What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Girds89

Bench
Missed the u/19s SOO last night, did any of the Panthers boys stand out?

Hes tough carries were awesome. He was extremely hard to put down. Made almost 160m from 17 carries.

Hes d was really good.

Probably one are which i really noticed about half a dozen times which was poor was his support play.

The 5/8 and 2nd rower would get it and he was sort of 15m out the back not even looking for the pass. He didnt really see any good early ball and a bit of that is to just be blamed on himself. Alot of the half opportunities he was way way to far back and not even looking to push up.

But that was just a small negative and easy fix. Otherwise very good.

I think over the off season he will add another 3-5kgs of muscle and really maybe be a chamce of a debut mid next season

Hes tough carries were awesome. He was extremely hard to put down. Made almost 160m from 17 carries.

Hes d was really good.

Probably one are which i really noticed about half a dozen times which was poor was his support play.

The 5/8 and 2nd rower would get it and he was sort of 15m out the back not even looking for the pass. He didnt really see any good early ball and a bit of that is to just be blamed on himself. Alot of the half opportunities he was way way to far back and not even looking to push up.

I think over the off season he will add another 3-5kgs of muscle and really maybe be a chamce of a debut mid next season
Who are you referring to here, Casey?

Iamback

Coach

Hes d was really good.

Goes with what I have been saying that he isn't quite NRL yet. Hopefully next year he becomes an option

Girds89

Bench
Goes with what I have been saying that he isn't quite NRL yet. Hopefully next year he becomes an option

Definitely next year he will get a sniff. I said at the start of this year hed be in the top squad by mid year. Middle of next year round origin he may get a debut on the wing or something

Girds89

Bench
They didn’t look faster than Critter or Dyl over that long distance chase

Theyd have both of them covered atm.

Casey definitely looked very quick. But he has quite a bit of filling out to do.

Neither of them like dyl and critta are explosive fast over 10 or 20m.

But niether was staines.

Staines was quick over the 20 to 100m distance.

Whereas laurie is quick over that 0-20m mark.

Its the reason id love for laurie to really work on his defence and get a crack at the 6 next year.

Imo hes always had a bit of matt moylan ball playing about him. Nice short kicking game etc. But he has explosive speed.

Its something we really lack in the 17.

Cole doesn't have it, schnieder definitely doesnt. Trent doesn't.

Laurie is the only 6 option for next year with a bit of real spark.

I really think if he can get his d sorted he could be a really special 6 for us.

Coles been good but i just think hes similar in a way to nath. Laurie would be a real point of difference in the 17 next year.

Either way competition for that 6 spot is super healthy

Taylan May has been to the federal court and the club are not allowed to interview him for a 2nd time... This shit is getting awkward and his insta post is very weird, he is all in his head. Club don't want him, can't see him being happy returning if he is found not guilty, which I feel is unlikely

Girds89

Bench
Taylan May has been to the federal court and the club are not allowed to interview him for a 2nd time... This shit is getting awkward and his insta post is very weird, he is all in his head. Club don't want him, can't see him being happy returning if he is found not guilty, which I feel is unlikely

Can you post the article. Cant read it. Or just sum it up.

Girds89

Bench
May can't stay now. So who can we trade him for? If he's not in gaol next year

He wont be going to gaol regardless if he is found guilty or not. 12 months community corrections order or good behaviour bond id think if he is found guilty.

But yes it appears done.

2/3 mays throwing it away. Bit of a shame after the support the club showed taylan.

Hopefully we can at least sort it out before start of next year.