What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

BxTom

Bench
No one here has said May is guilty based on the allegations alone. Kilkenny came in hot insulting people for not knowing the legal system like him and Tom decided to be a total POS and bring my family into it. There's no worse forum for taking comments in bad faith.
You really are a pathetic ah are'nt you. Kilkenny came in cautioning people not to make judgement based on the scant media releases and got called an idiot by you. Now you come and twist that by saying he insulted people. That's pure BS. But I guess that all you have for brains.

WestyLife

First Grade
You really are a pathetic ah are'nt you. Kilkenny came in cautioning people not to make judgement based on the scant media releases and got called an idiot by you. Now you come and twist that by saying he insulted people. That's pure BS. But I guess that all you have for brains.

He came straight in calling people dimwits for not knowing the nuances of the legal system and even when things were clarified that no one wants May convicted without proper processes he kept insisting we've convicted him. He insulted first and got what he gave.

I even went to the effort and gave him the courtesy of an extra message this morning to try and mend the misunderstanding because I think fundamentally we agree in principle.

If that's not good enough for you it's a you problem.

murraymob

Coach
Calm down everyone
Couple of facts
1. He has been charged
2. It will go to court
3 he has been stood down
3. Charges in many cases have been dropped before
Now he will have his day in court
His contract can not be torn up untill he is found guilty in a court of law guilty or innocent
if found innocent and charges are dropped after contract torn up he could and would sue and win
Let’s all let it run due course I beleive the club will take the correct decision once they have a court decision

Kilkenny

Coach
He came straight in calling people dimwits for not knowing the nuances of the legal system and even when things were clarified that no one wants May convicted without proper processes he kept insisting we've convicted him. He insulted first and got what he gave.

I even went to the effort and gave him the courtesy of an extra message this morning to try and mend the misunderstanding because I think fundamentally we agree in principle.

If that's not good enough for you it's a you problem.
I didn’t come in straight off the bat critizing anybody.

I thought I made an objective attempt to put forward reasonable propositions about issues that are not yet known.

I attempted rather unsuccessfully to put forward issues based on my extensive knowledge of criminal law, despite which few wanted a bar of it, one poster rather gratuitously accused of being a forum police officer so to speak.

I stand by everything I have written and said. But let’s be clear about this I only ever intended to provide informed information.

I was very clear on the overriding issue, which is persons involved in committing DV related crime need to be punished accordingly.

Kilkenny

Coach
I appreciate your support mate. Thank you. I simply attempted to provide an alternative discussion with what I thought were valid discussion points but clearly no one , or very few were interested. Kind of sad really.

Kilkenny

Coach
Is such a decision in line with the NRL stand down policy.

Based on current charges the most serious is AOABH which Carrie’s a maximum sentence of five years.

I was of the belief the automatic stand down involved serious indictable offences ie offences carrying significantly more term of imprisonment.

WestyLife

First Grade
Is such a decision in line with the NRL stand down policy.

Based on current charges the most serious is AOABH which Carrie’s a maximum sentence of five years.

I was of the belief the automatic stand down involved serious indictable offences ie offences carrying significantly more term of imprisonment.

Any charges involving women and/or children regardless of length of sentence can get you stood down in the nrl. This is why I said he'd be stood down it's part of the official policy.

WestyLife

First Grade
He Tiny May is yet to be convicted of anything.

You've convicted him, but no court of law has.

Talking about previous incidents. Between the brothers even you have to admit they've created the reputation they have. How many times can you keep doing stupid stuff?

Also haven't convicted him been over this in multiple comments.

Kilkenny

Coach
Any charges involving women and/or children regardless of length of sentence can get you stood down in the nrl. This is why I said he'd be stood down it's part of the official policy.
Just to be clear here I have no issues with him being stood down.

I thought the NRL policy was around being charged with a serious indictable offence.

Well a charge of AOABH is probably not a serious indictable offence under NSW Criminal code.

Kilkenny

Coach

I thought the NRL policy was around being charged with a serious indictable offence.

Well a charge of AOABH is probably not a serious indictable offence under NSW Criminal code.

WestyLife

First Grade

You're right but they have that crimes against women bit there because it's such bad PR Dylan Brown was on the receiving end his wasn't a 5+ year sentence.

BxTom

Bench
The NRL's no fault stand down policy applies to crimes that attract an 11 year or greater sentence, but the NRL has discretionary powers to stand down players in other circumstances.

WestyLife

First Grade
The NRL's no fault stand down policy applies to crimes that attract an 11 year or greater sentence, but the NRL has discretionary powers to stand down players in other circumstances.

This. JDB also took them to court over it and lost so the nrl is legally covered with it as well.