What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get the F*ck behind the boys now!!

thommo4pm

Coach
I'm as pis*ed as anyone about the last two weeks, but this side has given us so much enjoyment and thrills for the majority of this season.

Do NOT give up on this team right now, we are sitting in 1st still at the end of this round, unless the Dogs win by 100.

We are in a slump right now, but they have played too well for 22 rounds to suggest that this slump can not be broken.

Everyone, and I mean everyone needs to get to ANZ stadium next week against Souths and cheer your arses off.
One win, is all it will take. Brisbane beat Cronulla in a sh*t match and haven't looked back since.

Stop the bitching and saying the season is over, yes it hurts that we have lost 2 in a row, but that's because we had won 16 out of 20 before that.

Now is the time to get behind the club and the players and show your support and show that you appreciate everything they have done this year.
They have busted their guts for us.

We have lost 2 games by smallish margins....Canberra only blew out on the back of penalties.
There was always going to be a slump at some time this year....this is it, and it's our job to lift them out of it along with the players themselves.
Bagging the team out from within our own supporter base is not going to achieve anything, the media all want to see us fail, so why would we turn on our own in our hour of need.

Come on Dragons fans, stick together and get to ANZ stadium next Saturday night, as our march towards the finals is re-born.

Gaba

First Grade
You just have to look in the recent years where sides like the broncos were not playing thier best footy few weeks before the finals and people were saying they were gone , once the finals start they lifted and sides who were playing good footy couldnt keep up with them.

These games even though would have been good to win you cant keep playing your best every week, and when games like these dont mean much it is hard for the players to lift when there is no real benefit for the team,to go hard and risk injurys for nothing.

Mr Saab

Referee
You just have to look in the recent years where sides like the broncos were not playing thier best footy few weeks before the finals and people were saying they were gone , once the finals start they lifted and sides who were playing good footy couldnt keep up with them.

What the?
From 2001-2005. The Broncos went into the finals with poor form. 2006 they slumped close to the end, but then started winning at the time of the year and won the comp. In 2007 they sucked. 2008 they beat a slumping Chooks and then choked to the Storm.
Your comparison to the Broncos is wrong.

Gaba

First Grade
What the?
From 2001-2005. The Broncos went into the finals with poor form. 2006 they slumped close to the end, but then started winning at the time of the year and won the comp. In 2007 they sucked. 2008 they beat a slumping Chooks and then choked to the Storm.
Your comparison to the Broncos is wrong.

Im not talking about the whole year , im talking about the weeks before the finals and when the finals started the broncos lifted

2007 they had injurys like majority of teams , storm won that year by default

2008 , they were unlucky against the storm, in a way , due to bronco player who had the ball for the broncos in the final min :)

Last edited:

grandorient

Bench
The Team, its always the Team, its the only thing that really counts.

Saints still have the best team in the comp and WILL recover in time for the finals. Even if they had the worst team, I would still support them, that will never change and that is the way it is and must be.

I believe that would go for just about all the fans on these forums, Dragons, Doggies, Souths and Broncs.

I will support them until the end of this season and thenget ready for the next. Thats the way it is.

Strangely enough, I feel more emotion for the boys and Uncle Wayne and for that matter a lot of the Saints fans on this forum, who are more passionate and go to far more games than I could ever hope to. Watching the game on TV last night, I felt quite sorry for all our fans at the game and took some solace in knowing that they felt worse than I did.

C'mon Dragons, no talk of defeat here, only victory.

GO

thommo4pm

Coach
The Team, its always the Team, its the only thing that really counts.

Saints still have the best team in the comp and WILL recover in time for the finals. Even if they had the worst team, I would still support them, that will never change and that is the way it is and must be.

I believe that would go for just about all the fans on these forums, Dragons, Doggies, Souths and Broncs.

I will support them until the end of this season and thenget ready for the next. Thats the way it is.

