What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

George Carmont?

Disco

Bench
roopy said:
Disco said:
Have u guys signed him, or is he still available
Last I heard he had offers from Knights, Manly and Souths. No decision yet.
Yeah thats why i am asking, i can't see him going to souths, so i see it as him either wanting to play for a top team and play mostly premier league at Newcastle, or come to a lower team in manly and possibly get a start in first grade some time next year

antonius

Coach
Disco said:
roopy said:
Disco said:
Yeah thats why i am asking, i can't see him going to souths, so i see it as him either wanting to play for a top team and play mostly premier league at Newcastle, or come to a lower team in manly and possibly get a start in first grade some time next year
You guys have already poached one of our superstars,(Justin Ryder.. :oops: :oops: ) how many do you want?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
As a matter of fact if George is the centre out of the brothers, he may well get a run in first grade with the Knights next year.

Kaz

junior
antonius said:
You guys have already poached one of our superstars,(Justin Ryder.. :oops: :oops: ) how many do you want?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PMSL

I will miss him making a fool of himself on the footy show, but the poor buggar, he thought people were laughing with him, not at him. :lol:

Disco

Bench
antonius said:
Disco said:
roopy said:
Disco said:
As a matter of fact if George is the centre out of the brothers, he may well get a run in first grade with the Knights next year.
Gee Thanks :roll: :roll: :roll: C'mon guys Manly Need an up & comer more than u guys, Heck u have O'Davis, Tahu, Hughes, Gidley, Mad Dog, Quinn and Hall, and if we don't get a few more young backs we might (shock horrer) have to play Ryder in firsts

antonius

Coach
Tell you what Disco, we'll swap you one of our young backs (O'Davis) :oops: For Scott Donald! how's that sound? :D

Kaz

junior
Disco

I have a deal for you.

Out of the goodness of my heart, I am willing to GIVE you Brad Meyers for free.

No need to thank me for my kindness, it's the least I can do for your wonderful club. :D

Matt23

Staff member
George Carmont is a 21 year centre, he plays for the Raymond terrace magpies (the beaten grand finalists) in the Newcastle rugby league comp. he would have been close to man of the match, if his side had won.

Disco

Bench
Kaz said:
Disco

I have a deal for you.

Out of the goodness of my heart, I am willing to GIVE you Brad Meyers for free.

No need to thank me for my kindness, it's the least I can do for your wonderful club. :D
thanks, but no thanks

MC DUI

Juniors
Matt23 said:
George Carmont is a 21 year centre, he plays for the Raymond terrace magpies (the beaten grand finalists) in the Newcastle rugby league comp. he would have been close to man of the match, if his side had won.

They only just lost. :( :(

Disco

Bench
Danish Moo Cow said:
Didn't you guys just get Michael Monaghan? He's the best non-established first grade signing so far this off-season.
We sure did, but i would still like Carmont, we are buying up big in young unkwon centres in a hope that one of the steps up

Paul Stephenson (under 21s Aus rep from Brisbane)
John Payne (tongan rugby centre in world cup)
Robert Toshack (local who scored three tries for belrose in the G/F)
Carmont would complete the set

Michael Monaghan's best position for what I've seen so far is 5/8. What are you guys doing with Ben Walker next year since Andrew Walker would presumably play halfback? Ben Walker has been very up and down this year and I've thought he was a bit disappointing considering the trouble you went into getting him back. I've got the same reservations on Andrew Walker.

Carmont is good and scores trys and all, but to put our competition in perspective, Craig Hall set the record for most trys in a Newcastle RL season and is really only getting a look in with injuries to the backline. If only he didn't have a full-time job and wasn't injured as much himself...

Mark Hughes is of course the best example of a centre coming through the local competition in recent years. As promising as Carmont is, he's not exactly going to be up there with them.

Disco

Bench
Monaghan will be our half, A Walker will likely play fullback (at least until Brett Stewart steps up), and 5/8 is anyones guess, B Walker is the obvious choice but he'll be out for a while

Latest posts