What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Iamback

Coach
Lamback, this why people need to take a step back and await further information arising from the court appearance on the 28th May.

We don’t know whether the alleged incident was actually reported to police on the 8th April.

It May have been but it may not have, we don’t know and that is why @mongst many other reasons we need to reserve judgement.

I don't think after it being reported to police they will make a 5am arrest 6 weeks later.

BxTom

Bench
Us: what matters is if it's true or not.

You: dimwits it could've been anywhere.

You're an idiot.
My younger brother was accused of DV against his wife. He was also accused of breaking AVO. He spent 7 months inn remand, twice attempting suicide. When he finally had his day in court, the judge (an ex family law court judge of 35 yrs experience) ordered he be rel;eased as it was obvious he could not have committed the crime. So when I hear a total tool like you running off your big mouth I don't know whether to be angry or just pity your family. If you have a brain, use it. May might be stupid and he might be a dickhead, but until his day in court he is innocent.

Kilkenny

Coach
You were an idiot when you said we didn't need to sign Api in 2020. You are being perfectly reasonable here
I have been on this forum for more years than I care to remember.

Always endeavoured to respect one’s right to freedom of speech even when my opinions were significantly different from others.

we have locked heads, sometimes heatedly, but I don’t think that has ever impacted our ability to maintain cordial conversation around issues of the day.

I don’t understand why when I propose an alternative narrative, with objective points I should be ridiculed, I really don’t. You haven’t gone that path, but plenty of others are and have. I thought you may have but to your credit I think you may see where I am actually coming from.

Kilkenny

Coach
My younger brother was accused of DV against his wife. He was also accused of breaking AVO. He spent 7 months inn remand, twice attempting suicide. When he finally had his day in court, the judge (an ex family law court judge of 35 yrs experience) ordered he be rel;eased as it was obvious he could not have committed the crime. So when I hear a total tool like you running off your big mouth I don't know whether to be angry or just pity your family. If you have a brain, use it. May might be stupid and he might be a dickhead, but until his day in court he is innocent.
Im sorry to hear that mate. Very sad.

You can’t put brains in statues, it’s just the way it is.

Kilkenny

Coach
Time to go to bed, hasn’t been an enjoyable day on our fan forum.

I’ll just leave on this note, if and when May has his day in court and if he is convicted then I hope he gets his just desserts. He won’t go to jail, very few do, but aside from that I hope he receives a punishment befitting of his crime or crimes whatever they may be.

I have tried to be objective and put forward a number of scenarios which I thought in a fan forum may have been worthy of further discussion but apparently not. As Westy Life so unkindly pointed out I am an idiot.

All good, I’ll play the long game and see what transpires once all the evidence and information is available, that’s just me, silly me,I can’t believe I couldn’t just form a conclusion based on a news article. Go figure.

age.s

First Grade
You don’t think the general conscenus on here hasnt already gone gone down the path on tear up the contract, he is a f**k wit narrative. Really.
I'm not going to speak for everyone here, but I'd say the consensus was that he was a bit of a f**kwit since his instagram post, which happens to be around the time of the alleged DV incident. What you're seeing here in response to the charges is a solidification of that opinion.

age.s

First Grade
Thats an awful situation and I'm glad to hear the court system exonerated your brother. Justice served eventually at least.

There are some vengeful, bitter women out there.

WestyLife

First Grade

Don't mention my family. The comment you replied to says we only care if it's true or not. Maybe use your own brain and try reading first. I'm done on this forum enjoy the season.

WestyLife

First Grade
matters to me as it leads to why the delay.

Has someone promised hush money that now fell through?

That to me should lead in more heads rolling

I'd hope the club didn't do anything like that and I can't see it happening myself but I guess strange things happen in life.

From a legal standpoint a lot matters and needs to be treated carefully and correctly. We here aren't that it only matters to us if it's true or not once the process runs its course. Anyone who remembers my post history will know I'm an advocate for second chances and innocent until proven guilty. Still think may is a f**kwit.

