What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GI already keen to leave

ponies 4ever

Juniors
As a major fan of his signing, I find it hard to take he is already talking up his departure in 2yrs. Why bother coming at all ? I can understand the emotion involved at present in his situation, but you know there is also a distinct lack of understanding and respect to a legion of fans awaiting to worship him. You weren't forced to sign with the Broncos Greg !

Dingus

Juniors
Can't see him going back whilst Cronk/Slater/Smith are there.

If salary cap goes up in 2012, so will everyones wages relative to that, and it will be difficult for Melbourne to hold such a strong squad.

He also said 'he will never play against the storm'

2 years time, he will love the broncos

AuDragon

Juniors
Good on GI. Shows passion, respect and pride in the club that made him great. I have nothing against it at all.

Like Henjak said, it's up to us Broncos to make him feel welcome and treat him to what makes the Broncos so special, so that after 2 years he won't want to leave at all.
Besides, chances are that by that time he will have settled with his family in Brisbane, and the question is whether the Storm will even be able to offer him a contract down the track...

Snappy

Coach
Maybe after he wins the 2011 premiership with the Broncos he wont want to leave :D

Evenflow

Bench
This is exactly what was said from the horses mouth for those that missed it. There was also talk that izzy was keen to go back to melbourne before the salary cap stuff broke. Personally i think GI will find the fishbowl that is the rugby league mad town of Brisbane too much and wouldn't surprise me to see him move on in 2 years. That said anything can happen and only time will tell.

http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video...s/xnr0us8?showPlaylist=true&from=news&fg=news

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Agree with a lot of posts above, that said, he did not HAVE TO LEAVE the Storm. Sure he loves the Storm and good on him, so why sign a contract somewhere where he knows his heart isn't ? As a supporter of the Brisbane Broncos how can anyone truly get behind the guy ? If he felt this way Andrew Gee should not have pursued him in my opinion. So now our club is a transit lounge not only for Union and AFL, but for players waiting for the NRL cake to get bigger ?
How can the club have a true heart and soul with guys with feelings like this on the roster ? I say again great he feels like that about Storm but what a slap in the face to Broncos supporters straight up ! All of a sudden not that ecited by his arrival..............................and imminent departure.

_Johnsy

Referee
As a major fan of his signing, I find it hard to take he is already talking up his departure in 2yrs. Why bother coming at all ? I can understand the emotion involved at present in his situation, but you know there is also a distinct lack of understanding and respect to a legion of fans awaiting to worship him. You weren't forced to sign with the Broncos Greg !

Ponies,

Take your maroon & yellow glasses off just for a minute, and lets look at this in simplistic terms, afterall with greg's intelligence it's the best option.

He came from a club the systematically cheated the salary cap, players signed numerous contracts and players were given free shopping cards (worth thousands) & even speed boats appeared. Lets get this clear, IMO the players knew they were cheating the cap.

A club (Brisbane) offerds him a massive contract (inclusive of 3rd party deals) he takes that contract. It is all about the $$$$$, nothing more, nothing less. Your club chose to sign him knowing all the above, not too different from Israel is it?

The only thing that matters to these players are the $$$$$$$$. You can't have it both ways.

Last edited:

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Agree with what you say Johnsy, but as a Broncos fan my maroon, gold and white glasses will always remain intact, and if players become so blatant in their pursuit of the $$$$$ only, it is a blight on the game as a whole. I was under the impression Melbourne was right near the Brisbane offer, so if this is the case and the heart feels so strong on Inglis' behalf, why not stay ? I just can not fathom how any Broncos supporter can really get behind him when he has virtually labelled himself a 2yr MERCENARY. I have enormous respect for Greg Inglis' ability as a player and the fact he openly reveres the club that nutured him, maybe some comments are best left unsaid to the media. His honesty is noteworthy but it doesn't make it easier to greet him with open arms to a club rebuliding it's own roster. At a time when euphoria should be on the agenda I find it difficult to get excited by a team whos headline act is already counting the clock down........I.F played us with his b.s and now this, personally I'd rather Alex Glenn to get the run as at least his heart is with the jersey he dons. If people up here are really going to kiss G.Is ring for the next two years to convince him to stay so be it, personally I'd rather he stay in Mexico and see our own rewarded. Alex Glenn, Dale Copley and the like, and the legion of Broncos supporters deserve better. There is no future for the club to build on around this kind of attitude and we accept it at our own peril.

Noa

First Grade
Lol, as if youd listen to anything a bitter old Saints fans has to say on the matter

AuDragon

Juniors
Why are people taking comments made at an obviously distressing time so seriously?
Inglis loves the Storm where he grew to become what he is today and is clearly upset at leaving the club and his friends.
He shouldn't be making those comments public in such a fashion, but I'm not surprised at the feelings.

After 2 years at the Broncos and being possibly settled in Brisbane as a family, he might think differently.
I've seen this happen so many times in Europe with soccer players, yet they move on and turn into absolute toppers at their new club.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I could imagine him sitting the year out in protest or atleast dogging it in most games if its true he doesn't really want to play for the Broncos. That would be sensational but not unthinkable. The Broncos do not command the respect that they used to and it all comes down to your coach and administration.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Well thankfully we are getting new administration next year and I for one don't have a problem with the coach. Hes a different coach to WB and the players are still adjusting to it, give Henjak and the players time to sort each other out.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Coach, players and supporters need to stick together and see through the disappointment to the end of 2010. We need to resist the temptation to implode like our southern adversaries. Please don't sign Stuart Broncos !

AuDragon

Juniors
I could imagine him sitting the year out in protest or atleast dogging it in most games if its true he doesn't really want to play for the Broncos. That would be sensational but not unthinkable. The Broncos do not command the respect that they used to and it all comes down to your coach and administration.
No one forced him to sign with us! Just because he is upset at leaving the Storm, doesn't mean he won't do his best at the Broncos.
I'm truly amazed at some people's thoughts! :crazy:

Noa

First Grade
Yep.

He will rip it up at the Broncos, probably help win you a title or 2.....then come home.

Everybody wins.

Latest posts