What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Munky

Coach
I would laugh if it was 4D chess to pay him out without it counting on the cap.

Seems a loop hole that should be closed by the NRL.

If Yam wins/settles in a legal battle for lost wages under a contract the amount of the payout up to the contract value should count against the cap.

WestyLife

First Grade

If Yam wins/settles in a legal battle for lost wages under a contract the amount of the payout up to the contract value should count against the cap.

TPJ was allowed to retire and come back freeing up $500k+ for the dogs. Souths also go away with stuff for burgess and jobs after retirement. Happy for us to get something.

Bred not Bought

Juniors

f**k no.

The Sharks settled Carney a few years ago, after an unfair dismissal claim. That didn't come under their cap.

If Topine wins his multi-million dollar case. That would cripple the Dogs cap if they had to incorporate that in their cap. Especially if it was over a 10-year period.

If you start incorporating legal settlements into salary caps that would open up a midfield the NRL couldn't even comprehend.

Munky

Coach
f**k no.

The Sharks settled Carney a few years ago, after an unfair dismissal claim. That didn't come under their cap.

If Topine wins his multi-million dollar case. That would cripple the Dogs cap if they had to incorporate that in their cap. Especially if it was over a 10-year period.

If you start incorporating legal settlements into salary caps that would open up a midfield the NRL couldn't even comprehend.

As I said.

To the value of the contract. If the payout is above that's not a cap issue. Topine is a rounding error on the cap for the Dogs at his current value.

Medical retirement is an NRL rule.

MugaB

Coach
Hope May is being advised that no club will touch him now even if found innocent taking legal action against Penrith will have clubs not wanting to touch him even if found innocent
Hahahahaha...
Rooster don't care mate bulldogs won't care either, anywhere Matt lodge has been won't care, ffs

Kilkenny

Coach
Hope May is being advised that no club will touch him now even if found innocent taking legal action against Penrith will have clubs not wanting to touch him even if found innocent
It is a shame in many respects there isn’t the opportunity for our criminal courts to return a verdict of not proven as opposed to the inference someone is innocent. This is particularly relevant where time and time again we see the difficulty in proving the offences beyond reasonable doubt, sexual assault cases and dv related assaults. The current system certainly doesn’t offer encouragement to alleged victims who are often let down by our criminal justice system. Even when alleged offenders are found guilty at trial or in the local court verdicts are frequently overturned on appeal on various technicalities.

Maverick isnt nrl quality.

He isn't even a stsndout in cup.

I dont see it with hassett either.

I think we need to bring in a big body young prop and 2nd rower.

Our team is built on guys that all play huge mins but arent super impactful.

A few young big bodied forwards to develop that with the idea of 20mins stints when ready is what we need.

Id still love to see this next year

Edwards
Too
Alamoti
Tago
McLean J
Laurie
Nath
Moses
Kenny
Smith
Papali
Marto
Yeo

Cole
Henry
Soro
Garner/Patea if he has a huge pre season

I like cole on the bench. I think he csn cover 9, 13, 6, centre. Way more then laurie or schnieder.

I dont like the idea of running Kenny with luke or sommo. Kenny is an 80m hooker. He goes as hard in the 80th as he does in min1. Hes the best hooker at the club. And hes getting better every week. Hes done a little bit of kicking this year and running a little more.

Only other way id consider going is 6. Cole 14. Toleau

I like toleaus kicking game at 9. But as i said mitch plays 80 so i dont see ivan taking him off in a tight game.
This is it. It is like Management is asleep at the wheel not planning ahead, just celebrating the last few years..even this year no props to step up incase JFH and Moses goes down.

I like Skelton who I think can be a starter here and Hamlin-Ule

Kilkenny

Coach
This is it. It is like Management is asleep at the wheel not planning ahead, just celebrating the last few years..even this year no props to step up incase JFH and Moses goes down.

I like Skelton who I think can be a starter here and Hamlin-Ule
I don’t think our brains trust are asleep at the wheel so to speak.

We’ve actually got quite a few front rowers, some maybe still inexperienced but we aren’t exactly short so to speak.

We’ll work it out going forward I’m sure.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
We getting ahead of ourselves. But if any player is sacked and then the said player brings unfair dismissal claim against a club. Any potential settlement would not be counted in the cap. Due to it being a legal matter.

Ahhhhh. Starting to see the thinking here.

He reminds in a sad kind of way, of that antics of Brittiany Spears.....(I know it's a long bow). Appears to be addicted to putting his WHOLE life on social media. Whilst playing the victim card.

Latest posts