Crazy.

Just to jog everyones memory.

Pause at 1.17 and you see him short of the line. Dubious as to whether hes tackled but there are hands on him, so I dont know if thats tackle completed or not. Roll it forward, and you see the ball come free. After the game, Refs said that he gained control of the ball again before it hit the ground. Hmmmm.

We just need the photos that the Knights have of the guys in the bunker!
Dolphins try overturned.
Warriors penalty try not given or professional foul.
Titans try overturned.

To me it is about clear evidence to overturn.
But agree we need 1 guy stuffing it up all weekend, so we get consistency.

Blair

Coach
There should be one bunker official in a centralised location for all games. Thats their full time job. Not refs rotating in there who all have different interpretations of the same rule. Fans could live with one interpretation that was consistent, even if they didnt fully agree. As long as its the same for all teams. At the moment there is just a litany of inconsistency in this game.

Look at the NAS try against Penrith last year. Double movement, no control over line yet try given. Call went up as try and not overturned but you would have thought the evidence was more than yesterdays to overturn it. So why was yesterdays try not given? Crazy.

I'd hate it if today's Bunker reviewed the Inu try in the Tigers final in '11. Rabbs, Sterlo and Gould were adamant it was a try and the 'Video Referee' agreed.

Apey

Staff member

Pause at 1.17 and you see him short of the line. Dubious as to whether hes tackled but there are hands on him, so I dont know if thats tackle completed or not. Roll it forward, and you see the ball come free. After the game, Refs said that he gained control of the ball again before it hit the ground. Hmmmm.

fwiw, Annesley at the time all but agreed that the Nelson try shouldn't have been given (you know, he does his dance to explain why it was given to defend his refs, but then highly suggests it shouldn't have been).

Blair

Coach
Penrith slipped up! Who outside Penrith had a problem with that?! For the record: it was a massive upset win to the Warriors.

No rest though, up next it's Storm v Eels. Can Parra 'do a Warriors'?

Blair

Coach
The Storm being the Storm and doing the business against a down and out opposition.

Will they crack fifty? Will they sack Arthur?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
We're not the worst side, but we might be close in terms of worst output compared to playing ability. Rabbits obviously up there, too.
Only if you discount injuries. Rabbits, Eels and Cows all stinking it up harder than us with what are good rosters on paper and more fit players. Tigers and Dogs are just worse teams. Knights and Titans have improved big time.

Blair

Coach
Katoa flies high like Garry Jack. Gee, he's a good try scorer. Sivo was beaten all ends up. It's great seeing attacking players compete for the high ball. We need more of that at the Warriors.

48-10.

Edit: Sivo in late. 48-16, Storm. Final.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Katoa flies high like Garry Jack. Gee, he's a good try scorer. Sivo was beaten all ends up. It's great seeing attacking players compete for the high ball. We need more of that at the Warriors.

48-10.

Edit: Sivo in late. 48-16, Storm. Final.
We should try and get Katoa back, at overs or whatever. He is a flat out gun. And I always thought he was here, too, but was poorly coached. I hope he still has great mates at the Warriors.

EDIT - Never mind, on contract until 2027.

Blair

Coach
Thank the rugby league gods that the Tigers finally scored. So they can score tries.

12-6, Dolphins. Halftime.

Magic round wants to close out with a Tigers upset.

Blair

Coach
24-12, Dolphins. Final. Boring, we wanted a Wests upset to end the weekend's magic. A disappointing result for Api's 200th too.

There's some loose talk about Nikorima being off contract next year and, with plenty of clubs needing halves, he'll be 'in demand'. I don't think we'd welcome him back to the Warriors though?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
24-12, Dolphins. Final. Boring, we wanted a Wests upset to end the weekend's magic. A disappointing result for Api's 200th too.

There's some loose talk about Nikorima being off contract next year and, with plenty of clubs needing halves, he'll be 'in demand'. I don't think we'd welcome him back to the Warriors though?
No for mine, unless SJ hangs up the boots suddenly and we’re desperate. id rather see if we can get Volkmann back on the cheap.

If Wolff doesn't want him next year, I reckon Wayne will take him back to Souths.

He'd be a great pick up for them IMO. Covers the whole spine, and when he's playing well - which he seems to do under Wayne - he's the ideal #14.

Big Marn

Bench
Just needed to take a breath and look back at an epic weekend of sport.

Started off with Scottie Scheffler being arrested and spending time in a jail cell before being released in time to go out and and hit a 66 in The PGA championship. Unfortunately the movie ending didnt happen as he lost touch in rd 3. But still, guy is made of different stuff.

Followed up by the Nix heartbreak defeat in extra time in the A League semi finals....

Lets not forget Quentin Strange's epic brainfade that would warm the cockles of all League fans.
For giggles click here:

A heavyweight bout in the Magic Round between the Sharks and Roosters followed up by another heavyweight bout on Sunday morning between Fury and Usyk for the first undisputed champion this century. And a cracker of a fight it was too.

Then the final treat served up for all us Warriors fans was a monumental win against the 3 time defending premiers Penrith against all the odds.

How good??