Strangely enough, I feel more emotion for the boys and Uncle Wayne and for that matter a lot of the Saints fans on this forum, who are more passionate and go to far more games than I could ever hope to. Watching the game on TV last night, I felt quite sorry for all our fans at the game and took some solace in knowing that they felt worse than I did.

C'mon Dragons, no talk of defeat here, only victory.

GO

It wasn't easy sitting through that at the ground last night mate....the crowd was very flat and really had no reason to get excited.

The boys will turn this around, I have no doubt.

TheRev

First Grade
Oh god yes we are in the comp as much as any other team is (the same way I felt 2 weeks ago), its still 3 weeks until we want to be hitting our straps.

None of the forum posts though are about the season being over though (apart from opposition supporters)! They're about some tweaks to personnel/strategy, we can definitely improve still.

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Hear Hear, So pissed off last night but i'll be back next Saturday to cheer them on and hopefully gather some momentum!

COME ON YOU SAINTS!

None of the forum posts though are about the season being over though (apart from opposition supporters)!

Not true. Some of our supporters have started threads claiming the season is over. We have to remain positive. This is the first time this year we have lost back to back and people are getting jumpy. We MUST win next week then it will all be back to normal.

Dragon

Coach
I certainly haven't given up hope! We are in the finals and having a few hiccups along the way. Still two games to get things sorted.

Though i hope Parra get the press they deserve now, they are surely favs to win the comp.

I certainly haven't given up hope! We are in the finals and having a few hiccups along the way. Still two games to get things sorted.

Though i hope Parra get the press they deserve now, they are surely favs to win the comp.

It is certainly not us now. It would be interesting to see a poll on who people think will win it. I would say Dogs, Parra and Broncos would all be in front of Saints right now.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Exactly get behind the boys. Its surprising how easily some fans are willing to write us off. I mean this old d*ckhead next to me last night spent the whole second half screaming "Yous are f*cking sh*t" and "I cant believe i wasted my money on GF tickets" or "Even my grandma could play better than yous". I deadset want to knock the old bloke out. Obviously a closet Dragons supporter who will go back into the closet if we keep losing but will undoubtably be front row centre if we are there on GF day.

JamieSoward#6-

Juniors
im going to rabbits game and the eels game and the 1st week of finals
just a question of the finals game. can we buy our tickets at the stadium?

miccle

Bench
IMO these two losses were needed by the Dragons, and you've got no better coach in the comp to make your boys aware of that and to get them out of the rut.

We looked gonners three-quarters of the way through 2006, but WB never faltered. Your team's form for the entire season has been too strong to write it off after two below par performances against teams who really had much, much more to play for on the night.

Pains me to say it because I hate the Dragons, but you're still the yardstick in 2009 IMO. Was awesome to finally get a freaking win over the Red V last night all the same, but I doubt any team could've beaten the Broncos when they were that desperate. If you guys lift just a little, you won't look back.

thommo4pm

Coach
im going to rabbits game and the eels game and the 1st week of finals
just a question of the finals game. can we buy our tickets at the stadium?

Wouldn't be likely mate, it will be sold out before match day.
Kogarah only seats just over 20,000, you can be sure that will be sold out by Tuesday / Wednesday of the week leading up to the game.

thommo4pm

Coach
IMO these two losses were needed by the Dragons, and you've got no better coach in the comp to make your boys aware of that and to get them out of the rut.

We looked gonners three-quarters of the way through 2006, but WB never faltered. Your team's form for the entire season has been too strong to write it off after two below par performances against teams who really had much, much more to play for on the night.

Pains me to say it because I hate the Dragons, but you're still the yardstick in 2009 IMO. Was awesome to finally get a freaking win over the Red V last night all the same, but I doubt any team could've beaten the Broncos when they were that desperate. If you guys lift just a little, you won't look back.

Congrats on last night to you miccle.
Brisbane were just far too good for us...there is no shame in admitting a better team beat us on the night, and that's what happened last night.