What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get Reddy for 2014

Would you?

• Yes it could potentially be an excellent signing for the starting line-up

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Yes but for the right price and as a utility

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • No because there are better options off contract

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • No he won't fit into this team of "superstars"

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Don't think he's a step in the right direction, tbh. I think Ryan Morgan is coming along very nicely, and Cheyse Blair (though developing a little more slowly than Morgan) is also going well, and offers more in attack than Reddy IMO.

Don't forget Blair is two years younger then morgan. Blair is 21 this year in his 2nd year of nrl, morgan was only debuting at 21.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Im a big fan of Joel Reddy. Love the way he plays as a winger. But, we dont need him now. Probably could have used him over the last two years, but we're pretty set now as far as backs go.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Until Jarryd Hayne becomes a bookend not even a Joel Reddy will solve our many present issues.
Jarryd Hayne for 8 or 10. :roll:

billy-girl

Juniors
Reddy was always an average player at best, and the fact he isn't playing regular FG elsewhere confirms it. The fact he was originally OUR fringe first-grader doesn't make him a better buy.

People whinge regularly about us offering contracts to players at the end of their career "for depth", when we should be spending money on keeping our juniors and developing them into first graders - admittedly a more-time consuming approach to having a top-notch team, but one that's more sustainable.

Thanks but no thanks.

emjaycee

Coach
Reddy was always an average player at best, and the fact he isn't playing regular FG elsewhere confirms it. The fact he was originally OUR fringe first-grader doesn't make him a better buy.

People whinge regularly about us offering contracts to players at the end of their career "for depth", when we should be spending money on keeping our juniors and developing them into first graders - admittedly a more-time consuming approach to having a top-notch team, but one that's more sustainable.

Thanks but no thanks.

Lots of sensible comments in this post... are you sure you're in the right forum?

Swiftstylez

Bench
So reddy is a try scorer and a starter for a premiership winning team in 2015. Some of you have NO eye for talent. It is also why my opinions while initially unpopular later become revered. This isnt the first or the last time ive made some of you look back foolishly at your replies.

Swiftstylez

Bench
:lol: he fell over the line. Anyone on here could score that try

Wow you smug armchair critic. He also defended like a champ and made critical plays when the game was closer (foot on the line). His hands are also some of the safest in the nrl and in defence I would not trade him for any other back in the nrl.

im not saying we could of kept him or we would have won a premiership (we could have had inglis or burgess last year and still missed the finals), but he is 10 times the player some of you mocked me for and he has won a premiership in the same year I would have had him. Hayne cant even claim that.

Latest posts