What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gidley into halves / Thaiday to return?

League_God

Juniors
NthKnight said:
Yes and our biggest loses last year were:

Rd 3 48-18 Canberra (A game where Thiaday played I believe)
Rd 11 71-6 Brisbane
Rd 18 44-0 Melbourne
Rd 20 52-10 NZ
Rd 21 20-4 Dragons
Rd 22 50-16 Manly
Rd 23 46-12 Penrith (the wooden spooners)

Over all for and against of -290 which was by a massive margin the worst in the comp.

So YES, defence was or biggest problem

most points and metres gained against us came from up the middle of the park. where we had perry, wooly, reagan and two 19 yr ols playing.
our forwards are much better this year..
defence is simply not going to be a problem this year.
its a completely different side playing this year.

League_God

Juniors
mate thought id add....did you look at the try we were scoring, even when it was a clso game...we were lucky to get 2 trys

Johns Magic

Referee
NthKnight said:
Yes and our biggest loses last year were:

Rd 3 48-18 Canberra (A game where Thiaday played I believe)
Rd 11 71-6 Brisbane
Rd 18 44-0 Melbourne
Rd 20 52-10 NZ
Rd 21 20-4 Dragons
Rd 22 50-16 Manly
Rd 23 46-12 Penrith (the wooden spooners)

Over all for and against of -290 which was by a massive margin the worst in the comp.

So YES, defence was or biggest problem, I never once said it was our only problem

Thaiday played 15 minutes off the bench in that Raiders game and scored a nice try. The rest of those games he didn't play in.

You said:

"Our defence in the past two seasons is what has held us back from being a true premiership contender"

So our attack wasn't the problem, it was just our defence?

NthKnight

League_God said:
mate thought id add....did you look at the try we were scoring, even when it was a clso game...we were lucky to get 2 trys

To get tries you need to have posession of the ball which is a little hard when your always returning it to the oposition via restarts and handling errors.

I have no doubt we had issues in attack, but our defence was far worse other wise we would have been losing by 4-6 not 20-30+

perverse

Referee
Johns Magic said:
Thaiday played 15 minutes off the bench in that Raiders game and scored a nice try. The rest of those games he didn't play in.

You said:

"Our defence in the past two seasons is what has held us back from being a true premiership contender"

it's both, and we all know it. i think building a defensive platform to work off is of dire importance. the attack will largely take care of itself from there on in... and we can then start talking about sacrificing defensive qualities for attacking flair.

NthKnight

Johns Magic said:

You said:

For the 3rd time I will say it : Defence was our biggest problem but by no means our only problem. However I believe that our aweful performances in defence were the biggest stumbling blocks to having a genuine crack at a premiership in the last 3-4 years.

Im not sure I can make it any clearer

Johns Magic

Referee
NthKnight said:
For the 3rd time I will say it : Defence was our biggest problem but by no means our only problem

Im not sure I can make it any clearer

Well, you certainly made it clear when you said it was the thing holding us back from being premiership contenders.

NthKnight

Johns Magic said:
Well, you certainly made it clear when you said it was the thing holding us back from being premiership contenders.

Maybe but I have clarified my point further 3 times since making that statement.

You only read what you want to dont ya JM

Johns Magic

Referee
NthKnight said:
Maybe but I have clarified my point further 3 times since making that statement.

You only read what you want to dont ya JM

I read what you wrote and commented on it.

Then you changed what you said and said I read something that wasn't there, and accused me of not being able to comprehend what you were saying.

You don't read what you write do ya NK.

NthKnight

Johns Magic said:
I read what you wrote and commented on it.

Then you changed what you said and said I read something that wasn't there, and accused me of not being able to comprehend what you were saying.

You don't read what you write do ya NK.

You commented on a statement I made 3 posts after I had clarified my point, then on top of that you quoted it incorrectly as I never once said it was the reason for us not being contenders just a reason. I never once changed what I said I simply expanded on it as it evidently came across as a little misleading.

I accused you of convieniently disregarding my later posts, not failing to comprehend them. There is a big difference between the two.

Johns Magic

Referee
NthKnight said:
I never once said it was the reason for us not being contenders just a reason.

That's essentially what this is about, and you did say that:

Our defence in the past 2 seasons is what has held us back from being a true premiership contender

You did say it, don't pretend you didn't, and don't imply I misunderstood you.

NthKnight

Johns Magic said:
That's essentially what this is about, and you did say that:

You did say it, don't pretend you didn't, and don't imply I misunderstood you.

Yes I said it is what has held us back but that doesnt mean it is the only one. You said attack wins premierships and I said that defence loses them so I made my point in regards to defence, then when it became apparent that you thought it was the only factor I attributed to our poor performances I clarified my point in further posts which you convieniently ignored.

My point stands though. If we had had decent defence last season we would have made the 8 and been in with a shot for a title. Better attack would have helped also but defence was the killer for us.

Frustrating to say the least

Give Milty one last shot. He is a absolute enigma. He is a matchwinner if given the room. We all know how fast he is so it can't hurt. Match payments and no second chances.

Ranger Jace

Juniors
JM is like one of those bratty little kids that have to pick and question everything and will continue to do so no matter what. Hes like that sticky booger in your nose that just won't come out.

10,000 plus posts? Is that 10,000 booger-like comments? Get a real job. oh wait, I forgot your're that snotty lil brat. Call this then: Daddy Day Care Centre: 1800 567 432.

Johns Magic

Referee
Ranger Jace said:
JM is like one of those bratty little kids that have to pick and question everything and will continue to do so no matter what. Hes like that sticky booger in your nose that just won't come out.

10,000 plus posts? Is that 10,000 booger-like comments? Get a real job. oh wait, I forgot your're that snotty lil brat. Call this then: Daddy Day Care Centre: 1800 567 432.

You know the Daddy Day Care Centre number and you pick your nose.

Sounds like you're the snotty little brat.

keeney

First Grade
Johns Magic said:
You keep repeating it, and it's quite frankly a massive beat-up.

If you go back and read the threads from the time when he was ripping it up, you'll see alot of people conceding that they were wrong about Thaiday, and that his safety had improved out of sight.

You seem to remember his first few games and little else.

Not at all, the games I remember are the ones from the beginning of 06. I hardly remember 05. We're always gonna disagree, but don't tell me what I remember.

keeney

First Grade
Newie is God's Country said:
Give Milty one last shot. He is a absolute enigma. He is a matchwinner if given the room. We all know how fast he is so it can't hurt. Match payments and no second chances.

He isn't fast. He's quick over 10m then slow as Perry afterwards.

Latest posts