What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

WestyLife

First Grade
Yep, usual suspects. Same ones that spent months telling us how bad Edwards was...

Hate the off the ball penalties not the man. Always wanted Burton but Luai has very good chemistry with these guys for obvious reasons. You can't be having quiet games and giving away penalties like that though.

Also love the condescension. Edwards was terrible. He got there with his hard work but it was never a forgone conclusion.

Last edited:
Hate the off the ball penalties not the man.

The I’ll-discipline is frustrating (albeit somewhat overstated at times). There are probably three or four incidents this year.

The one that is frustrating me more from this perspective is Tago. He seems to give away a bone-head penalty every week (or at least the last few weeks) by trying to show he is tough. And often on late tackles in the count.

Discipline is so important to a team that plays like us, and the discipline we have shown over the last few years has been the most impressive part of the Cleary era.

WestyLife

First Grade
The I’ll-discipline is frustrating (albeit somewhat overstated at times). There are probably three or four incidents this year.

The one that is frustrating me more from this perspective is Tago. He seems to give away a bone-head penalty every week (or at least the last few weeks) by trying to show he is tough. And often on late tackles in the count.

Discipline is so important to a team that plays like us, and the discipline we have shown over the last few years has been the most impressive part of the Cleary era.

Same I absolutely love that part of the team

Smug Panther

First Grade

That plus his ball handling means he really should be having a spell in reggies but we aren't in a position for that to happen unfortunately. By this time next year he could be anything

BxTom

Bench
That plus his ball handling means he really should be having a spell in reggies but we aren't in a position for that to happen unfortunately. By this time next year he could be anything
Tago looks as though he has lot's of potential, but he's lacking experience and , to an extent, common sense. I am waiting for the bombs raining down on them this weekend. Never really been tested, mostly because he and Taylan are always out of position. Edwards can't cover the lot on his own. Left side attack is good (largely due to Kikau's presence) but the defense can be pretty lacking at present.

WestyLife

First Grade
Looked up some stats for a video. Won't share the link in case I get in trouble but Yeo and Twal are the top two for tackle efficiency with 97.5% and 99%. Insane for two big guys in the 6 again era.

Iamback

Coach
Looked up some stats for a video. Won't share the link in case I get in trouble but Yeo and Twal are the top two for tackle efficiency with 97.5% and 99%. Insane for two big guys in the 6 again era.

Finucane 3?

all have been up there for a few years too. So not just flash in the pan stuff

WestyLife

First Grade
Finucane 3?

all have been up there for a few years too. So not just flash in the pan stuff

Funny thing is Cook is edual 3rd at 97.2% with Finucane so barely anything separates Yeo, Cook, Finucane but Cook is tiny compared to the two forwards so he's doing well all things considered. Cook has the most tackles at over 400 Finucane the least with just over 200.

WestyLife

First Grade
I know Cook gets flack for only being fast but he is up there in other areas too

Was too slow on the edit. Yeah you're right he's extremely good defensively apparently.

Funny thing is Cook is edual 3rd at 97.2% with Finucane so barely anything separates Yeo, Cook, Finucane but Cook is tiny compared to the two forwards so he's doing well all things considered. Cook has the most tackles at over 400 Finucane the least with just over 200.

Munky

Coach
Cook's problem is that he loses effectiveness as an attacker unless his forwards are dominating.

He doesn't have the guile in his passing game or craftiness around the ruck Api or Grant have.

Souths fans can get pretty vocal about him losing match ups against other top hookers (who coincidentally play behind good packs).

Absolute weapon against retreating defences though.

WestyLife

First Grade
Cook's problem is that he loses effectiveness as an attacker unless his forwards are dominating.

He doesn't have the guile in his passing game or craftiness around the ruck Api or Grant have.

Souths fans can get pretty vocal about him losing match ups against other top hookers (who coincidentally play behind good packs).

Absolute weapon against retreating defences though.

Yeah that's the pros and cons of every player I guess. Very few are perfect at everything. I'm surprised he doesn't use that speed to create doubt and spa e more against set defence.

Except Yeo who is perfect in every way.

Iamback

Coach
No surprise that Cook and Grant are 1 and 2 in running metres and both will be the Origin hookers.
There is no actual way to gauge passing accuracy but running and defence both are up there in

Munky

Coach
Yeah that's the pros and cons of every player I guess. Very few are perfect at everything. I'm surprised he doesn't use that speed to create doubt and spa e more against set defence.

Except Yeo who is perfect in every way.

Yeo will be cast as Mr Incredible in the live action remake of The Incredibles once he retires.

Prove me wrong.

If I had photoshop/art skills that would be my avatar.

Latest posts