WestyLife

First Grade
@Kilkenny I'll try one last time to extend an olive branch. The point of difference between us isn't about due process. You're lecturing at us like we're legal students at uni or something. I'm sure you've got great knowledge and understanding that'd be highly valuable in certain context but in a forum of footy fans all that matters to us is the final outcome. You know I defended JDB and his right to play when his court proceedings ended? Anyone remember that. Still think he's a horrible person who at best cheated on his pregnant partner.

Iamback

Coach
I'd hope the club didn't do anything like that and I can't see it happening myself but I guess strange things happen in life.

From a legal standpoint a lot matters and needs to be treated carefully and correctly. We here aren't that it only matters to us if it's true or not once the process runs its course. Anyone who remembers my post history will know I'm an advocate for second chances and innocent until proven guilty. Still think may is a f**kwit.

That is the thing for me, why did it take so long to lay charges.

Even if she was in fear which is horrible. He played in Townsville 2 weeks after this apparently happened. So why not then?

So that part is strange to me but I am sure more details will come out, hopefully doesn't blow back to the club.

Yeah you are much lighter on the guys than my zero tolerance

Even if she was in fear which is horrible. He played in Townsville 2 weeks after this apparently happened. So why not then?

So that part is strange to me but I am sure more details will come out, hopefully doesn't blow back to the club.

There is always some truth in any allegations, BUT, if this is related to a relationship breakdown it may well be a cunning legal ploy to sway judicial opinion.

It has precedent in recent times with high profile footballers too. Luciano Leilua comes to mind with it being dismissed way down the track. All that did was stuff his at the time footy club waiting for an outcome.

Iamback

Coach
There is always some truth in any allegations, BUT, if this is related to a relationship breakdown it may well be a cunning legal ploy to sway judicial opinion.

It has precedent in recent times with high profile footballers too. Luciano Leilua comes to mind with it being dismissed way down the track. All that did was stuff his at the time footy club waiting for an outcome.

That is why I wait for details, It wouldn't be the 1st time a woman has tried to gain something.

Also sports teams in the past have tried to cover up such things.

Then of course maybe she was happy just to let it lie, Then he or mates of his kept harrassing her so she took action.

There are 3 possible reasons there for the delay. None are good but we wait now

WestyLife

First Grade

Not sure if it helps but here's some other comments on the delay. I'm no expert so try not to discuss the particulars I only care about what happens to the club I support. Either he is not guilty and we keep an elite athlete who's a bit of a knob or he's guilty and we lose a seriously bad guy and good riddance.

Screenshot_20240519_075547_Chrome.jpg

Iamback

Coach
Not sure if it helps but here's some other comments on the delay. I'm no expert so try not to discuss the particulars I only care about what happens to the club I support. Either he is not guilty and we keep an elite athlete who's a bit of a knob or he's guilty and we lose a seriously bad guy and good riddance.

View attachment 88172

That is how I heard it works.

So for a 5am arrest his wife would of rocked up during the night to report it. What happened in that 6 week period I think becomes an issue whether he is guilty or not.

A lot of the things he is doing speaks to mental issues somewhere, So the club can't just cut him. So this will drag out for atleast this season you'd think

hindy111

Post Whore

I am not 100% but wasn't J.Reynolds,El Masri and recently P.Kent all accused of similar only to be found not guilty?

None of us know what's happened. Probably best to not even speculate.

WestyLife

First Grade
I am not 100% but wasn't J.Reynolds,El Masri and recently P.Kent all accused of similar only to be found not guilty?

None of us know what's happened. Probably best to not even speculate.

No one here has said May is guilty based on the allegations alone. Kilkenny came in hot insulting people for not knowing the legal system like him and Tom decided to be a total POS and bring my family into it. There's no worse forum for taking comments in bad faith.

age.s

First Grade
No one here has said May is guilty based on the allegations alone. Kilkenny came in hot insulting people for not knowing the legal system like him and Tom decided to be a total POS and bring my family into it. There's no worse forum for taking comments in bad faith.
Just ignore the ones you don't like imo.

Goonji

Juniors
On the surface for May it doesn’t look good and it doesn't sound good. I do not condone domestic violence in any way, shape or form. However, I will reserve my judgment and let the court decide.